Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 596493 times)

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #1800 on: 07 March, 2012, 06:50:37 pm »
Bunbury, waiting at the lights on hospital fields road, as I turned right into it. I think.

Yes, you got me this time.  I didn't spot you, so well done.

« Reply #1801 on: 08 March, 2012, 10:04:42 am »
Saw Little Miss Mac this morning. First time I've seen her for ages!

and again this morning, although she didn't spot me this time.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1802 on: 08 March, 2012, 11:15:09 am »
She's normally a blur...
Getting there...

« Reply #1803 on: 08 March, 2012, 11:19:24 am »
She's normally a blur...

;D

Didn't spot you today, alex... but Wascally Weasel found me this morning and we had a nice ride in together. Don't see anyone for ages, then three spots in one week!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1804 on: 08 March, 2012, 11:21:36 am »
Glad to know you're riding the commute, but sadly I don't think I cross paths with you at any point :(
Getting there...

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #1805 on: 08 March, 2012, 11:26:15 am »
I rarely see LMM even though we share about 5-6 miles of our route, as she tends to get to work before me and leave later than me, was nice to have a wee chat firs thing, especially as this is my first proper week back commuting since January.

« Reply #1806 on: 08 March, 2012, 02:20:14 pm »
I rarely see LMM even though we share about 5-6 miles of our route, as she tends to get to work before me and leave later than me, was nice to have a wee chat firs thing, especially as this is my first proper week back commuting since January.

Saw you both in Battersea Park this morning.
I was riding at right angles to you and you were just clearing the gate entrance to the Park, so unless you had both looked to your right as you came through the gate, you wouldn't have spotted me anyway!

Nice socks Alex!

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #1807 on: 09 March, 2012, 02:00:10 am »
So jealous of you lot.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #1808 on: 09 March, 2012, 10:21:41 pm »
feanor, again: t'was I who flashed you from the blue Honda Jazz, as you were just starting the descent of the Cairn o'Mount this afternoon. This secret training for the Snow Roads is quite unsporting don'cha know?  :hand:
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1809 on: 09 March, 2012, 10:24:23 pm »
Going DOWN ain't training.Even I could ride down it ;D

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
« Reply #1810 on: 09 March, 2012, 10:37:22 pm »
feanor, again: t'was I who flashed you from the blue Honda Jazz, as you were just starting the descent of the Cairn o'Mount this afternoon. This secret training for the Snow Roads is quite unsporting don'cha know?  :hand:

Yes, I thought that was you :-)
I vaguely managed a feeble wave before we passed.

I wasn't training, I was 'just riding home from work'.  I didn't go fast. Honest.   Actually, that's true, it was quite windy.
Am I going to have to do a punishment exercise for my bridies?
Like getting to the top, and having to go back down to the Clatterin Brig and do it again?

You prolly didn't spot this, but I had some new chain-rings ty-wrapped to the frame, up at the front between the head-tube / down-tube /top-tube.
These had been delivered to my work, and I needed to get them home.
They were too big to fit in any pockets, so I hung them from the frame in an alarming way that would have been pointy-metal-in-the-legs gruesome if I'd come off.

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #1811 on: 10 March, 2012, 12:42:13 pm »
Seen today, a black YACF jersey in Henny Street, northbound toward Sudbury. Being blind as a bat, I didn't notice but CMinor, with whom I was out for a little ride, did and told me about it too late to give chase. We were southbound, me on my Ti Ritchey, wearing an old red C+ 'CakeStop' LS jersey.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1812 on: 10 March, 2012, 02:16:46 pm »
Rich Forrest and Miss Silverback, in the CrinklyDen!  They broke off from their wander round the walls to pop in for a coffee  :thumbsup: Although I failed totally by having no caik in the house :(

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
Forumite spotting
« Reply #1813 on: 11 March, 2012, 09:33:58 am »
Saw Bloomers100 running down East Hill in Colchester as part of the half marathon. Well, he saw me and hailed me, he was just one of a sea of sweaty-looking runners. I was a sweaty-looking cyclist going uphill the other way.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #1814 on: 11 March, 2012, 10:33:05 am »
Being blind as a bat, I didn't notice
Are you sure that you should say this sort of thing?
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

bloomers100

• ACME's Head of Sexual Health and Family Planning
« Reply #1815 on: 11 March, 2012, 05:12:13 pm »
Saw Bloomers100 running down East Hill in Colchester as part of the half marathon. Well, he saw me and hailed me, he was just one of a sea of sweaty-looking runners. I was a sweaty-looking cyclist going uphill the other way.

Haha saw AH looking serene as usual plugging her way up east Hill. That was the easy bit for me.

I've been wined and dined since then, and been in a hot tub so happy days.  ;D

« Reply #1816 on: 11 March, 2012, 06:41:46 pm »
We were cheered into the arrivee this afternoon by Jonah & Gadget who were enjoying a well deserved pint after the Invicta Grimpeur today. Don't think this really counts as forumite spotting as we had seen been passed by them earlier in the day. But it was great, none the less.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #1817 on: 12 March, 2012, 04:50:44 pm »
Excellent bike ride with Tiermat to the Fox n Hound where NOTHING HAPPENED on the climb up the hill to the pub. NOBODY fell off, scraped their elbow and knee and trashed the bar tape or scuffed brake lever, pedal etc. The lady of the house, having seen that NOTHING WAS HAPPENING, came out to check that no one had been injured as a result of NOTHING HAPPENING and that no one was leaking vital fluids over her driveway. No photographs exist of NOTHING HAPPENING.

Sossidge n mash for lunch before a rapid descent down the hill where NOTHING HAPPENED. Great day out, now looking forward to France.

NOTHING to see here, back to your lives, citizens . . .
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #1818 on: 12 March, 2012, 06:18:05 pm »
Rich Forrest and Miss Silverback, in the CrinklyDen!  They broke off from their wander round the walls to pop in for a coffee  :thumbsup: Although I failed totally by having no caik in the house :(

Great day for a walk around York, and as you weren't far from the wall it was rude not too  ;D

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #1819 on: 13 March, 2012, 05:34:14 pm »
Feanor, we can't go on meeting like this.  :hand: That's twice in one day: this morning, just by the humpy bridge at Fasque, then this afternoon when you were whizzing down off the Cairn. I'm commuting up to Deeside for a couple of weeks, not every day, so might see you again.
PS, if anyone has a right to wear a polka-dot jersey, it's got to be someone who commutes over that road.   8)
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

Feanor

« Reply #1820 on: 13 March, 2012, 05:44:59 pm »
Didn't spot you this morning, but did this afternoon!

Re: the jersey... It was delivered to my work this morning, and what better way to get it home than to wear it!

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1821 on: 13 March, 2012, 07:25:21 pm »
αdαmsκι... without a bike and dressed for work :o  At first I wasn't sure it was him.  Considering how often I pass through his neck of the woods, we were bound to cross paths sooner or later.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1822 on: 13 March, 2012, 07:27:52 pm »
Wascally Weasel! :thumbsup:
Getting there...

« Reply #1823 on: 15 March, 2012, 08:29:52 pm »
I think I saw Adrian riding up Brixton Hill at about 7pm today, whilst I was waiting at the lights on Elm Park. He'd already zoomed past before I realized that it looked like him, so I ended up shouting 'ADRIAN' to an empty gap :-[. I would have at least tried to get close enough to say hello, but the lights took ages :(.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Feanor

« Reply #1824 on: 15 March, 2012, 09:07:45 pm »
Mr. Eck, inna car, twice.  And my bottom bracket bearing collapsed on the climb just after I passed him @ clatterin brig this evening  >:(

Went from click-click to clickety-groan to groan-groan to sound of broken bolts over the course of 3.35k.
Inspection at top reveals a fair bit of wiggle in the BB axle.
Gently ride for the remainder of the way home.

So fettling required tomorrow.