Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 595121 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #2700 on: 04 September, 2013, 09:04:08 pm »
Emilio, formerly OTP, in the Brooks Bugle.
Getting there...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2701 on: 04 September, 2013, 09:18:39 pm »
Seen at the TA stand at Mildenhall:

DSCF1867 by TJ Clarion

DSCF1866 by TJ Clarion
Getting there...

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #2702 on: 04 September, 2013, 11:15:45 pm »
When did burly become unfavourable? It's what I'd call a solid, muscular bloke. And middle-aged is descriptive, not derogatory.

If either of you can think of a better description which conveys the desired information, please share it.

What's happening to language? Sturdy is now taken as a euphemism for fat by many people, which is bloody stupid. Now it seems we're about to lose burly, which is just as daft. Should I have written "differently slim"?  :facepalm:
He is stout. You are sturdy. We iz 'dimensionally challenged in occasional timeframes'  :)
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

« Reply #2703 on: 05 September, 2013, 08:31:22 am »
Juliet - in a copy of Linux Format.

"Cinnamon Girl"  ;)

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #2704 on: 07 September, 2013, 08:51:33 pm »
Not a forumite yet, but Sean, a young man from California who lives near Surrey Quays and comes here 'because it's friendly' whenever he needs advice. We met as I left work, in my purple yacf top, and he was putting his bike back together after a tour.
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #2705 on: 09 September, 2013, 03:19:43 pm »
Cycklisten, this morning, on a Brompton, bobbing and weaving through the traffic like a proper London commuter  :thumbsup:
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

jane

• Mad pie-hating female
« Reply #2706 on: 09 September, 2013, 03:46:52 pm »
A quick flick through London Cyclist reveals the words of our Jane. :thumbsup:
I had to chop a few miles off that route before they put it in!  Still has White Down in it though.

Steph

« Reply #2707 on: 10 September, 2013, 04:53:40 pm »
And another lurker today, at work, a young chap from Ireland who rode from home to Moscow for charity. I have pointed Gordon (what a silly name for a long-distance cyclist) in the direction of this parish, for he already knew of crazyguy.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #2708 on: 19 September, 2013, 11:46:05 am »
Another "2D" sighting, which awaits many of you when you get home today - this time it's Auntie Helen!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #2709 on: 19 September, 2013, 07:30:39 pm »
Auntie Helen, inna CTC magazine.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

Steph

« Reply #2710 on: 19 September, 2013, 11:56:50 pm »
Arellcat, OTVP, over a table and a cuppa this evening in "Look Mum No Hands" in Old St.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2711 on: 20 September, 2013, 11:31:46 am »
Don't get to see Arellcat or you anything like enough.
Getting there...

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #2712 on: 21 September, 2013, 08:34:37 am »
Another "2D" sighting, which awaits many of you when you get home today - this time it's Auntie Helen!
I still haven't received my copy!
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #2713 on: 21 September, 2013, 09:56:38 am »
I've received two copies  :smug:

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #2714 on: 21 September, 2013, 11:22:20 am »
So far this weekend....

Kim and Nikki, who appeared at the Den and then got dragged out to a gig where we spotted MrCharly (and Mrs MrCharly) and then this morning Interzen who called round to collect the intrepid Mordor-escapees and take them out for a gps data-generating bike ride in the name of Art.  With added cake plans.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #2715 on: 21 September, 2013, 08:59:51 pm »
Bledlow, at the side of a road south of Reading, whilst I fixed a puncture. We were on the same Reading CTC night ride to Lymington. I can report that (a) he looks nothing like the picture I had of him in my head (b) he lives nowhere near where I thought he did and (c) is a thoroughly nice bloke (even if he does have trouble reading his GPS).
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Arellcat

• Velonautte
« Reply #2716 on: 21 September, 2013, 10:12:27 pm »
Arellcat, OTVP, over a table and a cuppa this evening in "Look Mum No Hands" in Old St.

