Author Topic: [LEL17] LEL Incomplete/Unmatched Entries Thread  (Read 6944 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
[LEL17] LEL Incomplete/Unmatched Entries Thread
« on: 09 January, 2017, 02:05:05 pm »
This thread is an attempt to match up paid but unconfirmed entries and payments lacking personal details.

If FB has payments or
you have concerns, post here, please.

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
Re: LEL Incomplete/Unmatched Entries Thread
« Reply #1 on: 09 January, 2017, 02:21:38 pm »
Thx Helen .. had not thought of trying here .. so copy of my FB queries outstanding

Can you solve my outstanding problems.. the text below is ALL I know from our bank

TRANSFERWISE LTD SORTCODE 309617 43104453297896000N 500000 10 23DEC16 10:44  .... SOLVED

and

LEL BALANCE DEP  £219 

Both are for £219 .. so they must be balance payments on the first 400 places
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #2 on: 09 January, 2017, 02:24:41 pm »
Careful not to start asking about YOUR payment .. I update our £ account every morning .. and then Danial ( work permitting ) will send confirmation the next morning.. so cash in on Day 1 , updated on Day 2 .. might well not be confirmed to you until Day 3 or even later.

Currency accounts are slower as I have no internet access to these accounts.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3 on: 09 January, 2017, 02:36:03 pm »
I did a search on sort code 309617 and got Lloyds Norwich Gentlemans Walk

http://findsortcodes.co.uk/sortcode/309617

Don't know if that makes you more clueful.

I may have too much time in front of my laptop...

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #4 on: 09 January, 2017, 03:20:26 pm »
Clearly you do .. that is the destination account .. ie our LEL2017 account ..here in Norwich .. I live just outside Norwich

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #5 on: 11 January, 2017, 12:50:06 pm »
Problem .. who is Anne-Berit or who might she be paying for?
who is Anant Pandit Torad .. in the first 400 .. any offers ?
and how about Manulife Ba     ... now guessed to be Manulife Bank of Canada
and now Niels Chris

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #6 on: 11 January, 2017, 03:03:48 pm »
helly .. I think it is better unpinned .. I am quite happy to bump it when needed .. like now., and shout HELP PLEASE etc

Roger

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #7 on: 12 January, 2017, 11:11:43 am »
HELP PLEASE

Any ideas to try to work out who these payments are from is appreciated

Problem .. who is Anne-Berit or who might she be paying for?  SOLVED
and how about Manulife Ba     ... now guessed to be Manulife Bank of Canada..   TRYING THE ONLY OUTSTANDING CANADIAN RIDERS
and now Niels Chris
    SOLVED

Gus

• Loosing weight stone by stone
    • We will return
« Reply #8 on: 12 January, 2017, 12:46:57 pm »
Anne-Berit is most likely a norwegian entry , hope it can narrow the search

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #9 on: 12 January, 2017, 01:31:49 pm »
Thx Gus .. I am hunting down the Canadian query .. as there are only 2 unpaid Canadian riders .. I will now check on Norwegian for Anne-Berit.. fingers crossed,....

..  and she is solved !!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #10 on: 12 January, 2017, 04:08:54 pm »
Is Anant Pandi Torad from India?

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #11 on: 12 January, 2017, 09:18:03 pm »
none of those 3 names searched for  by 3 letters, or longer, as far as I can judge,  fit any of our recorded entrants who have not yet paid  -- so this one has me beat at the moment.

sadly I have about another 3 to 5 where i  do not have  a clue    i.e.  a Deposit on 16th Dec for £219 .. so one of the first 400 .. and a deposit is almost certain to be a UK based person who went into a bank and filled in a credit slip .. but no information is recorded on the  documentation at our end  other than LEL DEPOSIT.  When w e are still chasing for payment and threatening to cancel the place .. then I guess they will scream .. BUT I HAVE PAID AGES AGO.

