Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 595103 times)

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #2850 on: 12 February, 2014, 07:49:10 pm »
CU on the train again.  This is becoming a habit.

Crinkley Uncle is becoming a rabbit?  Oh, no sorry.  These new specs are crap.  You won't believe what I paid for them.   >:(
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2851 on: 13 February, 2014, 09:25:40 am »
No.  He's becoming a hobbit!

Get my eyes checked?  I don't know what you mean!*

* actually, I do.  I should. :-[
Getting there...

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #2852 on: 13 February, 2014, 03:00:50 pm »
Sounds like the beginning of a joke: Crinkly Uncle, Rabbit and Mr Bunbury were on a train with a Hobbit...
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

bloomers100

• ACME's Head of Sexual Health and Family Planning
« Reply #2853 on: 16 February, 2014, 06:29:39 pm »
I saw and shouted at Wowbagger today in the Chignalls.

« Reply #2854 on: 20 February, 2014, 09:17:11 am »
NSTN lookin' good onna Brommie at Westferry about 45 minutes ago.
Much hollering and limb flapping was reciprocated. :)

Ruth

« Reply #2855 on: 20 February, 2014, 10:50:32 am »
A brace of lovely Wowbaggers  :)

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #2856 on: 20 February, 2014, 08:56:42 pm »
That jsabine, in the Country Girl. 
 :demon: *adds to list of forumites lured here.*  :demon:
Mr. jsabine is a gentleman and good egg.  :thumbsup:
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2857 on: 21 February, 2014, 10:06:38 am »
I *think* I may have spotted Valiant's mate Dave (is he a forumite here?  He's a good sort, whatever) on a yellow Condor trackstanding (like a Boss seems to be the thing to say here) near The Den yesterday.
Getting there...

« Reply #2858 on: 21 February, 2014, 02:34:16 pm »
That jsabine, in the Country Girl. 
 :demon: *adds to list of forumites lured here.*  :demon:
Mr. jsabine is a gentleman and good egg.  :thumbsup:

I didn't realise I was going on a list until it was too late ...

You too sir: a pleasure, and one to be repeated I hope.

« Reply #2859 on: 21 February, 2014, 08:45:46 pm »

T'was a pleasure to see you, especially after the last time when I couldn't make you hear me!

(I only heard the last syllable of my name though, and for a second thought you were just some nutter going 'aaaaaaaaaargh!')

« Reply #2860 on: 21 February, 2014, 08:46:45 pm »
I *think* I may have spotted Valiant's mate Dave (is he a forumite here?  He's a good sort, whatever) on a yellow Condor trackstanding (like a Boss seems to be the thing to say here) near The Den yesterday.

I've spotted him a couple of times, but I only met him the once when we all rode to Windsor, so don't expect he'd have a clue who I was...

« Reply #2861 on: 21 February, 2014, 09:39:04 pm »

T'was a pleasure to see you, especially after the last time when I couldn't make you hear me!

(I only heard the last syllable of my name though, and for a second thought you were just some nutter going 'aaaaaaaaaargh!')
Usually, I am just some nutter going aaaaaaaargh!  ;) :-*

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2862 on: 21 February, 2014, 10:42:02 pm »
Were you needing a sig line, Jurek? ;D
Getting there...

Ruth

« Reply #2863 on: 23 February, 2014, 01:16:48 pm »
Wowbagger and Mrs Wowbagger, as I said goodbye to them on the train on the way home  :(

I must say, I did have a rather jolly time with them, it was a joy to meet MrsWow, I hope that's the start of something there, she appears to be a keeper.

They stayed at  my place for a few days last week, hopefully they got to see a little of the local Ps of I, while I was at work.  A day spodding and pottering while I packed my stuff for a weekend away with bikes, then a train up to wonderful Alnmouth on Friday evening.  There was a short night ride down the hill from the station, past the Friary and into the pub.  There was food.  There was beer. 

Wowbagger has already reported thoroughly on our ride yesterday, and what a lovely day it was.

And this morning?  A freewheel down to the estuary to admire the vanilla sky reflected in a stunning sea out towards Coquet Island, then a quick fettle and a ride to the station.

