Author Topic: [LEL17] A thread for registration problems  (Read 14982 times)

[LEL17] A thread for registration problems
« on: 06 January, 2017, 06:12:29 pm »
It's not letting me register  :(

It keeps saying "Audax UK membership number does not match details held in early entry list"

I'm pretty sure it is my membership number as I'm copying it straight from the AUK web site.

[panics] I'm going to miss the ride!!!!

'elp.
You're only as successful as your last 1200...

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
Re: A thread for registration problems
« Reply #1 on: 06 January, 2017, 06:14:32 pm »
It says my email address doesn't match the early entry list.

It was actually my membership number which was wrong.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

« Reply #2 on: 06 January, 2017, 06:16:24 pm »
It said my name didn't. I took a space off the end, Sorted....

Rich XAB

• Dulwich on the outside, Peckham on the inside!
« Reply #3 on: 06 January, 2017, 06:20:19 pm »
Re-enter your details checking that you haven't put in any extra spacing at the front or back. Worked for me.

Does anyone know how and when we can claim our start time? Ta

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #4 on: 06 January, 2017, 06:21:44 pm »
Could the problem be linked to a tweet I saw from @SirWobbly?

https://twitter.com/SirWobbly/status/816640376266178560?s=09
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

« Reply #5 on: 06 January, 2017, 06:25:59 pm »

I hope not! The AUK web site says my membership is valid and lasts up to December 2017. Also my membership number hasn't changed.

But, glad *someone* reads my Tweets :)

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #6 on: 06 January, 2017, 06:38:56 pm »
Hmmmm...

It says my email address is not in the early entry list.

That's weird as I am beautiful, no matter what they say.

H

« Reply #7 on: 06 January, 2017, 06:39:35 pm »

I hope not! The AUK web site says my membership is valid and lasts up to December 2017. Also my membership number hasn't changed.

It will be this. AIUI, Delph Cyclist sent the eligibility list over to alwyn on the 1st or 2nd - the LEL team don't have live access to the AUK membership database.

alwyn or Phil W did post here a few days ago suggesting you check your renewal status ...

I'm sure there will be ways to sort it out, but I'm equally sure the team will be busy at present so it may take a little while.

(For Hummers, it's probably personal though ... But check spacing and that it's definitely the address that AUK knows about for membership renewal anyway.) 

« Reply #8 on: 06 January, 2017, 06:45:05 pm »

But, glad *someone* reads my Tweets :)

It will be this. AIUI, Delph Cyclist sent the eligibility list over to alwyn on the 1st or 2nd - the LEL team don't have live access to the AUK membership database.

alwyn or Phil W did post here a few days ago suggesting you check your renewal status ...

I'm sure there will be ways to sort it out, but I'm equally sure the team will be busy at present so it may take a little while.

But I also funded the film and was a volunteer - all of which I thought guarantee my entry (I believe in covering my bases you see :) )

However, I'm sure the team have a lot on their plate, so I'll wait patiently.

Then I'll start to worry, then panic, then despair, then admit defeat, then turn to alcohol, then drugs...

« Reply #9 on: 06 January, 2017, 06:48:16 pm »
No problem here😄

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #10 on: 06 January, 2017, 06:53:05 pm »
I've managed to 'submit my order' successfully, now I need to work out how to pay the entry fee...
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #11 on: 06 January, 2017, 06:58:28 pm »
I think I messed up my transfer by forgetting the order number as a reference.
All the best, Paul.

αdαmsκι

« Reply #12 on: 06 January, 2017, 07:04:17 pm »
Easy peasy lemon squeezy, well once I had found my Order ID on my email. (Hint: it's in red near the bottom of the email, but given as "Order # XXXX".)
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #13 on: 06 January, 2017, 07:05:56 pm »
The LEL payment page doesn't recognise my postcode, I checked the AUK website and my postcode is identical :facepalm:

Any advice?

Graeme

• @fatherhilarious.blog 🦋
    • Graeme's Blog
« Reply #14 on: 06 January, 2017, 07:09:10 pm »
I'm entered! Yay!