I'd nearly decided to spend a second teatime in Pizza Express!  I'd had my fill of mental car and taxi drivers though and rather fancied the more familiar environment of bikes, wooden tables and music, so I gave my GPS a workout and parked myself and Henrietta Brompton inside the cafe, whereupon Steph arrived.  :)  Tea, hot chocolate, caramel shortbread and conversation was much better than eating pizza by myself.

Steph suggested I take the Tube back to the hotel, it being quicker and less frenetic than dicing in traffic.  I said something about that costing money when I could just ride my bike instead.  I then spent the next 45 minutes playing cat and mouse along roads I didn't know, shouting at taxi drivers, and generally agog at how busy it all was.
Quote from: Morningsider
I like that you think any of your conveyances might qualify as "a disguise".

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #2717 on: 23 September, 2013, 12:16:30 pm »
Despite having been back on my Kingston to Westminster commute since late July, I only had my first sighting of Zipperhead since then today.  No sign yet of Little Miss Mac or Nosototalnewbie – although I think the latter no longer works in the same area of London as me.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2718 on: 23 September, 2013, 02:46:26 pm »
Steph suggested I take the Tube back to the hotel, it being quicker and less frenetic than dicing in traffic.  I said something about that costing money when I could just ride my bike instead.  I then spent the next 45 minutes playing cat and mouse along roads I didn't know, shouting at taxi drivers, and generally agog at how busy it all was.

Still better than the Tube, then...

Ruth

« Reply #2719 on: 23 September, 2013, 09:32:32 pm »
Yesterday: SlowCoach, who got to test hellymedic's biscuit recipe.  He parked his fabulous convertible outside my house.  I pretended it was mine.

Later he came back, along with Kim, Nikki (lovely to meet you!), Crinklylion and a brace of Cubs.  Lovely it was.  And my doorbell got fixed too, which is one of the bonuses of a YACF posse coming to your house.

Marvellous.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2720 on: 23 September, 2013, 10:17:51 pm »
Yesterday: SlowCoach, who got to test hellymedic's biscuit recipe.  He parked his fabulous convertible outside my house.  I pretended it was mine.

Later he came back, along with Kim, Nikki (lovely to meet you!), Crinklylion and a brace of Cubs.  Lovely it was.  And my doorbell got fixed too, which is one of the bonuses of a YACF posse coming to your house.

Marvellous.

The biscuits weren't bad, either...

fuzzy

« Reply #2721 on: 24 September, 2013, 09:51:59 am »
So far this weekend....

Kim and Nikki, who appeared at the Den and then got dragged out to a gig where we spotted MrCharly (and Mrs MrCharly) and then this morning Interzen who called round to collect the intrepid Mordor-escapees and take them out for a gps data-generating bike ride in the name of Art.  With added cake plans.

Do we need to pop accross to the CDC thread?

« Reply #2722 on: 01 October, 2013, 12:24:14 pm »
Despite having been back on my Kingston to Westminster commute since late July, I only had my first sighting of Zipperhead since then today.  No sign yet of Little Miss Mac or Nosototalnewbie – although I think the latter no longer works in the same area of London as me.

Hello!
I moved jobs at the end of last year and now cross at Albert Bridge and head north via Sloane Sq and Hyde Park, so less opportunity to bump into you. Leaving the house 10 minutes earlier probably also makes a difference. I haven't spotted Zipperhead in an age either...

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #2723 on: 01 October, 2013, 12:30:19 pm »
I spotted and shook the hand of zig zag yesterday lunch time just off Old Street.  WE met so I could hand over a freebie Etrex bar mount.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #2724 on: 01 October, 2013, 12:51:39 pm »
At the weekend I spotted loads of forumites in Newcastle, including some I have not met before (yoav, DaleFTW and Hedgebanger to name but 3).

On Sunday I saw Ruthie, maybe an unfair spotting as I was visiting her at her lovely new house.  That was when I went to the right house, that was :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State