Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 596451 times)

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #1850 on: 07 April, 2012, 02:43:36 pm »
In a return to normal service, this morning at a little before 8 I took a couple of Ortlieb back rollers full of cake and flapjack to the PunchUp and fed it to a plenty of Easter Arrowers including forumites too numerous to list not least because I'd definitely forget someone (since I have a brain made out of cheese) and that would be embarrassing.  Nice to see so many familiar faces again, and to meet some new ones! 

« Reply #1851 on: 10 April, 2012, 02:40:44 pm »
It was nice to see you, too, although I regret I couldn't sample any of the CLflapjack - my body objected to the consumption of food (but was fine with alcohol?).

Seen yesterday; Jes, picking up Burple the Purple, the gorgeous Longstaff trike. Very nice to catch up with someone from the Arrow, post event.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #1852 on: 10 April, 2012, 02:44:49 pm »
Wascally Weasel, again, as we were on our respective lunch breaks last week. We almost didn’t recognise each other in non-cycling gear; it took both of us a moment for the penny to drop as we passed each other crossing the road.

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
« Reply #1853 on: 10 April, 2012, 04:03:06 pm »
Sounds like you two should get married.  ::-)
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

« Reply #1854 on: 13 April, 2012, 11:05:56 am »
I'm almost certain I've just seen a pixie in BSE.

We were both camoflaged in non cycling attire, and I'm in the extra disguise of glasses, so didn't recognise each other until (at least in my case) after I'd passed her. Darn! I haven't seen the pixie'd one for ages, it'd've been nice to catch up.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1855 on: 14 April, 2012, 10:24:55 pm »
Today I have seen mcshroom for approx 147km.

« Reply #1856 on: 15 April, 2012, 06:04:28 pm »
Octave spotted me on the Ten Thames Bridges, & accosted me.

I spotted Cardiac from Reading all the way to the start, a few times on the way round, & at the end. I'd spotted him many times before, over many years, without realising, because he didn't tell me he was Cardiac until today.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #1857 on: 19 April, 2012, 09:37:05 pm »
Gobsmacked this morning to see my first ever yacf-jersey-in-the-wild spot, and I don't know who it was.

Chap heading west along the Embankment and turning right onto Northumberland Ave at probably 9am-ish, wearing a long sleeve orange yacf jersey and riding a brown Langster. I spotted him from the left hand filter lights onto Northumberland Ave from the eastbound Embankment (I am almost the only cyclist in the world who stops at that red light).

WHO ARE YOU?!

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #1858 on: 19 April, 2012, 09:40:39 pm »
I could probably narrow it down based on orange jersey owners.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #1859 on: 19 April, 2012, 09:48:35 pm »
Gobsmacked this morning to see my first ever yacf-jersey-in-the-wild spot, and I don't know who it was.

Chap heading west along the Embankment and turning right onto Northumberland Ave at probably 9am-ish, wearing a long sleeve orange yacf jersey and riding a brown Langster. I spotted him from the left hand filter lights onto Northumberland Ave from the eastbound Embankment (I am almost the only cyclist in the world who stops at that red light).

WHO ARE YOU?!

That would be me, late for work.  I work near Trafalgar Square so most days I either take the Embankment from Southwark Bridge or come through Elephant & Castle over Westminster Bridge and up Whitehall.

Shout hello next time and I'll stop :-)
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

« Reply #1860 on: 19 April, 2012, 09:55:36 pm »
Yay!

I work on the Strand but park my bike at our offices by Embankment tube. That junction is probably the only one we'd ever cross paths, unless I spy you turning right into Whitehall while I'm waiting in Parliament Sq to go up towards Westminster Bridge. I'll shout if I see you again  :)

Roger, was that your guess??

Redlight

« Reply #1861 on: 19 April, 2012, 10:09:35 pm »
Please do.  If I'm not in a YACF top, it'll most likely be an Audax one of one description or another  8)

« Reply #1862 on: 19 April, 2012, 10:22:18 pm »
Phil D. On a back road just south of Benson this evening. I was on the return leg of a DIY 200 to Winchester and back and I guess he was just commuting home.
Probably. AFAIK he sometimes catches the train (well, he used to when I used to: our paths often crossed at Reading station), & sometimes cycles, & when the latter, might throw in a little loop.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Redlight

« Reply #1863 on: 20 April, 2012, 12:50:57 pm »
You know how it is - you go for years never being noticed and then are spotted two days running!

A great pleasure to meet Notsototalnewbie on Southwark Bridge this morning.

(PS is it worth me posting my planned route home tonight so people can plan theirs accordingly so that they get to see me?  I'll be leaving the office at about 6.15.....)

« Reply #1864 on: 20 April, 2012, 02:39:05 pm »
Yes, unlike LMM I was in a position to chase him down (not that it took much chasing, the lights ahead turned red just after he overtook me) and demand to know which YACFer he was. I don't usually take that route but was on my way to a meeting in Moorgate.

Very nice to meet you too!

I do so need a YACF sticker for my mudguard, as I'm usually in civvies when pottering around London on the Dutch bike so don't tend to be wearing the buff or jersey.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #1865 on: 20 April, 2012, 04:09:15 pm »
A bit late, but we were spotted by GlasgowDave & Perkygirl in a tea room adjacent to St. Mary's Loch and a splendid conversation was had. Lovely people.

We were also spotted, it seems, by Mr. & Mrs. Rig of Jarkness in a café in Castle Douglas a few days previously but sadly they didn't make themselves known to us.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #1866 on: 20 April, 2012, 07:40:09 pm »
Spotted Peewit on his way home on his very good lookin' Pearson Touche in the last few minutes.

Civilities were exchanged...

Me, on my way to Blythe Hill to take in the evening light.
(Managed to winch myself up onto Blythe Hill on fixed... Gonna have to give Canonbie Road a go, sometime soon. It'd be rude not to)

But, BOY!!! Has it got cold out there since the thunder and the hail!!!

I hope the Friday nighters manage to stay warm....

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1867 on: 20 April, 2012, 08:37:00 pm »
Today I spotted Si_Co for 108km.
twas great 8)

Redlight

« Reply #1868 on: 20 April, 2012, 10:00:01 pm »

I do so need a YACF sticker for my mudguard, as I'm usually in civvies when pottering around London on the Dutch bike so don't tend to be wearing the buff or jersey.

Yes, I spotted the LCC sticker but didn't want to say anything as I went past in case I startled you (I need to get a bell if I'm going to carry on using that bit of CS7). But I was thinking that I need to get some new LCC stickers for each of the bikes.  I'll also go off searching in Office Reception for YACF stickers now that I've been alerted to their existence :-)

I am always impressed by people who can cycle in civvies and still look pristine. I just get hot and sticky, even on the hire bikes.

« Reply #1869 on: 20 April, 2012, 10:28:15 pm »

Yes, I spotted the LCC sticker but didn't want to say anything as I went past in case I startled you (I need to get a bell if I'm going to carry on using that bit of CS7). But I was thinking that I need to get some new LCC stickers for each of the bikes.  I'll also go off searching in Office Reception for YACF stickers now that I've been alerted to their existence :-)

I am always impressed by people who can cycle in civvies and still look pristine. I just get hot and sticky, even on the hire bikes.

Oops no I don't believe YACF stickers do exist, didn't mean to suggest they did. Just that I needed this hypothetical sticker. LCC will send you new stickers if you email them though.

It's only 4 miles from Stockwell to Moorgate, and even less on my usual route to Westminster so I manage by going very slowly. 4/5 miles is my limit for civvies.

« Reply #1870 on: 28 April, 2012, 02:52:48 pm »
Andrij here

« Reply #1871 on: 28 April, 2012, 02:56:29 pm »
Andrij here

damn, he got there quick!  Was he on a ridiculous bicycle?

« Reply #1872 on: 28 April, 2012, 02:58:05 pm »
Andrij here

Do you mean one with rather small wheels?  ;)
Or the one with large wheels he's standing next to at the top of that page?

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1873 on: 28 April, 2012, 10:20:21 pm »
Andrij here

That was probably around the time I arrived at the pub.  The bike I was on wasn't ridiculous, but I won't comment on the load on the back of the bike...
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #1874 on: 29 April, 2012, 06:11:01 am »
......... but I won't comment on the load on the back of the bike...

I did see that in the photo and wonder....