Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 595175 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #1900 on: 07 May, 2012, 10:38:21 pm »
;D That was probably us!  We were just chatting to two riders who were deciding whether to continue with the Wandle Trail or turn back for home.  They turned back; we went on.

Butterfly was solo on her loaded tandem.  I was on my silly vintage bike.

You should have shouted us. :)
Getting there...

« Reply #1901 on: 11 May, 2012, 04:34:49 am »
Not unless Paris Nice has move to South America!!

I have heard it is a little chile in Paris at the moment.
Just seen this. No, Fuzzy, t'wasn't us! I'll tell Woolly he has (another) double.

fuzzy

« Reply #1902 on: 11 May, 2012, 08:51:53 am »
 :thumbsup:

« Reply #1903 on: 12 May, 2012, 09:57:39 am »
We saw a YACF king of the mountains top on Gillygate, York this morning - no chance to say hi, but hello now!

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1904 on: 12 May, 2012, 10:16:08 am »
At alarmingly close to 10, when the Wiggy100 departs Wigginton, perhaps?  If so, quite likely CrinklyUncle.  He'll be late for his on funeral, that chap ;)

Although, thinking about it, Hulver could have been along there, and has a KoTM too iirc.

Ariadne - if you want to spot a several of forumites you could pop round the Den for tea this evening!  I might even have made a cake by then.

LindaG

« Reply #1905 on: 12 May, 2012, 07:10:31 pm »
A several of VC167 jerseys, at least one of whom frequents this place, in Richmond this afternoon.  They must have done nigh on 200km by then but looked fresh as daisies

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1906 on: 12 May, 2012, 10:45:23 pm »
Hulver and TGL were both riding in KOM jerseys today.  But TGL had a jacket on as we left York, so it's the latter.  Crinkly Uncle had a red jersey on.
Getting there...

« Reply #1907 on: 12 May, 2012, 11:22:52 pm »
Thing 1, Thing 2, Charlotte, Wowbagger, Clare (with tres funky boots!), Vern, Wascally Weasel, Tim Hall and HMQM, Steph, Notsototalnewbie, Dez, Kathy, Tim, Martin 109, Dasmoth, Emily, and probably a couple of others, in a pub off Red Lion Street.

We're talking quality here, not just quantity.

Where do I collect my prize?

CrinklyLion

« Reply #1908 on: 13 May, 2012, 12:13:41 am »
McShroom, Kim, Clarion, Butterfly, TGL, Tiermat (albeit briefly), CrinklyUncle and CrinklyAuntie have all been in the Den today.

I may have fed most of them.  A little bit.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #1909 on: 13 May, 2012, 07:44:55 am »
GruB on his way to work last week.  Normally I miss him, but I was 10 minutes early.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #1910 on: 13 May, 2012, 04:29:32 pm »
We saw a YACF king of the mountains top on Gillygate, York this morning - no chance to say hi, but hello now!

Hi!  *waves*

I think that would have been me. I was going along there at just after 9.

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #1911 on: 13 May, 2012, 04:38:42 pm »
Thing 1, Thing 2, Charlotte, Wowbagger, Clare (with tres funky boots!), Vern, Wascally Weasel, Tim Hall and HMQM, Steph, Notsototalnewbie, Dez, Kathy, Tim, Martin 109, Dasmoth, Emily, and probably a couple of others, in a pub off Red Lion Street.

We're talking quality here, not just quantity.

Where do I collect my prize?
A few contenders here...
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #1912 on: 13 May, 2012, 04:40:42 pm »
Lunchtime today in Richmond park a tandem captain in an orange yacf top. Any takers?

Simonb

« Reply #1913 on: 13 May, 2012, 04:58:10 pm »
"Dave!" at speed to citoyen while I was racing today. :thumbsup:

He didn't clock me though.  :(

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #1914 on: 13 May, 2012, 05:01:54 pm »
Lunchtime today in Richmond park a tandem captain in an orange yacf top. Any takers?

Unless anyone else fesses up, that'll be myself and my lovely stoker Cass (NOTP).
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

« Reply #1915 on: 13 May, 2012, 06:39:28 pm »
Hi!  *waves*

I think that would have been me. I was going along there at just after 9.

Hello! We were heading to Georgina's for breakfast. It quite made my morning to see a YACF top!

Ariadne - if you want to spot a several of forumites you could pop round the Den for tea this evening!  I might even have made a cake by then.

And thank you, that's a lovely offer! But we're back home in Edinburgh now - we had been on a wee tour round the area: Beverley, Bridlington, Scarborough... lovely. And somehow got NO RAIN at all while cycling. I'm not sure how we did it, but it was great!

(Editing this to add that I see the offer was for yesterday! But we got the 1135 train home, so couldn't have made it anyway!)

PaulF

The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe
« Reply #1916 on: 13 May, 2012, 06:48:46 pm »

Unless anyone else fesses up, that'll be myself and my lovely stoker Cass (NOTP).

Sorry I didn't say hello. I was shepherding riders through on the Stroke Association ride and by the time I'd recognised the top it was too late.

EDIT Sorry I somehow momentarily (OK an hour plus  :facepalm:) managed to rename the thread.

EDIT 2 on the same ride I also saw a Clarion jersey, but I don't think I was our Clarion, or if it was he was ignoring me!

« Reply #1917 on: 14 May, 2012, 01:30:07 pm »
There was a chap in the red, yellow and mauve :sick: Clarion Jersey at Herne Hill yesterday who wasn't our clarion. :)
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

CrinklyLion

« Reply #1918 on: 14 May, 2012, 02:56:42 pm »
So far today, phantasmagoriana on the Millennium Bridge  while I was on the way to CrinklyAuntie's.  Then CrinklyAuntie, at CrinklyAuntie's.  Then we both spotted Mr Bunbury, as we were on our way to the swimming pool and he was heading off bunburying somewhere in the opposite direction.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #1919 on: 14 May, 2012, 03:03:15 pm »
"Dave!" at speed to citoyen while I was racing today. :thumbsup:

He didn't clock me though.  :(

I heard the shout but didn't register that it was aimed at me - it's just too weird having a racer call your name from the peloton when you're standing watching at the side of the road!

Plus you were all whizzing past far too quickly for me to recognise individual faces.

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

PaulF

« Reply #1920 on: 14 May, 2012, 06:02:57 pm »
There was a chap in the red, yellow and mauve :sick: Clarion Jersey at Herne Hill yesterday who wasn't our clarion. :)

That could have been the same one that I saw

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #1921 on: 14 May, 2012, 07:47:06 pm »
It was with wonderful luck that I bumped into Clarion this evening. Soon after I left work I found a puncture in my front wheel  :(. Pulled onto Battersea Bridge and found a pump from a lovely chap who had been pootling around the Thames. Then it was with joy that Clarion pulled in and said 'lets get on with it'. With some encouragement and a Demi Moore/Patrick Swayze collaboration  :-* we soon had it fixed. My knight in shining red yacf top. Thank you so much Clarion.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1922 on: 14 May, 2012, 08:46:23 pm »
It was a pleasure :-*
Getting there...

« Reply #1923 on: 14 May, 2012, 08:49:02 pm »
Hes a smoothie, thats a first 'lets get on with it' filed for future use.......... :demon:
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
« Reply #1924 on: 15 May, 2012, 10:16:08 am »
Was catching up with a chap on a black bike with green Carradice  on a Bagman down Queens Gate just around 9am.

He turned into the back of Natural History Museum/Imperial - just as he turned, I spotted a YACF badge on the Carradice.  Just too late for me to shout hello.

Hello!
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!