Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 596472 times)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #1650 on: 17 November, 2011, 12:37:24 pm »
Hellymedic at that there London Cycling Campaign AGM.
and speshact and Philip Benstead...

jellied

• skip to the end
    • Ealing Bike Hub
« Reply #1651 on: 17 November, 2011, 12:59:04 pm »

Indeed - an AGM would not be the same without the Benstead.
A shitter and a giggler.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1652 on: 17 November, 2011, 01:24:17 pm »

Indeed - an AGM would not be the same without the Benstead.

I think I've been in four such meetings in the past fortnight <please find me a yawn smiley>

« Reply #1653 on: 18 November, 2011, 07:46:54 pm »
Her Welshness & Redlight, and lots of candles.......

At the Bow killing fields.

If you haven't yet, write to the Mayor http://lcc.org.uk/articles/please-take-20-seconds-to-tell-the-mayor-of-london-cyclists-need-a-safe-bow-roundabout

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #1654 on: 18 November, 2011, 09:06:21 pm »
Nice to meet you both, although I wish it had been under different circumstances.  Her Welshness and I, together with John from Lewisham Cyclists, rode back home via the Greenwich tunnel and an intriguing back street route that HW took us down, involving a kind of cycling "It's a Knockout" route over a footbridge. Sorry to hear that she got a flat just after I peeled off for home.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1655 on: 18 November, 2011, 09:13:34 pm »
A Crinkly Lion & two cubs in my lounge :thumbsup:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1656 on: 18 November, 2011, 09:20:23 pm »
A Crinkly Lion & two cubs in my lounge :thumbsup:

They brought CAKE, didn't they?

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1657 on: 18 November, 2011, 09:43:34 pm »
Bringing cake to jogler-ville was mutually agreed as like taking coals to Newcastle so CL was cakelessintransit.

No problem:there's plenty in stock :thumbsup:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1658 on: 18 November, 2011, 10:25:21 pm »
 :o

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #1659 on: 18 November, 2011, 10:59:22 pm »
:o
You haven't been at chez Joger's have you?
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #1660 on: 19 November, 2011, 04:02:20 pm »
CrazyEnglishTriathlete and two CETlets near Stratfield Saye.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1661 on: 19 November, 2011, 09:26:10 pm »
Spotted Gordy earlier this evening...at Gordy's Ponderosa :)

Gandalf

• Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty
« Reply #1662 on: 20 November, 2011, 03:48:21 pm »
I spotted someone on the A217 on Monday morning (about ten past 7, by the Sutton Life Centre), wearing an orange yacf top. I've no idea who it was though!

Emma

That would have definitely been me.  I live very nearby.

« Reply #1663 on: 20 November, 2011, 06:10:59 pm »
I'd ridden out to the East Lancs Railway at Bury and was enjoying a real ale when a bunch of cyclists arrived on the steam-hauled pullman from Rawtenstall.   They were led by Chocolatebike whom I didn't immediately recognise, clad as he was in Milk Tray-delivering balaclava or other form of headgear.  I'd completely forgotten about his Forum ride from Chorlton, which I'd expressed an interest in many weeks ago.  But it was very well attended and it was great to see CB again, after first meeting him on the epic Tan Hill overnighter from York.

I also encountered a former pupil of mine, training to be a station-master, which was nice, especially as neither of us lives closer than 10 miles to Bury!

« Reply #1664 on: 20 November, 2011, 06:31:16 pm »
You won't be surprised to hear that I met up with Peter this afternoon on the ELR station in Bury.
I recognised him because he was wearing cycling gear. And he had a pint in his hand  :)

clad as he was in Milk Tray-delivering balaclava or other form of headgear.

I was glad of the hat; it was cold at both ends of the day !

Nice to see you again Peter. I may be on the Winter Sostice 200k in December.
Emphasis on the "may"  ;)

« Reply #1665 on: 20 November, 2011, 09:59:26 pm »
Tim, about your cat cam. I have been looking at it periodically for some weeks now and haven't seen a cat. Am I doing something wrong?

