Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 595155 times)

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #1425 on: 11 August, 2011, 12:18:33 am »
Me, on University Challenge, on September 5th. 
They didn't ask any cycling questions so those of you who don't know me will have to snoop and/or guess.

« Reply #1426 on: 11 August, 2011, 09:42:41 am »
Greenbank this morning along Millbank, training hard for PBP  :)
We lost each other at the hideousness that is currently Bridge Street. Can't wait until those roadworks are finished.

« Reply #1427 on: 11 August, 2011, 09:47:06 am »
And, last night, Parkysouthlondon, who is also PBP-bound.

« Reply #1428 on: 11 August, 2011, 12:26:32 pm »
Good to see you this morning LMM.

I disappeared up the outside of the traffic on Bridge St as I was going straight on over Westminster Bridge. Off to Condor this afternoon as they rang to tell me my bike is ready. Woohoo.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #1429 on: 12 August, 2011, 03:35:27 am »
I think I spotted Tewdric on the local news yesterday evening :)

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #1430 on: 12 August, 2011, 11:39:03 am »

Up in court for looting?   ;)
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #1431 on: 12 August, 2011, 11:01:26 pm »

Up in court for looting?   ;)

Reg, you do know you're going straight to hell, don't you?  ;D
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #1432 on: 13 August, 2011, 07:02:02 pm »
Located A Warwickshire Lad sitting outside a pub in Long Itchington this afternoon.   Great to see you again and thanks very much  :thumbsup:

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #1433 on: 15 August, 2011, 03:01:30 pm »
Clarion, Butterfly & the lad stranded at Didcot Parkway station as there was only space for two out of their three bikes on the train. Poor buggers, stranded at Didcot.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

« Reply #1434 on: 15 August, 2011, 06:34:34 pm »
Clarion, Butterfly & the lad stranded at Didcot Parkway station as there was only space for two out of their three bikes on the train. Poor buggers, stranded at Didcot.
Fortunately not for long, we caught the next train with no problems :)

Good to see you, if only very briefly! 8)
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #1435 on: 16 August, 2011, 03:06:46 pm »
LMM leading a veritable peloton through Battersea park this morning!

« Reply #1436 on: 16 August, 2011, 03:52:30 pm »

I didn't see you! Did you spot my new bike? That was this weekend's excitement  :thumbsup:

« Reply #1437 on: 16 August, 2011, 10:25:47 pm »
Go on, what have you got?

It took me a moment to clock you. Usually we meet at the lights and I have a chance to at least say hello, this time i think the closing speed was in excess of 50kph, so not much chance to take anything in.
Some very funny faces behind you though. One guy was really doing all he could just to hang onto the tail end of the bunch drafting you.
Were you aware they were there?

« Reply #1438 on: 16 August, 2011, 10:37:16 pm »
Heh. I didn't really notice anyone drafting. Too busy trying to work out which gear I'm comfortable in - I went all Campag on my new Condor Bivio-X (2010 frame which is nicer than the current crop and at a discount, too) and I'm not sure the compact double has got gears in the right place for my comfort zone. My legs are feeling the workout...

(For those that gave me good advice on bike choice, I looked into the Alfine 11 option for the Condor frame but it was going to work out too pricey with the Versa shifters I'd need in order to avoid bar end shifters.  And I wanted the Condor frame because it has carbon forks and seat stays, where the Genesis doesn't. So I thought I'd live a little and try Campag instead of the Shimano I've got on my other bike. The jury's out, other than for looks, which it beats Shimano hands down on. Pics to follow when I finally replace the camera that was nicked at the same time as my Tempo.)

fuzzy

« Reply #1439 on: 16 August, 2011, 11:06:14 pm »
Will anyone be in/ around Battersea Park tomorrow lunchtimeish, if so, keep em peeld for a bloke with grey hair, a top bird with dark hair and an elderly lady with a headscarf, probably a green mac and either green wellis or pink crocs.

SWMBO and I will be meeting Aunt Brenda for a walk round the park.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #1440 on: 17 August, 2011, 08:30:56 am »
Does Aunt Brenda still brandish her broom?
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #1441 on: 17 August, 2011, 10:28:47 pm »
In order of spotting, an EldestCub, a CrinklyLion and a CrinklyAuntie, heading through St Nicks on their way to a hill climbing adventure.

Shortly afterwards, I was stung by a wasp, but the two events are not connected.
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

« Reply #1442 on: 17 August, 2011, 10:34:07 pm »
Crinkley L does hills?
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1443 on: 17 August, 2011, 11:00:13 pm »
No such thing as hills. Optical illusions. Figments of your imagination.

We did indeed spot an Arch as we were setting off for what turned out to be a 43 mile adventure, including fish and chips, 2 chocolate and fizzy pop stops, an ascent of the Alpe de Givendale (followed by the rather lovely descent of Grimthorpe), jam butties at granny's house, a comedy off road section and a visit to a play park. No wasp stings, thankfully.

fuzzy

« Reply #1444 on: 17 August, 2011, 11:25:43 pm »
Does Aunt Brenda still brandish her broom?

Not in public ;D Apparently she is to be an honoured guest at Debenhams reopening after the repair work :thumbsup:

The lunchtime walk around Battersea Park got postponed. Aunt Brenda decided we should walk to Clapham Junction to see the messages written on the bording up done at the various shops. We had a look at Debenhams and I must say it is quite encouraging to see the little notes and messages of condemnation of the looters and support for the community.

fuzzy

« Reply #1445 on: 17 August, 2011, 11:26:56 pm »
Was there a Woolypigs doing some training for a small group of young adults at a centre between Battersea and Clapham Junction today? If so, I saw him.

« Reply #1446 on: 18 August, 2011, 09:46:22 am »

I didn't see you! Did you spot my new bike? That was this weekend's excitement  :thumbsup:

Brilliant  :thumbsup:

"Never mind me, what about the bike ?"  ;D

« Reply #1447 on: 19 August, 2011, 05:55:21 pm »
Andrij, making good progress east along the Commercial Road late a bit past 11pm last night.  I yelled, but I don't think he heard. 

« Reply #1448 on: 19 August, 2011, 06:07:20 pm »
Spotted several YACFers today, simonp, Jo, Lotum, Redlight, and AndyC in the hotel, and IanH riding around St Quintin while we were doing a rece ride of the PBP start this afternoon.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1449 on: 19 August, 2011, 07:06:47 pm »
Andrij, making good progress east along the Commercial Road late a bit past 11pm last night.  I yelled, but I don't think he heard.

Sorry, didn't hear you. :(  Then again, I was rather focused on getting home - was on my way back from a football match in Fulham.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup: