Author Topic: I fear the lurgy is upon me  (Read 7996 times)

Re: I fear the lurgy is upon me
« Reply #25 on: 21 December, 2008, 08:28:11 pm »
Don't go! You'll feel rubbish - and infect a bunch of other people.
I didn't go. The thought of having to have a shower and put proper clothes on made me burst into tears  :o so I thought I probably shouldn't go.  ::-) Managed to get rid of the ticket and now I am considering ordering one f these - what a genius idea. THE SLANKET, THE BEST BLANKET EVER

Kirst!  Why didn't you post that link before I'd done my Christmas shopping?  It's nearly as good as the Big Slipper!

Get well soon.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #26 on: 22 December, 2008, 12:37:30 pm »
Having felt miserable yesterday (shivery, headachy, slightly queasy, tired and generally crap) I woke this morning in a puddle of sweat and all of a sudden the fever has goen and my brain works again..

Yee haa..

Still got a bit of a cough and suchlike but life is so much better.

"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #27 on: 22 December, 2008, 02:44:45 pm »
I'm at the stage where my body is trying to expel it all via the medium of snot. I'm sneezing it out and coughing it up. Bleurgh.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

LE

« Reply #28 on: 22 December, 2008, 03:07:18 pm »
I think I lost a lung some time earlier today. :(

Gws all

Chris S

« Reply #29 on: 22 December, 2008, 03:10:16 pm »
I don't do fevers terribly well - I hallucinate and do weird things.

I don't do Codeine based medicines very well - I hallucinate and do weird things.

So a few years back, when I had a major bout of flu, which included a really nasty ear infection as a Bonus Extra, The Doc prescribed me some Coproximol for the pain.
Once my temperature hit 104F, I was as high as a kite; and at one point was attempting to ski in the kitchen. I believe I also tried to pull Mrs S' sister, though sadly I have no recollection of that.

Of course, the fever I had when I had chickenpox (when I was 30 - it wasn't pretty) was the worst. I completely lost a fortnight of my life somewhere.

« Reply #30 on: 22 December, 2008, 03:12:25 pm »
Despite sharing a car, a table, and a pub with the afflicted I have yet to succumb to lurgy. Bwahahaha!    ;D

I hope you all GWS so you can enjoy this Winterval.  :thumbsup:

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #31 on: 22 December, 2008, 03:15:54 pm »
I don't do fevers terribly well - I hallucinate and do weird things.

I don't do Codeine based medicines very well - I hallucinate and do weird things.

NightNurse sends me a bit off my head; it's not unknown for me to hallucinate when I take that.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #32 on: 22 December, 2008, 03:16:35 pm »
My partner is still lurgied.
There has been no shortage of snogs between us. I might have the mildest of mild colds. He has been Very Ill for a week.

LE

« Reply #33 on: 22 December, 2008, 03:16:43 pm »
Don't say that. I merely thought something similiar and within a day or two I had a temp of 103.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #34 on: 22 December, 2008, 03:19:18 pm »
I will wait and see. I reckon I won't get badly lurgied. I'm that sort of Hateful Creature.

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #35 on: 22 December, 2008, 03:26:34 pm »
Well, having expelled one lurgy from my body, I now have a whole new one.  >:(

This one appears to involve it being rather painful to breathe. 

I so rarely get ill that I'm not sure whether this is normal or not.  I'm going to try to see a doctor tomorrow. 

Jezza

« Reply #36 on: 22 December, 2008, 04:52:21 pm »
I seem to have acquired some sort of bastard sneezing disease. Ever since waking up this morning, my noise twitches, my eyes start streaming and I begin emitting ear-splitting shrieks which leave me doubled up and groaning. Gaaaaah. 'Nuther one on the way soon. 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/FzRH3iTQPrk&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/FzRH3iTQPrk&rel=1</a>

« Reply #37 on: 22 December, 2008, 04:54:26 pm »
I seem to have acquired some sort of bastard sneezing disease. Ever since waking up this morning, my noise twitches, my eyes start streaming and I begin emitting ear-splitting shrieks which leave me doubled up and groaning. Gaaaaah. 'Nuther one on the way soon. 

You filthy beast:    BBC NEWS | Health | Sneezing 'can be sign of arousal'
 ;D

Jezza

« Reply #38 on: 22 December, 2008, 04:59:17 pm »
I begin emitting ear-splitting shrieks which leave me doubled up and groaning

I realise it's a very personal thing, and everyone has their own little quirks, but can I just make clear that this is when I sneeze:D

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #39 on: 22 December, 2008, 06:03:48 pm »
I don't know if I'm going to be well enough to travel home for Christmas. When I think that tomorrow I have to get my case down from on top of the wardrobe (when it's all I can do to sit upright), pack, get to the station, and then do a four hour train journey with one change, I'm not sure I can manage. But if I don't, I'll be here all alone all Christmas with no food in.

*dilemma*

On the other hand I can phone out for a curry and watch Doctor Who without anyone bickering through it.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #40 on: 22 December, 2008, 06:12:37 pm »
We worked out David would be too ill to travel to his Dad and I bagsed the last Sainsbury's home delivery. I'll be able to prepare The Full Works without any of the things David despises at Christmas (eg. crackers & brussels sprouts).

Get a big takeaway meal delivered, save the leftovers for future meals and enjoy a Quiet Christmas!

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #41 on: 23 December, 2008, 02:42:24 pm »
Am going home in a couple of hours. I suspect I'll think I've made the wrong decision, but I've made it now.

LE

« Reply #42 on: 23 December, 2008, 02:46:11 pm »
Safe journey

Chris S

« Reply #43 on: 23 December, 2008, 07:41:58 pm »
I have been coming down with The Lurgy today. Scratchy sore throat, runny nose, strange sense of smell, and spacey feeling.

I'm in the process of clubbing it over the head with a bottle of Tesco cheap Red. I'll report back as to whether it has worked, sometime tomorrow.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #44 on: 23 December, 2008, 08:23:13 pm »
Is what I think when My Man starts showing affection...

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #45 on: 05 January, 2009, 09:45:05 pm »
Ugh. I spent all of Christmas week feeling like cack and all of last week better than cack but still coughing, sneezing and exhausted. By the weekend I felt basically ok, still coughing in cold air, sneezing a lot and tired, but my sleep pattern has been disrupted from 2 weeks off work so I expected to be tired.

Today I got up for work feeling shattered, knocked a glass of juice over, the juice went all over my legs, feet and floor then the glass fell off and broke into a billion pieces. Got the bus to work as it's icy and I didn't feel up to cycling on my first day back - knew I'd be tired by the end of the day. Felt ok this morning, then this afternoon had headache, a bit of a sore throat and felt very queasy. And now I feel like I'm coming down with something else.  :o >:( :(  I really hope I'm just tired and it'll pass once I get back to a normal sleep pattern.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #46 on: 05 January, 2009, 10:03:45 pm »
Oh dear! Get well soon!
It looks like my David is onto Round Two of the lurgy.
Having almost recovered from Round One, we went to visit his Dad in Christchurch last weekend. (He was to ill to visit at Christmas.) David now has a very sore throat, a stiff jaw and swollen glands in his neck. He is not a happy bunny...

Eccentrica Gallumbits

« Reply #47 on: 05 January, 2009, 10:06:23 pm »
I'm going to bed now.

« Reply #48 on: 05 January, 2009, 10:08:04 pm »
GWS Kirst. Some really nasty stuff around this winter, it seems  :(