However, the postcode was an old postcode, not my current postcode. Carlosfandango, do you have an older postcode to try?

Graeme.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #15 on: 06 January, 2017, 07:12:25 pm »
Glad you're in, yep I triedy old postcode already :(

« Reply #16 on: 06 January, 2017, 07:13:29 pm »
The LEL payment page doesn't recognise my postcode, I checked the AUK website and my postcode is identical :facepalm:

Any advice?
We have the same issue here. I suspect it being a ZIP code and not a postcode may be the issue in our case.

Joth posted a question on facebook, and I'm sure the team will get around to sorting the issues. Given the number of posts on this thread already I suspect they will be busy for a little while....

Emma
California Dreaming

« Reply #17 on: 06 January, 2017, 07:22:07 pm »
I suspect that my lack of IT nounce is at the root of my problem. I followed the link in my email from LEL control. It took me to the LEL entry page where I was asked to add LEL to my basket. I did that and waited, nothing happened. I hit the button again and got a message to say I could not add LEL to my basket again. Should I have got a connection to another page where I needed to enter my details to be checked or was that it ? I was expecting to have to confirm my details which the email told me would be required.

Anybody got any idea what I should do next. (Apart from kicking back and enjoying a beer or two. I'm onto to that)

αdαmsκι

« Reply #18 on: 06 January, 2017, 07:26:00 pm »
I suspect that my lack of IT nounce is at the root of my problem. I followed the link in my email from LEL control. It took me to the LEL entry page where I was asked to add LEL to my basket. I did that and waited, nothing happened. I hit the button again and got a message to say I could not add LEL to my basket again. Should I have got a connection to another page where I needed to enter my details to be checked or was that it ? I was expecting to have to confirm my details which the email told me would be required.

Anybody got any idea what I should do next. (Apart from kicking back and enjoying a beer or two. I'm onto to that)

Hi Andy,

I had to go to a second page to enter my details which I go to by clicking the "View Basket" that appeared in the green box. See this screen shot:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/28028811@N08/32028417041/in/dateposted/

« Reply #19 on: 06 January, 2017, 07:34:44 pm »
Thanks Adam. I'll try again. :thumbsup:

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #20 on: 06 January, 2017, 07:40:08 pm »
GIVE PHIL TIME

. maybe we have overlooked the fact that some AUKs/ guaranteed will have odd post codes etc etc etc

BUT .. this is not like 2013 .. if you meet the criteria .. you have a GUARANTEED place   .. so no panic  .. we have time to get this right.

Roger
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

« Reply #21 on: 06 January, 2017, 07:41:12 pm »

Hi Andy,

I had to go to a second page to enter my details which I go to by clicking the "View Basket" that appeared in the green box. See this screen shot:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/28028811@N08/32028417041/in/dateposted/

View Basket, then Checkout I think.

But I couldn't see the View Basket link from my phone until told it to use the desktop site. (Might be my eyes, of course.)

« Reply #22 on: 06 January, 2017, 07:44:57 pm »
I'm a foreign entrant (US). After entering on the LEL website, I'm provided bank details for alternative LEL accounts in pounds and dollars.

I will use Transferwise to pay. Would LEL prefer me to pay exactly UKP319 into their pounds account (Transferwise calculates and performs the exchange), or for me to pay in dollars into the dollars account (and if so, how much)?

I've no preference - whatever works best for the organization.

« Reply #23 on: 06 January, 2017, 07:56:01 pm »
GIVE PHIL TIME

. maybe we have overlooked the fact that some AUKs/ guaranteed will have odd post codes etc etc etc

BUT .. this is not like 2013 .. if you meet the criteria .. you have a GUARANTEED place   .. so no panic  .. we have time to get this right.

Roger

I'm sorry but I absolutely insist on the right to panic.

« Reply #24 on: 06 January, 2017, 08:06:49 pm »
I found the site kept telling me there was nothing in my basket. After several attempts, being timed out and other problems it all went through successfully. Bank transfer made straight afterwards. It looks like I'm in. Pheww. ;D