Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 595099 times)

Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #1500 on: 21 September, 2011, 07:03:31 am »
A Hilldodger...

...on the National tellyvision !  :o :o :o

Look out for him Penny Farthing-ing again at 7.50 and 8.50 on BBC Breakfast time.  :D
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

fuzzy

« Reply #1501 on: 21 September, 2011, 10:05:11 am »
A Jaded.
On the telly. (National Geographic channel)  Hope it didn't bring back too many painful memories.

On behalf of the rest of my profession, I offer heartfelt apologies for the systemic failings of the post-privatisation rail industry.  I was going to say we've learnt from our mistakes, but then I get an email requesting me to investigate this:
clicky

A crossing with history I believe.

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #1502 on: 21 September, 2011, 05:57:12 pm »
Whom did I see powering a recumbent along Shooters Hill road, at  about  5:30 pm?

Nobody, of course. Recumbents don't get spotted as they are invisible
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

« Reply #1503 on: 21 September, 2011, 05:59:23 pm »
I think on last Thursday or Friday at 5-ish I saw a behelmeted forummer with an orange YACF jersey on a beige On One frame cycling down Uxbridge Road towards Shepherds Bush. Who would that be?

« Reply #1504 on: 21 September, 2011, 06:02:17 pm »
That would be myself! <waves belatedly>

edit: Special gold star as that is the first time I have been spied, despite the cris-crossing I do of London. Which way were you heading?

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #1505 on: 22 September, 2011, 12:03:59 am »
This evening, around 6:30pm, I was spotted by Jurek just as I approached the bottom of Forest Hill.  Nice to see you and sorry I couldn't stay for a longer chat, but I had to be in Chiswick by 7:30.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

« Reply #1506 on: 22 September, 2011, 08:51:26 am »
This evening, around 6:30pm, I was spotted by Jurek just as I approached the bottom of Forest Hill.  Nice to see you and sorry I couldn't stay for a longer chat, but I had to be in Chiswick by 7:30.

Scalped at speed, I was  :thumbsup:

« Reply #1507 on: 22 September, 2011, 05:33:57 pm »
A Hilldodger...

...on the National tellyvision !  :o :o :o

Look out for him Penny Farthing-ing again at 7.50 and 8.50 on BBC Breakfast time.  :D
Not available on iPlayer!
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #1508 on: 22 September, 2011, 06:50:02 pm »
Wowbagger, in the company (briefly!) of Alex Dowsett of Sky ProCycling.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #1509 on: 22 September, 2011, 06:54:06 pm »
That would be myself! <waves belatedly>

edit: Special gold star as that is the first time I have been spied, despite the cris-crossing I do of London. Which way were you heading?

I was on the pavement exiting a local shop with a bag of chicken...

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #1510 on: 22 September, 2011, 08:09:05 pm »
A Jaded.
On the telly. (National Geographic channel)  Hope it didn't bring back too many painful memories.

On behalf of the rest of my profession, I offer heartfelt apologies for the systemic failings of the post-privatisation rail industry.  I was going to say we've learnt from our mistakes, but then I get an email requesting me to investigate this:
clicky

rower40, many thanks.

fuzzy - I still remember getting the phone call from a fellow survivor saying "there's been another one".
It is simpler than it looks.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1511 on: 22 September, 2011, 08:10:21 pm »
Wowbagger, in the company (briefly!) of Alex Dowsett of Sky ProCycling.

That one needs explaining, I think ;D
Getting there...

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #1512 on: 22 September, 2011, 09:14:05 pm »
Well I knew Alex Dowsett was cycling to Danbury today from Braintree via his Twitter feed, and had mentioned so to Wowbagger.

We were on a minor road some way past Danbury, deviating from our planned route due to the siren call of food, and I saw a bunch of six cyclists coming the other way, very fast. Lo and behold Mr Dowsett was at the back, so I shouted "Hi Alex!" and they waved back.

For one very, very short moment both Wow and Alex Dowsett were in my field of vision.

Afterwards I explained who the UK Time Trial champion was to Wow...
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1513 on: 22 September, 2011, 09:25:21 pm »
So let me get this right.  You & Wow were overtaking Alex Dowsett... ;D
Getting there...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #1514 on: 23 September, 2011, 09:54:46 am »
In a "we are going in the opposite direction" kind of way.

I just saw a blur of about half a dozen blokes on bikes. At the time I didn't think they were going that quickly as they were rounding a bend and chatting amongst themselves. I think I bade them good morning, which was wrong because it was well after noon. At least one of them returned the compliment.

I think the encounter occurred here.

Edit: and I saw Auntie Helen and a group of blokes, one of whom, apparently, was Alex Dowsett.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #1515 on: 23 September, 2011, 10:36:46 am »
"Overtaking in the opposite direction".  I'll have to remember that one ;)

fuzzy

« Reply #1516 on: 23 September, 2011, 11:17:45 am »
A Jaded.

clicky

rower40, many thanks.

fuzzy - I still remember getting the phone call from a fellow survivor saying "there's been another one".

An incident that I had no involvement in thankfully.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #1517 on: 23 September, 2011, 11:18:58 am »
"Overtaking in the opposite direction".  I'll have to remember that one ;)

As in: "Sitting pretty, in an ugly kind of way" (John Martyn)
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

« Reply #1518 on: 23 September, 2011, 07:30:01 pm »
Riggers, have you been up to North Suffolk/South Norfolk?

A gent, sensible bike, sensible clothes, beret & pipe this evening.

I was pretending to TT otherwise I would've stopped and passed the time of day. And he would probably have denied being you, what with you being down south n all.

billplumtree

• Plumbing the well of gitness
« Reply #1519 on: 24 September, 2011, 07:00:04 am »
A shyumu, at 2.30 this morning in Kirkby Lonsdale, on his C2C2C.  He seemed very relaxed and fresh after 100 miles, if a little lonely having ridden through the night on his own.

We rode from there to Arnside (2 the C), then I caffeinated and carbed him and sent him on his way back 2 the other C with strict instructions to enjoy the daylight and tailwind.

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #1520 on: 24 September, 2011, 08:00:15 am »
... then I caffeinated and carbed him and sent him on his way back ...
Is that 2 of the C2C2Cs?  :D
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

« Reply #1521 on: 25 September, 2011, 07:39:02 pm »
i recognised butterfly and clarion plus 1 going west on Lambert Road this afternoon, hi

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1522 on: 25 September, 2011, 09:25:14 pm »
Yes, that would have been us.  Just on our way back from Herne Hill.  The third cyclist on the fixed was TGL.  I had a rose in the pannier with a bunch of foliage across my saddlebag. ;D

We're puzzled, because we didn't spot you.  Should have given a shout! :D
Getting there...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1523 on: 26 September, 2011, 09:39:48 pm »
I spotted Speshact this evening, just out of the corner of my eye as he was waiting to cross the A3 near Walworth Road junction.  I did at least get to say 'Ay up!', but I'm not sure if he knew who it was.
Getting there...

« Reply #1524 on: 27 September, 2011, 10:03:29 pm »
Bikey mikey this afternoon by the Beefeater pub roundabout in Emersons Green.