I feel better for that.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #2864 on: 24 February, 2014, 01:36:10 am »
I wondered about your good self, OD (but then don't we all  :-*).

Good work Wow, that made me snort  :thumbsup:
In case of doubt, I've met OD (twice as it happens and it was a joy on both occasions).

Thank you Mr Br, you're lovely too. I must try to get up to Manchester again in the foreseeable future.

Oi Wow, what does "MPD" mean?

In that context, Musky Pelts of Destiny.  :D
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #2865 on: 24 February, 2014, 01:39:38 am »
Wowbagger and Mrs Wowbagger, as I said goodbye to them on the train on the way home  :(

I must say, I did have a rather jolly time with them, it was a joy to meet MrsWow, I hope that's the start of something there, she appears to be a keeper.

They stayed at  my place for a few days last week, hopefully they got to see a little of the local Ps of I, while I was at work.  A day spodding and pottering while I packed my stuff for a weekend away with bikes, then a train up to wonderful Alnmouth on Friday evening.  There was a short night ride down the hill from the station, past the Friary and into the pub.  There was food.  There was beer. 

Wowbagger has already reported thoroughly on our ride yesterday, and what a lovely day it was.

And this morning?  A freewheel down to the estuary to admire the vanilla sky reflected in a stunning sea out towards Coquet Island, then a quick fettle and a ride to the station.

I feel better for that.

I was a little confused when I found out that we had been staying at Michael Fassbender's house but now I understand and yes, we spotted Michael and she was a delight!
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #2866 on: 24 February, 2014, 07:12:03 pm »
Black yacf jersey in the Childrey/Letcombe Bassett (South Oxfordshire) area over the weekend?

Anyone?

shyumu

• Paying my TV license by cheque since 1993
    • Balancing on Two Wheels
« Reply #2867 on: 26 February, 2014, 04:42:36 pm »

I feel better for that.

I was a little confused when I found out that we had been staying at Michael Fassbender's house but now I understand and yes, we spotted Michael and she was a delight!

It is confusing the way David Boreanaz has changed his name.  Of course, "Angel" might be a Private Eye reference:

a journal of bicycle rides I have enjoyed:

http://balancingontwowheels.blogspot.co.uk/

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2868 on: 26 February, 2014, 05:48:58 pm »

You're not the only one.

I thought Michael Fassbender was a random newbie.   :facepalm:

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2869 on: 26 February, 2014, 07:14:26 pm »

You're not the only one.

I thought Michael Fassbender was a random newbie.   :facepalm:
The clue was in a post that gave a linky to some flickr pictures...

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #2870 on: 27 February, 2014, 09:58:24 am »
I spotted roffa in Rotterdam.

Does it count that I spotted him before he became a forumite?

And does it doubly-count that Wunja was also with me at the time, so that's three forumites...
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #2871 on: 27 February, 2014, 12:56:25 pm »
A Kim-a-like at the University in Telford this morning - I did several doubletakes before I was sure it wasn't actually Kim...

...and a Wowbagger look-alikee in a broken down car in Shrewsbury as well.

Not quite forumite spotting - but there seem to be lots of doppelgangers around at the moment.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #2872 on: 27 February, 2014, 01:10:14 pm »
A Kim-a-like at the University in Telford this morning - I did several doubletakes before I was sure it wasn't actually Kim...

...and a Wowbagger look-alikee in a broken down car in Shrewsbury as well.

Not quite forumite spotting - but there seem to be lots of doppelgangers around at the moment.

YACF meets Children of the Corn? :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #2873 on: 02 March, 2014, 01:06:08 pm »
Bloomers100 and his fixie kru shreddin, I think that's what these youngsters call it, out by Margaretting Tye.

Ruth

« Reply #2874 on: 02 March, 2014, 05:31:23 pm »
mcshroom, but that's because I went away with him for the weekend, so that might be cheating.  I had a stupendous time up in the Cheviots.

On the way home I think I might have overtaken Deano, strongly cresting a steepish incline somewhere between Scotland and England.