Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 596460 times)

Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #1675 on: 29 November, 2011, 11:55:36 am »
... and I spotted a Butterfly with one of her charges, less obvious when I'm watching the approaching junction, but a cry of "Tim" from her helped a lot!

Unfortunately she went off at a right angle to my direction of travel, otherwise I would have briefly chatted before continuing on with my way into work.
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #1676 on: 29 November, 2011, 03:18:00 pm »
... and I spotted a Butterfly with one of her charges, less obvious when I'm watching the approaching junction, but a cry of "Tim" from her helped a lot!

Unfortunately she went off at a right angle to my direction of travel, otherwise I would have briefly chatted before continuing on with my way into work.
I wouldn't want to risk infecting you - that particular charge has had the vomiting lurgy which is why we were wandering the streets instead of at a toddler group :(.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1677 on: 29 November, 2011, 04:12:39 pm »
:(
Getting there...

« Reply #1678 on: 04 December, 2011, 11:31:54 am »
As I was up a stepladder painting yeaterday I spied someone who looked just like Jurek riding past.  It can't have been him, of course, as he's been told by his doctor he's not allowed out on a bike.   ???

« Reply #1679 on: 04 December, 2011, 02:43:20 pm »
As I was up a stepladder painting yeaterday I spied someone who looked just like Jurek riding past.  It can't have been him, of course, as he's been told by his doctor he's not allowed out on a bike.   ???

It was, and I shouldn't have.

Meh!  >:(

« Reply #1680 on: 04 December, 2011, 06:27:13 pm »
I did spot Tomsk yesterday, which was just as well otherwise I would have had much more trouble finding my way from Dunmow to Witham. Actually, I was spotting his hear end and he ended up spotting my face, a tale of following behind mudguardless wheels.

There was also Gloucester Old Spot chez Oscar's Dad.

Found lots of spots to drink, too. Lots of yacfers there,  nobody got that spotted.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #1681 on: 04 December, 2011, 11:08:09 pm »
Gordy (and daughter), on the Birmingham Cyclist forum, as spotted on Friday's Critical Mass.

http://www.birminghamcyclist.com/photo/extreme-machine

Moose57

• Hippopotamus scandere potest colles
« Reply #1682 on: 04 December, 2011, 11:11:26 pm »
I spotted Peewit as I picked up Fred(YACF's very own bike) in "That there London" today. :D Oh and he was still painting. :thumbsup:

« Reply #1683 on: 05 December, 2011, 09:36:16 am »
Moose - good to meet you and especially good to see Fred heading off in his travels again, nice though it was to have him to stay.

Jurek - I did espy some out of saddle riding and wondered.  I'm so sorry that things aren't sorted yet and really hope they take a turn for the better soonest.

I've finished painting now and am truly sick of it.

« Reply #1684 on: 06 December, 2011, 03:11:03 pm »
Clarion.
In my kitchen.
Drinking tea.
 :thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1685 on: 06 December, 2011, 06:17:33 pm »
Jurek.
In his kitchen.
Serving tea.
:thumbsup:
Getting there...

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #1686 on: 06 December, 2011, 09:38:20 pm »
One Smurphboy, about an hour and a half ago coming out of Sainsbury's laden with shopping. Not only not smurphly blue, he looked a lot warmer than I felt!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #1687 on: 07 December, 2011, 11:19:42 am »
Andrij.

On Blackfriars Bridge.

On page six of the current London Cyclist.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1688 on: 07 December, 2011, 11:34:02 am »
Andrij.

On Blackfriars Bridge.

