Author Topic: Sainsbury's grocery delivery  (Read 229 times)

Sainsbury's grocery delivery
« on: 16 May, 2024, 08:26:33 pm »
So, it's a first time for me.  I am at my youngest son's house dog sitting for a few days.

I have just done an order online and on the website it says that the order will be delivered here.  In the confirmation email it says that the order will be delivered to my home address.

Which am I to believe?

It is quite a difference between Rugby and Northampton. 🤔

Re: Sainsbury's grocery delivery
« Reply #1 on: 16 May, 2024, 08:36:44 pm »
More utter shite:  I have tried to amend the order and I can reach a page which says I can edit / amend the delivery address.  Except I cannot because there is no option to edit it.

I shall ring in the morning.

I suppose once millions of people need to use online ordering the supermarkets will sort it out ...  🤔

« Reply #2 on: 16 May, 2024, 08:41:24 pm »
Phone them up.
Someone will be there to answer now.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #3 on: 16 May, 2024, 08:48:00 pm »
You cannot amend personal details on the app, you have to log on to your account on the website. I apologise if that is what you are trying to do.  :)
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #4 on: 16 May, 2024, 11:15:42 pm »
You cannot amend personal details on the app, you have to log on to your account on the website. I apologise if that is what you are trying to do.  :)

That's interesting Beardy.

I am in fact using the website even though from my mobile.  Diving in reveals that I cannot change a delivery address whilst a delivery is scheduled for that address. 

The error is theirs because I put the post code for the delivery address in and then selected the correct house from the drop down.  For some reason their crappy system took my billing address and used that except for the post code which is correct.

I expect that my delivery slot will not be honoured once they correct their error. 

Not the greatest experience ever.

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 08:55:09 am »
Took nearly 30 minutes on the phone.  The agent was struggling to persuade the system to allow him to update the delivery address.  In the end he had to create a new delivery address and reassign the order to that address.

Bonkers but level unlocked!