Transferwise is also dangerous .. I have several payments with no information .. and I have tried back tracking thru Lloyds but they have nothing extra .. I am not prepared to approach Transferwise myself .. as I envisage considerable difficulty .. proving why i am asking and even then they might not have the info. It is staggering how incompetent people are at providing key information.

And I also get useless info ..i.e.  I do not want your AUK number .. it is  not what you are asked to provide and just gives me extra work to crack .. out of about 700 who have paid so far ,.. there must 25 who have created extra work to a greater or lesser degree.

« Reply #12 on: 14 January, 2017, 06:53:26 am »
96.4% have successfully read and followed the instructions? That's pretty amazing!

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #13 on: 14 January, 2017, 12:21:09 pm »
HELP PLEASE

[

Solved this one      . he is

ANANT PANDIT TORAD MANOHAR TANPURE

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #14 on: 14 January, 2017, 03:36:45 pm »
96.4% have successfully read and followed the instructions? That's pretty amazing!

I can tell you it does not feel like that .. everyday there are a bunch of suspect ones that have to be worked on to solve .. rather than....  that is  XXXX paid .. or even that is  Smith or Jones paid. Too many enter the entry system with a particular name pattern .. which is not the one that is part of their bank transfer detail  and then when they leave their order number out .. then it gets difficult or even verging on impossible. Add in all those who get their partner, with a totally different name,  to pay .. payments to wrong bank account etc etc .. the ways that you lot find for generating work is quite surprising.

Phil W

« Reply #15 on: 14 January, 2017, 03:50:45 pm »
Those 3-4% generate 96% of the work

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #16 on: 14 January, 2017, 10:26:40 pm »
there are also 2 entrants who have chosen to ignore the online system .. so their cheques have to be taken to the bank .. but curiously I can enter all their details easily onto the system .. were they just incompetent or deliberate Luddites . Did they have any idea how much extra work this generates ..  my time  , parking fees etc .

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #17 on: 14 January, 2017, 10:36:42 pm »
Some people just don't/won't do internet banking. My Dad doesn't trust it and is happy with email etc at 86.

Cheques have the advantage of a legibly printed name printed on them.

Sympathy and thanks for all the work you're putting in!

« Reply #18 on: 16 January, 2017, 05:26:35 pm »
Maybe they and other offenders are reading this.. No names of course but you know who you are... out you come  to sit on the naughty step!

Phil W

« Reply #19 on: 16 January, 2017, 06:03:22 pm »
there are also 2 entrants who have chosen to ignore the online system .. so their cheques have to be taken to the bank .. but curiously I can enter all their details easily onto the system .. were they just incompetent or deliberate Luddites . Did they have any idea how much extra work this generates ..  my time  , parking fees etc .

Are you saying they didn't even bother with the online entry on the Website, which meant you doing it on their behalf?

Fidgetbuzz

« Reply #20 on: 16 January, 2017, 09:01:01 pm »

Are you saying they didn't even bother with the online entry on the Website, which meant you doing it on their behalf?

YES

Phil W

« Reply #21 on: 16 January, 2017, 09:25:23 pm »

YES

Sounds like deliberate ludditeness then since they must have email addresses and use the auk entry system quite regularly to enter auk events if going for LEL. Shame they don't consider the extra work and time their behaviour causes.

redfalo

• known as Olaf in the real world
    • Cycling Intelligence
« Reply #22 on: 16 January, 2017, 09:46:31 pm »

YES

Roger, beware. they will probably ask you to ride their bikes for them, too.
If you can't convince, confuse.

https://cycling-intelligence.com/ - my blog on cycling, long distances and short ones

« Reply #23 on: 16 January, 2017, 11:46:00 pm »

YES

Oooh. I hadn't realised that was an option.

Phil W

« Reply #24 on: 17 January, 2017, 12:01:58 am »

YES

Oooh. I hadn't realised that was an option.

Stop it, you lot!