Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 595138 times)

Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #1400 on: 03 August, 2011, 09:54:24 pm »
Today I was riding in the Normandy Alps on the Semaine federale and spotted/chatted to/rode with Tugo, Campagman, Madcow and Mr and Mrs Ernst on their tandem. A fantastic days riding in the most lovely terrain.

« Reply #1401 on: 03 August, 2011, 10:40:08 pm »
Today I was riding in the Normandy Alps on the Semaine federale and spotted/chatted to/rode with Tugo, Campagman, Madcow and Mr and Mrs Ernst on their tandem. A fantastic days riding in the most lovely terrain.

Please say hello to the ones that I know, even Mr L.

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #1402 on: 04 August, 2011, 01:26:44 pm »
Saw LMM yesterday and rode with her between Lombard Road and Lambeth Bridge along the good (and bad) bits of CS8; a pleasant start to the day!

« Reply #1403 on: 04 August, 2011, 01:50:49 pm »
Saw Yahuda Moon taking pictures near the start of the Dark Peak Grimpeur yesterday.

Nice to see you again John !

jellied

• skip to the end
    • Ealing Bike Hub
« Reply #1404 on: 05 August, 2011, 12:06:41 pm »
A hellymedic in that London Cyclist magazine.

Also my good self presenting a bottle of something to the lesser spotted joftek for being the fastest spanner in the west.
A shitter and a giggler.

« Reply #1405 on: 05 August, 2011, 12:10:00 pm »
I saw one of your skyride mates this weekend, he mentioned you but neither of us could remember your IRL name, and I wasn't going to bandy about your forum name, LOL!
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1406 on: 05 August, 2011, 12:55:45 pm »
A hellymedic in that London Cyclist magazine.

Also my good self presenting a bottle of something to the lesser spotted joftek for being the fastest spanner in the west.

Seen those.

And our Ariadne in Camping magazine :)

Also spotted (and caught :o ) Origamist on CS7 this morning.  Mind you, he was hindered by gears, and I had Butterfly to help me :)
Getting there...

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1407 on: 05 August, 2011, 01:02:51 pm »
Jane, of this parish, in the CrinklyDen last night looking remarkably perky after the best part of 80 miles through the flatlands. Then again this morning (when she managed to avoid being Cub-woken by getting up before either of them!) before we sent her on her way, suitably dined, wined, electrically-charged-up and laundered and armed with a st clements cake to fuel her up the hills to come.

« Reply #1408 on: 05 August, 2011, 08:53:44 pm »
First forumite spot in a while. Riding home from work this evening down Eckington Way in Sheffield and espied a purple clad forumite going the other way on the bike path.

Alas I failed to identify myself as a fellow forumist so if that was you then the other person was me. Good to know I'm not alone in this little microcosm of East Sheff.

« Reply #1409 on: 06 August, 2011, 12:17:34 am »
That'll be pdm I think.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #1410 on: 06 August, 2011, 07:41:49 pm »
This afternoon at the end of a ride where we had already see one recumbent, came across Cycleman on a bridge near Eton. Had a really good chat, he did his best to persuade me and my mate Graham to come out on one of his camping trips !

Get a bicycle.  You will not regret it if you live  ~Mark Twain

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #1411 on: 07 August, 2011, 07:48:32 am »
Where do I start?

This weekend I have seen:
Clarion and butterfly (they are still camped out in our back garden)
CrinklyLion
LindaG
Crusty
Interzen
Torslanda
Deano

All getting merry at a party, photos to follow :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #1412 on: 07 August, 2011, 10:12:09 am »
i hope i will succeed in that quest  ;). it was great to meet you and see the southern greenspeed tandem r trike in it's natural element  :thumbsup:   
the slower you go the more you see

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #1413 on: 07 August, 2011, 02:11:26 pm »
Oh dear! I haven't drunk that much for quite some time. I hope I didn't do anything too embarassing!

Great to meet and talk to all those nice people. Excellent party and company. I'll leave it to Phil to tell the story later.
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #1414 on: 07 August, 2011, 02:49:47 pm »
Fab to meet you :D

Clarion says you didn't embarrass yourself except for the stripping off and dancing naked and copping off with the barman...

Great to meet Mrs Torslanda, I was disappointed that she left her breastplate and horned helmet at home :(.

Also fab to meet Lindagordinho and Crusty and Interzen and to re-meet Crinkly and Deano :D
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #1415 on: 07 August, 2011, 02:51:55 pm »
Bloody hell, tiermat, you were up early.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #1416 on: 07 August, 2011, 03:34:34 pm »
No signs of life when we drove past around 9:45. Thought maybe you had a bit of a thick head so we left you to it and drove home. . .
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #1417 on: 07 August, 2011, 04:16:53 pm »
He might have been just getting to bed.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #1418 on: 07 August, 2011, 06:30:49 pm »
Nah, I woz up, 7:00 I got out of bed, by 9:45 all apart from Mrs T was up.

Although I was back asleep by 15:00, only got back up because we were going to the FiL's for dinner.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

thelazycyclist

• where's crusty?
    • thelazycyclist
« Reply #1419 on: 07 August, 2011, 08:16:13 pm »
How come I had a couple of pints of shandy and I've been hung over all day, and Tiermat was up with the dawn patrol seemingly unaffected? 

If I'd drunk as much as I believe you may have done tiermat, I'd have been on a life support machine for about a week.
The friendly landlord helped us put our bikes into his very big shed.  Very carefully we did not fall into the acid bath which was there.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #1420 on: 07 August, 2011, 08:18:46 pm »
How come I had a couple of pints of shandy and I've been hung over all day, and Tiermat was up with the dawn patrol seemingly unaffected? 

If I'd drunk as much as I believe you may have done tiermat, I'd have been on a life support machine for about a week.
Blimey, I was totally alcohol-free1 all night and didn't manage to crawl out of bed until 11am (and then crawled back into it again after SWMBO went home). Having said that, one of the guys I used to hang out with at university was teetotal and I swear that after a good night out he'd have a worse hangover than any of us.

Cue much discussion about the dangers of 'passive drinking' :)

1 - although the sugar-rush I got from the White Russian cake made me feel like I'd been hit by a train!

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #1421 on: 08 August, 2011, 11:24:13 am »
First forumite spot in a while. Riding home from work this evening down Eckington Way in Sheffield and espied a purple clad forumite going the other way on the bike path.

Alas I failed to identify myself as a fellow forumist so if that was you then the other person was me. Good to know I'm not alone in this little microcosm of East Sheff.

Hey that was me! My first time being spotted  :D

I was just on my way home and I don't usually see any other cyclists, so I remember seeing you going down the hill.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1422 on: 08 August, 2011, 12:32:41 pm »
I got spotted (I think!) when I was outside Brixton Cycles on Thursday (IIRC) evening about six.

Someone called out and was waving as they went past. 

Either they recognised me

or they were waving a fist at me

Or both.
Getting there...

« Reply #1423 on: 08 August, 2011, 07:02:51 pm »

Hey that was me! My first time being spotted  :D

I was just on my way home and I don't usually see any other cyclists, so I remember seeing you going down the hill.

We should celebrate such a momentous occasion by meeting up for a beer.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1424 on: 08 August, 2011, 09:10:25 pm »
Gordy, in the CrinklyDen, eating soup and jacket spuds. The Cubs, in a fairly impressive display of teamwork with no real supervision, had tidied and hoovered the living room and made an apricot bread and butter pudding in preparation.

I just realised,  I forgot to give him his takeaway cake.