Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 595132 times)

Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #1775 on: 26 February, 2012, 08:10:46 pm »
Spotted (or closer to the truth - was spotted by) Regulator today, while doing this today.

Good to see you Regulator.

Simonb

« Reply #1776 on: 26 February, 2012, 08:23:51 pm »
A many-whammy on the Kennet Valley Run: PAC, Martin, Von Broad, PaulD, Bikey Mikey, Gadget, Salvatore, Postie, MattC, LWAB, and most likely many more.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #1777 on: 28 February, 2012, 03:53:32 pm »
I discovered today that I have been collaborating (quite successfully) with dasmoth for a while - not put the two sides together till he introduced himself as such. Now, how to persuade him to make a professional visit to Dundee that coincides with the Snow Roads...
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #1778 on: 01 March, 2012, 09:13:15 am »
Clarion heading south over Waterloo Bridge this morning at about 8.35, I believe.  I saw the black YACF jersey first, then the giant carradice and the stickers on the frame.  I was being a walkenger/suitenger heading northwards.  I did not shout DAS.  (Ooops, wrong forum...)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1779 on: 01 March, 2012, 09:30:21 am »
Yup.  That was me.  The saddlebag was bulging as I'm not at work today, but at a conference near Waterloo, and I needed to carry a change of clothes.  I'd just done a tour of Embankment, Whitehall andthe Strand - much of it at a glacial pace because of motor vehicles jamming the space up.

Wish you'd shouted, though I wouldn't have done a skid ;)
Getting there...

Andyf

• I would engage you in a battle of wits, but it appears you came unarmed.
  • I love my Specialized, and my Specialized loves me
« Reply #1780 on: 02 March, 2012, 08:57:04 am »
Lady cyclist getting off the train at Witham station around 5pm yesterday, with a Dawes single/fixed speed, If your not a YACF'er then you should be  :thumbsup:
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting: "What a ride!" - Brian Davies

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1781 on: 02 March, 2012, 06:30:08 pm »
Littlewheel, seen in my lounge a few minutes ago :thumbsup:

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #1782 on: 02 March, 2012, 06:48:44 pm »
Feanor, was that you approaching Clatterin' Bridge about 4.30 this afternoon? I was making my way home to Kirrie from Turruff, inna car though.
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
« Reply #1783 on: 02 March, 2012, 07:28:18 pm »
Feanor, was that you approaching Clatterin' Bridge about 4.30 this afternoon? I was making my way home to Kirrie from Turra, inna car though.

Oh Yes indeedy.

Up into the murky low cloud.
Shame I couldn't have cycled yesterday instead.

With a bloody rucksack, because a bunch of deliveries for me arrived on a cycling day, and I needed to get them home...

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #1784 on: 03 March, 2012, 12:18:09 pm »
Adrian and Jurek, at various points between London and Ramsgate.  We didn't have a cake stop so I have no photograph of Adrian.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1785 on: 03 March, 2012, 03:34:36 pm »
Oranj, leading me on a nice morning ride in Oxfordshire.
Getting there...

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #1786 on: 03 March, 2012, 03:52:22 pm »
Clivedb in the middle of nowhere, somewhere to the west of Milton Keynes.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

« Reply #1787 on: 04 March, 2012, 07:56:27 pm »
Panoramix climbing from Wick up to Lansdown in heavy rain/sleet.

Respect to him for being out in those conditions.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1788 on: 04 March, 2012, 09:18:19 pm »
I think I saw a Bunbury haring down Lawrence street when I was walking home from the chippy earlier today, at around Cub teatime.  Looked like his bike, anyway, from the brief glimpse I caught as he disappeared towards Hull road!

Panoramix

• .--. .- -. --- .-. .- -- .. -..-
  • Suus cuique crepitus bene olet
    • Some routes
« Reply #1789 on: 04 March, 2012, 10:17:23 pm »
Panoramix climbing from Wick up to Lansdown in heavy rain/sleet.

Respect to him for being out in those conditions.

That was me indeed, I am starting to realise how foolish I was to enter the mille Alba so I tend to go out on Sundays morning in quest of steep hills as I've lost my climbing legs. That's my short circuit which is cycle path -> A420 -> Wick -> Lansdown -> Bath -> Bitton via A431 and home. The medium version goes toward Bathampton and the long one goes to Colerne. When I left Bristol the weather was only a bit wet and TBH the sleet in Lansdown surprised me if I had anticipated it I would have gone toward Wales! I don't know if you know the lanes in the countryside North of Bath but there are nice places with steep lanes I didn't know of there.

Unfortunately I couldn't do the Gospel Pass which I wish I had done especially knowing that so many people I know were there.
Chief cat entertainer.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #1790 on: 04 March, 2012, 10:21:38 pm »
I think I saw a Bunbury haring down Lawrence street when I was walking home from the chippy earlier today, at around Cub teatime.  Looked like his bike, anyway, from the brief glimpse I caught as he disappeared towards Hull road!

I may just be losing my mind but I don't remember going as far as Lawrence Street today, sorry!

fuzzy

« Reply #1791 on: 05 March, 2012, 07:47:03 am »
I think Wooly and Peli are in Furrin parts so, was it a Wooly I spotted on the highlights of Paris Nice last night (leaning over the barrier at the finish)?

« Reply #1792 on: 05 March, 2012, 09:08:48 am »
Not unless Paris Nice has move to South America!!

« Reply #1793 on: 05 March, 2012, 03:04:15 pm »

I have heard it is a little chile in Paris at the moment.

fuzzy

« Reply #1794 on: 05 March, 2012, 04:10:33 pm »

That'll be a no then ;)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #1795 on: 05 March, 2012, 07:12:09 pm »
About 5 o'clock at the Ashley Rd lights on Gloucester Rd I saw someone who looked a bit like a Cyclofabrica, but I wasn't sure - I was heading up a side street - so didn't call out.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Forumite spotting
« Reply #1796 on: 05 March, 2012, 10:25:39 pm »
Wasn't me at 5pm Cudz, but that's just round the corner from me, must have a lookalike!

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #1797 on: 05 March, 2012, 10:32:27 pm »
In profile at least - I didn't see him face on.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #1798 on: 07 March, 2012, 04:19:10 pm »
Saw Little Miss Mac this morning. First time I've seen her for ages!

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1799 on: 07 March, 2012, 06:35:28 pm »
Bunbury, waiting at the lights on hospital fields road, as I turned right into it. I think.