Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 596455 times)

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #2050 on: 03 July, 2012, 01:04:50 pm »
You're stalking me, aren't you?

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #2051 on: 06 July, 2012, 11:02:05 pm »
Said Hi to someone with a carbon YACF jersey (Ham?) on Southwark Bridge tonight.  Sorry I didn't stop to chat but was hurrying home to do bedtime stories.  I was in the red and white Audax England jersey.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

« Reply #2052 on: 06 July, 2012, 11:10:19 pm »
No, wouldn't have been me (Carbon is not in the current wardrobe selection) although I can often be found on Southwark Bridge.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #2053 on: 07 July, 2012, 04:26:55 pm »
Iddu and Bloomers100 in a curry house in Dunmow yesterday.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #2054 on: 09 July, 2012, 10:01:27 am »
A wet Jurek heading up Perry Rise.  Probably with a week's supply of bananas in his courier bag. 

Also, admittedly not spotted by me but by my elder son: Valiant doing the sound at a gig in Limehouse Town Hall.

« Reply #2055 on: 09 July, 2012, 02:13:33 pm »
I saw Mr Bunbury's bike, but he wasn't on it. Does that count?

« Reply #2056 on: 09 July, 2012, 05:34:09 pm »
CrinklyLion and SmallestCub, waiting to cross the road on foot as I rode home from (appropriately) delivering CAKE to work.

Stopped for a chat, and SmallestCub and I compared bikes, which have a lot of similarities - red and grey colours, silver mudguards. I have a bell shaped like a teapot, but he has a (much cooler of course) Dennis the Menace sticker. He also told me he'd ridden 9, and before that he'd ridden 7, which which is much more than I have recently, assuming he means anything more than yards....
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #2057 on: 09 July, 2012, 06:32:34 pm »
Valiant around 17:30 on Turner's Road, heading toward Limehouse.  I gave a shout, but wasn't heard.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #2058 on: 10 July, 2012, 03:41:49 am »
Also, admittedly not spotted by me but by my elder son: Valiant doing the sound at a gig in Limehouse Town Hall.
Ah, was he a performer or just watching? How did he know it was I?

Valiant around 17:30 on Turner's Road, heading toward Limehouse.  I gave a shout, but wasn't heard.

Ah sowie! Earphones in. I thought I heard something and did glance around but you must have been beyond my vision. What were you doing on the back streets of Bow then?
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #2059 on: 10 July, 2012, 10:27:33 am »

Ah sowie! Earphones in. I thought I heard something and did glance around but you must have been beyond my vision. What were you doing on the back streets of Bow then?

There may have been a white van between us when you glanced.  In general, I've been commuting more on back streets, but I use that particular route when I grab a NorrisBike for my commute.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #2060 on: 10 July, 2012, 06:24:06 pm »

He'd mentioned he was going to the gig there and I said "Oh, I think Valiant off of the internets has been doing some work there" and he then said "I see from fartbook that your mate off the internets is going to be there" and then he said "Actually that Valiant chap is doing the sound".

Do you happen to know what happened to John Wall?  Son was expecting him to be performing - was he v v late or not there at all?

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #2061 on: 10 July, 2012, 08:28:46 pm »
Managed to spot Wowbagger as I came out of work earlier, heading down High Holborn.  We chatted nearly up to TCR where we headed in separate directions.  Brightened up my commute.  :D

« Reply #2062 on: 10 July, 2012, 08:49:49 pm »

He'd mentioned he was going to the gig there and I said "Oh, I think Valiant off of the internets has been doing some work there" and he then said "I see from fartbook that your mate off the internets is going to be there" and then he said "Actually that Valiant chap is doing the sound".

Do you happen to know what happened to John Wall?  Son was expecting him to be performing - was he v v late or not there at all?

Spotted, and was spotted by your two eldest at lunchtime today as I made my way to Forest Hill Station.
They acknowledged.
Does it count if they're off-forum?

bloomers100

• ACME's Head of Sexual Health and Family Planning
« Reply #2063 on: 10 July, 2012, 09:31:45 pm »
Bobb > The Chignalls this morning.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #2064 on: 10 July, 2012, 11:20:11 pm »

John was taken ill in the afternoon sadly. Which is a shame as I always like his performances.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #2065 on: 15 July, 2012, 06:09:57 pm »
That international jetsetter Deano, loading two (!) bikes onto the Trans-Pennine Express train from which we (tiptop and I) were alighting, at Northallerton station, a couple of hours ago.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #2066 on: 15 July, 2012, 06:16:54 pm »
Dinamo and Mini Dinamo at Carnivelo. Actually I didn't spot them but was spotted, I would have gone right past without noticing them if Dinamo had not called out and grabbed my arm!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #2067 on: 15 July, 2012, 08:04:44 pm »
Dinamo and Mini Dinamo at Carnivelo. Actually I didn't spot them but was spotted, I would have gone right past without noticing them if Dinamo had not called out and grabbed my arm!

Good to see you Cudzo !
Perhaps I should get a brighter YACF jersey and maybe one for Mini Dinamo   ???

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #2068 on: 15 July, 2012, 11:20:22 pm »
That international jetsetter Deano, loading two (!) bikes onto the Trans-Pennine Express train from which we (tiptop and I) were alighting, at Northallerton station, a couple of hours ago

That there Deano, attempting to unload 2 bikes on platform five at York station while a load of blithering idiots tried to get on the train at the same time as people were disembarking, concluding an extended YACF collaborative courier mission to acquire a bike for my mate Mim. 

He then got introduced to my eldest sister (who we met completely by accident as she and her sprogs where heading for a train back south) and, following a bit of a bike ride, my elder sister (source of very many entertaining pet-related anecdotes) and re-introduced to Granny Annie who fed us freshly baked cheese scones and Sunday lunch for tea and sent us on our way.

Last seen disappearing into the distance at some speed heading away from Stamford Bridge, when I realised that if he stuck to CrinklyPace he'd probably miss his train and sent him on his way with a supply of cheese scones.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #2069 on: 17 July, 2012, 01:57:46 pm »

Good to see you Cudzo !
Perhaps I should get a brighter YACF jersey and maybe one for Mini Dinamo   ???
The green looks good. But mini sizes are a very good idea, I reckon.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #2070 on: 17 July, 2012, 09:24:05 pm »
CrinklyLion and CrinklyAuntie, on foot in town as I laboured past on the Maximus this morning...
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #2071 on: 20 July, 2012, 10:34:39 am »
Si_Co, in my lounge :thumbsup:

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #2072 on: 20 July, 2012, 04:21:19 pm »
Arch, on her way to work as I was on my way to work, yesterday.

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
« Reply #2073 on: 20 July, 2012, 04:22:13 pm »
I passed a bloke with a yacf top on the embankment this morning - also a carradice bag.  I think I've seen him before. 
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #2074 on: 20 July, 2012, 08:02:08 pm »
was that Not so Total Newbie going west along Union Street in Southwark at about 6.15?
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?