Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 596449 times)

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #2000 on: 08 June, 2012, 12:34:53 pm »
Arch + colleague, in Beryl the Yellow Peril, spotted when I nipped out to the audax control 24 hour garage over the road for some milk.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2001 on: 08 June, 2012, 07:39:51 pm »
Cudzo and Mini-Cudzo at Liverpool Street.  How  nice to see him!
Getting there...

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #2002 on: 09 June, 2012, 03:26:15 pm »
And how nice to see Clarion and Butterfly. In one of London's glamourous locations!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #2003 on: 09 June, 2012, 04:08:40 pm »
Arch + colleague, in Beryl the Yellow Peril, spotted when I nipped out to the audax control 24 hour garage over the road for some milk.
I saw Arch earlier on when I was dropping off a load of proto-belts1 at St. Nicks.
We had a nice little chat and I took a photograph of her engagement ring - it's fair to say that there probably isn't another one like it! We might also have talked about titanium jubilee clips too :)

1 - ie. old tyres

« Reply #2004 on: 09 June, 2012, 10:57:54 pm »
Spotted Phil, Charlotte, Joff as well as one or two others from the other (chatty) place at the Smithfield Nocturne (that's become a major corporate event - not necessarily a bad thing, high profile cycling, CH4 et al involved - in the last five or so years that I've attended)  Phil and Joff collectively providing entertainment of the roller racing sort.
It was very close.
Watching the blur that was their legs made my knees turn away.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #2005 on: 10 June, 2012, 12:03:57 am »
Today I spotted Si_Co & family on Station Rd in Bakewell.He was going down as I was going up:it's a good thing I wasn't using my 24" gear as I'd never live it down ;D
We both knew the other was in the Peaks today but a coincidental  meeting made my day :smug:

« Reply #2006 on: 10 June, 2012, 02:32:16 pm »
I saw Arch earlier on when I was dropping off a load of proto-belts1 at St. Nicks.
We had a nice little chat and I took a photograph of her engagement ring - it's fair to say that there probably isn't another one like it! We might also have talked about titanium jubilee clips too :)

1 - ie. old tyres

it was nice to see you - apologies for having to go and be briefed, cutting short our chat. And thank you, both for the tyres, and the very nice best wishes.

I couldn't carry them home yesterday, but I'll get your protobelt home in the week and start work on it. :thumbsup:
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

bloomers100

• ACME's Head of Sexual Health and Family Planning
« Reply #2007 on: 12 June, 2012, 08:56:59 pm »
I think I saw a cool looking Bobb riding from great Waltham > the Chignalls late this afternoon.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2008 on: 12 June, 2012, 09:15:55 pm »
I begin to suspect that he plans the length of his rides in order to stay ahead of me on MCL ;D

I saw Origamist at Balham.  I was very surprised to have come up behind him, but he kept 50m up on me all the way to Tooting Bec.  I couldn't tell which bike he was on, but I suspect it was the Plug.

Shortly thereafter, I saw a chap trackstanding on a blue Touche.  He had a helmet cam, and a rearward facing cam.  I thought it might be Gaz, but I passed him on Upper Tooting Road and left him way behind.  Gaz is pretty fast, so it must have been someone else. :(

Edit: Yes, it was Gaz, but he was a bit below par.
Getting there...

« Reply #2009 on: 15 June, 2012, 07:32:01 pm »
I spy a yacf jersey p38 of the latest Tandem Club newsletter.

Who's that then?

Andyf

• I would engage you in a battle of wits, but it appears you came unarmed.
  • I love my Specialized, and my Specialized loves me
« Reply #2010 on: 16 June, 2012, 02:29:36 pm »
Saw Oscars's dad and Huggy's bike's parked in the high street.......just no sign of there owners  ???
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting: "What a ride!" - Brian Davies

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #2011 on: 16 June, 2012, 03:11:23 pm »
LEE spotted me in Stockbridge at lunchtime.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #2012 on: 16 June, 2012, 05:54:40 pm »
I spotted andrewc at Winsford railstation

pdm

• Sheffield hills? Nah... Just potholes.
« Reply #2013 on: 17 June, 2012, 06:13:10 pm »
I spy a yacf jersey p38 of the latest Tandem Club newsletter.