Only when Zev feels like being on camera!  Sometimes she'll sleep on camera, but it seems to depend on how the mood takes her, and in the summer at least, if there's a nice warm sunny spot in view of the camera.

I normally set the feeder to open at 1pm and 7pm, so you'll likely see her around then or very shortly thereafter.  I'm sure she's worked out that the noise of the motor means food!

I'd get a second camera to replace the duff one, but she's going to the vets to be checked over whether it's time to have her spayed on Thursday.  If that's OK then she'll go in for the operation shortly thereafter, and then once she's OK to be let out (presumably I'll have to let the wound from the operation heal) she'll no longer need to be closed in the room, so even less likely to be spotted on camera!

I may see if I can weatherproof the camera in some fashion, and put it on the cat flap, so you'll at least see the odd shot of a cat leaving or arriving!

Of course in the context of Forumite spotting, Kai and Zev probably don't count any more than Morphy does!
Actually, it is rocket science.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1666 on: 20 November, 2011, 10:17:37 pm »
It's just become apparent to me that the bloke I met in the gents wc at the Rambler's Retreat yesterday is Dasmi of this parish.

« Reply #1667 on: 25 November, 2011, 08:04:38 am »
Her_Welshness by the Oval last night, we got to ride home together for the first half of my commute. Fanks, that was fun! You're a good rider, and I felt super comfortable riding with you.
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #1668 on: 25 November, 2011, 12:29:24 pm »
Her_Welshness by the Oval last night, we got to ride home together for the first half of my commute. Fanks, that was fun! You're a good rider, and I felt super comfortable riding with you.

Right back at you Wendy  :thumbsup: Hope to see you out there soon!

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #1669 on: 26 November, 2011, 10:53:28 am »
A possible spot: teethgrinder (or his bike, at least) in Tadcaster.

Only a possible, mind, as I was on a passing bus and I don't know anyone round here who rides a red fixed with tri-bars and a big gear.

(alternatively, I could be talking crap ;) )

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1670 on: 27 November, 2011, 12:18:57 pm »
We spotted Rogerzilla, Jaded, Charlotte and Andyoxon in Caffe Nero in Oxford. :thumbsup:

I don't think I'll be commuting to Oxford for breakfast on a regular basis.
Getting there...

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1671 on: 27 November, 2011, 02:55:16 pm »
I spotted a plenty of forumites at the racecourse centre yesterday.  It was particularly lovely to get to meet Helly, and to finally meet Ernst and Mrs Ernst who I should have met on the scottish camping trip had inconvenient Real Life stuff not got in the way.

I did think it was quite funny when all the trophy winners were lined up for a photo, and I looked at them all, and realised that I've fed cake to probably more than half of them.  I think this is quite an achievement, to say I've never yet actually officially volunteered at an Audax control!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1672 on: 27 November, 2011, 06:03:58 pm »
I spotted a plenty of forumites at the racecourse centre yesterday.  It was particularly lovely to get to meet Helly, and to finally meet Ernst and Mrs Ernst who I should have met on the scottish camping trip had inconvenient Real Life stuff not got in the way.

I did think it was quite funny when all the trophy winners were lined up for a photo, and I looked at them all, and realised that I've fed cake to probably more than half of them.  I think this is quite an achievement, to say I've never yet actually officially volunteered at an Audax control!

I sat with HK, chatted with LWaB, met CrinklyLion and boab, saw lots of assasin, arabella, marcus, MattH, AndyH, teethgrinder ernst & Mrs e, Peter ESL and too many other AUKs of this parish to mention.

AndyH

« Reply #1673 on: 28 November, 2011, 12:06:04 am »
T'was good to meet you Helly.

« Reply #1674 on: 29 November, 2011, 10:48:21 am »
Spotted TimO  zooming down cedars road. :)He's easy to spot in his red jersey.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.