Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 596477 times)

Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #1550 on: 06 October, 2011, 12:24:31 pm »
You know what they call crepes down under? Pikelets.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #1551 on: 06 October, 2011, 02:10:27 pm »
Not strictly speaking a forumite (unless he lurks quietly), but known to many on here, Sergeant Titus Halliwell of the Met's Cycle Task Force, in full cycling policeman gear (which I'd never seen him in before!) going along Pelham Street in the opposite direction to me, both of us trying to get around the traffic being caused by someone with a couple of vans parked very un-usefully.  He stopped briefly to chat, not realising that I work in South Ken, so surprised to see me around there!
I like men in uniform - is he dishy? He has a cool name!
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #1552 on: 06 October, 2011, 02:32:20 pm »
I never see another yacfer on my commute. I feel very left out given that I live in London.
Rust never sleeps

RJ

• Droll rat
« Reply #1553 on: 06 October, 2011, 02:56:28 pm »
You know what they call crepes down under? Pikelets.

I thought a pikelet was an unconstrained crumpet.  So to speak.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1554 on: 06 October, 2011, 04:49:41 pm »
Pie-clate!  People here are so illiterate! ::-)

A pikelet is a small fish or a miniature mediaeval weapon.
Getting there...

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #1555 on: 06 October, 2011, 05:49:58 pm »
I noticed mention of The Stolen Crepe was absent from accounts of the evening.  I now know about you Essex pikeys! ;D

Be grateful he used a knife and fork.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #1556 on: 06 October, 2011, 05:51:35 pm »
I noticed mention of The Stolen Crepe was absent from accounts of the evening.  I now know about you Essex pikeys! ;D

Be grateful he used a knife and fork.

Some of us folk from Essex can be quite civilised  ;D

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #1557 on: 06 October, 2011, 08:06:50 pm »
I never see another yacfer on my commute. I feel very left out given that I live in London.

Same here.  The only forumite I have encountered more than once is Rob, although I have been briefly acquainted with Andrij and ZigZag.  And that's despite wearing a YACF or Audaxing top most days.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1558 on: 06 October, 2011, 08:20:26 pm »

Same here.  The only forumite I have encountered more than once is Rob, although I have been briefly acquainted with Andrij and ZigZag.  And that's despite wearing a YACF or Audaxing top most days.

I keep looking.  AFAICT our respective routes home share no more than 1/2km, so I'm not surprised we haven't seen each other again.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #1559 on: 06 October, 2011, 08:49:15 pm »
I like men in uniform - is he dishy? He has a cool name!

I couldn't comment on whether he's dishy or not, he's the wrong gender for me, you'll have to make your own mind up!

There's a picture here on Charlotte's blog, from the story on getting their bikes back after they were stolen from the Seekrit Bunker.
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #1560 on: 06 October, 2011, 11:00:58 pm »

I thought you saw me at least once, unless I'm Confused.com on who you/your username used to be.
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1561 on: 07 October, 2011, 09:25:15 am »
This morning, I saw Origamist.

Well, that blur looked like Origamist.  But he was on a white bike with gears :o :o :o
Getting there...

« Reply #1562 on: 07 October, 2011, 12:06:55 pm »
Hi Clarion,

I was giving the 90s vintage Peugeot a spin:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16114972@N00/6191663866/

fuzzy

« Reply #1563 on: 07 October, 2011, 12:52:47 pm »
That is a very pretty looking bike Origamist :thumbsup:

« Reply #1564 on: 07 October, 2011, 12:59:54 pm »
+1    very very nice

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #1565 on: 07 October, 2011, 01:39:08 pm »

You're in Lewisham area, right? In the mornings do you go southwards on the A21 riding a silver-ish single speed / fixed, sometimes wearing a 2011 PBP top and sans-magic hat?
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1566 on: 07 October, 2011, 01:39:51 pm »

Looks even better when it's moving.

A really nice bike.
Getting there...

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #1567 on: 07 October, 2011, 06:10:32 pm »

You're in Lewisham area, right? In the mornings do you go southwards on the A21 riding a silver-ish single speed / fixed, sometimes wearing a 2011 PBP top and sans-magic hat?

Part right - I do live in Lewisham and ride a (tatty brown) fixed without a magic hat and occasionally in one or other PBP jersey, but in the mornings I'm heading into the City so I usually join the A20 at Lee and then go through either New Cross or Deptford depending on my mood.

Wendy - I think we met on the Hell of the Ashdown a couple of year back but, despite keeping my eyes peeled, I've yet to see you on the commute. 

Andrij - not too surprising we haven't met again as I go that way only every now and again.  Most days I go over London Bridge
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

« Reply #1568 on: 07 October, 2011, 06:37:37 pm »
Wendy - I think we met on the Hell of the Ashdown a couple of year back but, despite keeping my eyes peeled, I've yet to see you on the commute. 

Ah, yes, I remember you mentioning you saw me one Saturday next to the airport.  It was on my commute anyway, as I was off to work.
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #1569 on: 07 October, 2011, 07:23:31 pm »
Part right - I do live in Lewisham and ride a (tatty brown) fixed without a magic hat and occasionally in one or other PBP jersey, but in the mornings I'm heading into the City so I usually join the A20 at Lee and then go through either New Cross or Deptford depending on my mood.

Hmm. So it's another PBP Ancien (or at least owner of a PBP top) who I've seen heading southwards on the A21 between the Catford Homebase and Ladywell. ???
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1570 on: 08 October, 2011, 02:35:24 pm »
Today I saw Gordy & Mrs. Gordy. :thumbsup:

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1571 on: 09 October, 2011, 02:49:23 am »
a kim and a barakta :)

« Reply #1572 on: 09 October, 2011, 05:33:28 pm »
A Kim, a LindaG and a Crusty at Morrisons in Malton, was lovely to meet you all. Shame we didnt bump into each other further on, although I did spot Kim coming up to Ampleforth as I was leaving.  Had to scoot home at the end fairly sharpish as have plans tonight.  We'll definitely have to see about Kildale though.

I also saw Mr Bunbury coming out of Wiggington as I was riding in. He ignored me though! ;D

jimbhoy

« Reply #1573 on: 09 October, 2011, 06:40:27 pm »
Today i saw Roberto out with his club just outside Helensburgh.

« Reply #1574 on: 09 October, 2011, 06:44:45 pm »
I also saw Mr Bunbury coming out of Wiggington as I was riding in. He ignored me though! ;D

That's because you don't exist.