Who's that then?

That is my SO, Jennifer....
HERE is another view of the jersey in question... (Continental version with the arrows the wrong way)

« Reply #2014 on: 17 June, 2012, 08:22:15 pm »
Took advantage of a gap in the rain monsoon to take the dog out. As I got home, someone on a recumbent was coming up the road. Looked vaguely familiar, perhaps from David Martin's Snow Roads pictures.

Came back and took a look at the thread on here, and yes, I think it was xrtim.
(Leaving Perth, heading in the direction of Scone, Coupar Angus, Meigle, Forfar etc. about half an hour / 45 mins ago?)

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #2015 on: 18 June, 2012, 07:10:15 am »
CrinklyLion, TipTop, and shortly later joined by Gattopardo.
For a sneaky Saturday Lunchtime drink (or two?) in a pubbe in That London.  With a shocking dearth of bikes in attendance.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

« Reply #2016 on: 18 June, 2012, 02:29:57 pm »
I saw simon_b yesterday. It was unusual only because I don't see him regularly on Sundays - just most Wednesdays, on a ride.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #2017 on: 18 June, 2012, 06:41:57 pm »
Delthebike, in Station Road, Leigh, then Manchester Drive followed by a turn-off along the Prittle Brook greenway.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #2018 on: 18 June, 2012, 07:05:47 pm »
On Thursday - Tiermat and TipTop.  Which led to a conversation about weekend plans, which led to spotting TipTop again, together with Rower40, in the arrivals hall at KGX on Saturday morning and a successful hunt for a pub, in which we then spotted Gattopardo.  On Sunday I spotted a veritable plethora of YACF ladies, all looking remarkably glamorous.  Oh, and Clarion and Zipperhead - less glam, but nice to see them all the same.  On returning to the Den on Sunday evening I spotted a LonJOGing mcshroom in my living room and then this morning spotted the rest of the LonJOGers and went for a bit of a bimble with them.  And I've just spotted CrinklyUncle and CrinklyAuntie who turned up to collect the EldestCub for this week's karate class.  How many points is that!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2019 on: 18 June, 2012, 07:12:58 pm »
Piss-poor weekend of forumite spotting in Bristol for me.  There was Meegat, but that barely counts as she was in her house.

Hopefully next weekend will prove more fruitful...

« Reply #2020 on: 19 June, 2012, 07:45:38 pm »
I was spotted by her_welshness in NewX one night towards the end of last week.

When questioned as to how she recognised me (she was behind me, I on a bike she'd not previously seen me on) h_w maintained it was by my legs  :o :o :o.
*Shocked*

« Reply #2021 on: 19 June, 2012, 10:27:45 pm »
Manotea and I spotted each other earlier, despite my best efforts. My sense of direction remains as acutely tuned as ever, bettered only by my negotiating prowess.

A very entertaining chat it was too  :) Audax directions home worked well!

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #2022 on: 19 June, 2012, 11:26:00 pm »
Fixedwheelnut, who had dropped into the LFGSS South East drinks.  Nice to see you again.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

Fixedwheelnut

• "If it ain't fixed it's broken"
    • My photos
« Reply #2023 on: 20 June, 2012, 08:46:43 am »
Fixedwheelnut, who had dropped into the LFGSS South East drinks.  Nice to see you again.

And you Sir  ;D :thumbsup:
"Don't stop pedalling"

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2024 on: 20 June, 2012, 10:47:36 am »
I spotted a Butterfly (not unusual, but meeting her in Richmond Park was),a Charlotte, a Julian, a Wascally Weasel, a MsWeasel, and a pair of Pikes.

There were two tandems and four solos locked around a tree.  Shame that, for logistical reasons, there weren't another two tandems :(

The Pikes' tandem, in particular, seemed quite wobbly as it set off home.  As did the Wascallybike.  I think a good time was had. ;D

All of us spotted a Mr Boothby Graffoe who, while not a cyclist (as far as I know), is bloody funny.
Getting there...