Author Topic: Conference bikes or similar  (Read 966 times)

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
Conference bikes or similar
« on: 27 February, 2020, 06:47:58 am »
Here in sunny Bognor Regis, there's a little train thing that goes up & down parts of the promenade giving people a ride.  During a chat with one of my councillors recently, I suggested that it would be great to have something like a conference bike during the summer. 

Apart from the official CoBi conference bike from the Netherlands which is €11,750, does anyone know of any similar, wacky, multi-user pedal powered vehicles?   

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Re: Conference bikes or similar
« Reply #1 on: 27 February, 2020, 08:36:27 am »
There are those beer bikes, also from the Netherlands(?) that were banned from Amsterdam a while back because they were leaving a trail of urine behind.

I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2 on: 27 February, 2020, 11:22:59 am »
A several of delta recumbent trikes, coupled together in a train.  I think the record is a couple of hundred, but half a dozen should be a bit more manageable.

« Reply #3 on: 27 February, 2020, 09:21:35 pm »
I'd talk to Mickle at Get Cycling in York. https://www.getcycling.org.uk/

They've had several conference bikes and ZEMs (Zero Emission Machine), which is 4 seater car layout.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #4 on: 28 February, 2020, 09:01:58 pm »
Ta!
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein