Author Topic: Wanted - folder for extended trip to NZ  (Read 5989 times)

Re: Wanted - folder for extended trip to NZ
« Reply #25 on: 17 September, 2020, 10:42:03 am »
 :o
I wan't one of those. How does it ride?

stefan

• aka martin
« Reply #26 on: 17 September, 2020, 04:43:27 pm »
:o
I wan't one of those. How does it ride?

I'm just back from my first ride on it - a flattish (as they all are around here) 75km. It's absolutely lovely! There's a slight flex to the titanium beam which smooths things out (and encourages a smooth pedalling stye to avoid any bobbing). A bit of road vibration from the front end tells you you're on high pressure small tyres - I need to play with the pressures - but it's not excessive by any means. Handling is a bit tighter than a standard road bike but not as skittish as a Brompton. It's quick - not as quick as my Giant TCR but a hell of a lot quicker than the Brommie, and a lot more comfortable.

I took a bit of a punt on the fit because these are made to measure with very little adjustment but Rod, who I bought it from, is the same height as me and luckily it works really well. The position is slightly more stretched out than my road bike but not overly so and I think will be perfectly manageable on a long ride.

It's in pretty much perfect condition too.

A bit more detail here - https://www.strava.com/activities/4072984922/overview
Member no. 152 of La Société Adrian Hands

stefan

• aka martin
« Reply #27 on: 17 October, 2020, 06:45:53 am »
Here’s the Air Friday in quarantine mode in NZ, attached to the Feedback Sports Omnium portable trainer. It’s a bit of a lifesaver to have it here - we are very limited in what we can do for our two weeks in managed isolation. Just had my supper delivered by a uniformed soldier which is quite definitely not normal for room service!

F3037DFA-D7F1-4B68-BDDB-974060A024EA by Martin Stefan, on Flickr
Member no. 152 of La Société Adrian Hands