Ooh!  Hope they got me from my good side.  8)

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1689 on: 07 December, 2011, 08:24:24 pm »
And, on p.36, Speshact's lovely smile.
Getting there...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1690 on: 07 December, 2011, 08:31:04 pm »
Also, in a book I got from The Works, called The Cycling Miscellany, which is a similar book of snippets to the Cyclist's Companion, but cheaper in several senses, I saw this entry:

One of the most distinctive of the world's mass cycle rides is the annual Dunwich Dynamo from Hackney in east London to Dunwich, a village on the Suffolk coast.  The 193km (120mile) run takes place overnight (hence the name) on the Saturday in July closest to the full moon.  The first ride, organised by bike messengers riding fixed wheel machines, took place in 1993 and the ride has steadily been attracting more participants ever since.  Around 1,000 - including at least one penny farthing rider - now take part, relishing the ride's non-competitive nature, the beautiful site of the bunch's lights passing through the rural darkness, and the promise of an early morning dip in the sea at the end.
Getting there...

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1691 on: 08 December, 2011, 06:47:36 pm »
Andrij.

On Blackfriars Bridge.

I dub thee Jurek Eagle-eye.  If you hadn't mentioned it I probably would not have even spotted myself.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #1692 on: 08 December, 2011, 06:55:55 pm »
Andrij.

On Blackfriars Bridge.

I dub thee Jurek Eagle-eye.  If you hadn't mentioned it I probably would not have even spotted myself.

Yeah!
Mr. Attention-to-detail-but-miss-the-bigger-picture, here  ::-).

It can be scary.

« Reply #1693 on: 10 December, 2011, 07:22:06 pm »
Speshact this morning near the Oval. What a pleasant surprise!
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

Snakehips

• Twixt London and leafy Surrey
« Reply #1694 on: 11 December, 2011, 05:58:41 pm »
As I looked glumly out of the side window of the no. 65 bus near Ealing Broadway early this afternoon (don't ask) I saw two people on what appeared to be a recumbent tandem trike , the sort of thing that yacfers might ride. No idea who it was though.
An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur?

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #1695 on: 11 December, 2011, 06:20:16 pm »
Torslanda, on a train with Mrs Torslanda and the little ones. And Santa(who, I believe, is NOT a forumite)

Then the same in a pub, having lunch.

Once again at our house, drinking coffee.

Then at church for Christingle.

Back at our house for coffee

then finally heading down the road back to the wrong side of the pennines.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #1696 on: 11 December, 2011, 06:32:22 pm »
As I looked glumly out of the side window of the no. 65 bus near Ealing Broadway early this afternoon (don't ask) I saw two people on what appeared to be a recumbent tandem trike , the sort of thing that yacfers might ride. No idea who it was though.

Teamonster perhaps? It'd be a red greenspeed trike.
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #1697 on: 13 December, 2011, 09:45:55 pm »
Torslanda, on a train with Mrs Torslanda and the little ones. And Santa(who, I believe, is NOT a forumite)

Then the same in a pub, having lunch.

Once again at our house, drinking coffee.

Then at church for Christingle.

Back at our house for coffee

then finally heading down the road back to the wrong side of the pennines.

Oops! Kind of forgot to reciprocate. (I'm blaming it on being dazzled by the condition and indeed the actual existence of a certain bike frame  ::-) )

An excellent day all round and la famille Tiermat are excellent peeps who live in the one of the nicest places in the country.

Speaking personally, Christingle was difficult. Little Donkey and Away in a Manger were such a part of Christmas for my dad that hearing the music had a profound effect that took me somewhat by surprise. So much so that I don't think I can go to a carol service again, at least for the forseeable future.

VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #1698 on: 14 December, 2011, 08:51:30 pm »
Handbag.

Verrrrrrrrrryyyyyy occasionally of this parish.

In her flat.

To assist with recently-acquired-bed fettling.

Those of you in the cheap seats, please keep it to yourselves.
M'kay   ;).

« Reply #1699 on: 14 December, 2011, 09:31:56 pm »

Teamonster perhaps? It'd be a red greenspeed trike.

Guilty as charged, unless there's another recumbent tandem Trike in the Ealing area ! We'd just been on a short spin trying to get some miles in before Xmas. I'm the pilot and Darkeyes who also comes on the forum occasionally is the stoker
Get a bicycle.  You will not regret it if you live  ~Mark Twain