Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 595119 times)

Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #3000 on: 30 June, 2014, 10:25:59 pm »
So who was that in a yellow YACF top in central Manchester tonight? Ti road bike with discs...

« Reply #3001 on: 30 June, 2014, 10:31:44 pm »
I'll bet that was ChocolatebikeAndrewBr.

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #3002 on: 02 July, 2014, 05:08:59 pm »
In an Essex CTC top, Flat Bars Steve IIRC returning from the Test Valley with trailer and Discovery.
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

« Reply #3003 on: 02 July, 2014, 11:13:12 pm »
Who did I see in the red yacf top, on a Brompton with carridice. Making good progress over London bridge south bound just before 6pm?
I was on foot in mufti so no reason to have seen me, you were past before I could even think of calling out.

« Reply #3004 on: 02 July, 2014, 11:22:37 pm »
So who was that in a yellow YACF top in central Manchester tonight? Ti road bike with discs...

You missed the Rohloff !
Yes, that was me on my way up to Helen's.
Where did you see me alex and, more interestingly, what were you doing in MCR ?

« Reply #3005 on: 03 July, 2014, 09:20:14 am »
Who did I see in the red yacf top, on a Brompton with carridice. Making good progress over London bridge south bound just before 6pm?
I was on foot in mufti so no reason to have seen me, you were past before I could even think of calling out.

That would be me.. Hello.. <waves>

<feels smug at reports of good progress ona Brompton>
Just someone's butler

« Reply #3006 on: 03 July, 2014, 09:23:57 am »
Two this week! NSTN yesterday morning on CS3, and Jurek this morning in Limehouse.

« Reply #3007 on: 03 July, 2014, 04:42:22 pm »
Aww, I didn't see you, Phil!

« Reply #3008 on: 03 July, 2014, 06:03:09 pm »

You missed the Rohloff !
Yes, that was me on my way up to Helen's.
Where did you see me alex and, more interestingly, what were you doing in MCR ?

I was on foot and at a conference.
I did spot the bike was hub-geared, but there's only so much you can take in when you're supposed to be having a conversation with a colleague!

« Reply #3009 on: 04 July, 2014, 11:08:13 am »
toekneecap and gilltoekneecap, lately otp.

Stayed over last night prior to departing for Harrogate en velo this morning.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #3010 on: 05 July, 2014, 02:24:42 pm »
Mrcharly, watching the tour in Ripon.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #3011 on: 06 July, 2014, 11:58:35 pm »
SlowCoach in Knaresborough, as I wandered in with my Tandem Club chums. He was easy to spot, as he was wearing his YACF jersey.  I was in mufti (my Fridays jersey) and riding a borrowed bendy bike, on account of having a gert split in the rear rim of my own steed.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #3012 on: 07 July, 2014, 12:51:35 am »
ICA in VIP
It is simpler than it looks.

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #3013 on: 07 July, 2014, 10:30:10 am »
The former Ms Weasel spotted a YACF jersey wearing recumbent rider in the area of Knaresborough yesterday on her way to the station - possibly a blue jersey?

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #3014 on: 07 July, 2014, 10:36:41 am »
The former Ms Weasel spotted a YACF jersey wearing recumbent rider in the area of Knaresborough yesterday on her way to the station - possibly a blue jersey?

That will be "Slow"coach

I spotted him on Saturday, first at my house, drinking coffee, then, numerous times, ahead of me as we rode to Wormald Green to watch the caravan then the pros ride through.

I didn't spot anyone I knew, or get spotted myself, on Sunday, as I was not in dress uniform (aka in a YACF shirt), and was hiding behind Mrs T, TLD and a couple of others at the bus stop at the bottom end of Knaresborough high street.

ETA: I almost forgot (sorry). Ham and Mrs Ham in Oxenhope, where we were fed gorgeous food, our bellies filled with food and the car filled with bike stuff.  The Midges enjoyed getting their fill too!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #3015 on: 07 July, 2014, 03:24:16 pm »
I thought a purple jersey in those parts was likely to be you, darkpoint, but I've never seen you on a Brompton (at least, not that I recall).

The Brompton commute is a recent change,  I have a new shiny job :-) but I am 53rd on the wait list to use the underground carpark. :-(

You might want to double-check you're on the waiting list for the correct building - just spoke to a colleague and she had to wait two weeks for a space (and was 5th in the queue). There's apparently loads of empty spaces down there and they do the re-allocation exercise once a month. At the other building spaces are like gold dust and people working there tend to park here and walk.
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #3016 on: 07 July, 2014, 04:33:26 pm »
If you were / will be watching it on the telly, I'm on the riders' right at the point where the road narrows immediately after the last bit of Epping Forest.  Black T-shaped shirt with a Gatling-gun-wielding badger on it; next to the young lady in the black leather mini-skirt (she's a lot more likely to be on the telly than me).
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #3017 on: 07 July, 2014, 04:42:42 pm »
<snip> last bit of Epping Forest.  <snip>  the young lady in the black leather mini-skirt

Ah! A little bit of Spain comes to the UK! :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #3018 on: 07 July, 2014, 05:12:08 pm »
NSTN spotted me watching the Tour in the park in Hebden Bridge yesterday. I have a horrible feeling I wasn't polite enough to stand up, but I claim extreme knackerdness having discovered that Yorkshire really is quite hilly. (I knew that, obv, but that's my first time on a bike up there.)

**Waves hello to NSTN and Rob**
Rust never sleeps

rr

« Reply #3019 on: 07 July, 2014, 06:04:18 pm »
Me twice in the Essex Td'F coverage at the feed zone from the back just after Tommy was biting his bag and from the front in the crash coverage.

« Reply #3020 on: 07 July, 2014, 06:11:10 pm »
Met Iddu in the spectator hub at Hawes - apologies if I wasn't quite as polite as I might have been - the organisers of our trip, and the manufacturers of Yorkshire hills were conspiring to grind me down into a quivering wreck!
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #3021 on: 07 July, 2014, 06:14:51 pm »
3h 32m 57s into the live coverage :thumbsup: Ms Black Leather Mini-Skirt is wearing a white top...
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #3022 on: 07 July, 2014, 10:10:57 pm »
NSTN spotted me watching the Tour in the park in Hebden Bridge yesterday. I have a horrible feeling I wasn't polite enough to stand up, but I claim extreme knackerdness having discovered that Yorkshire really is quite hilly. (I knew that, obv, but that's my first time on a bike up there.)

**Waves hello to NSTN and Rob**
NSTN Gets About A Bit. I too was nstn'd on Saturday, we had chosen the same spot (within 5m) on the rise out of Skipton.  Shortly thereafter I managed to spot a Wooly and a Peli (not difficult as I had knocked on their door) and a little later, as has been previously recounted, a Tiermat, Mrs Teirmat and TLD. Again a little cheat as Ihad bribed them with food.

All in all, a reet grand day oot.

« Reply #3023 on: 08 July, 2014, 08:31:16 am »
Cudzoziemiec in my kitchen yesterday morning after riding the Jack Eason struggle on Sun, and Damerell at various points on the same ride.
not so much a gravel grinder.... more of a gravel groveller

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #3024 on: 08 July, 2014, 09:12:24 am »
Moultonaught in his kitchen!  :D
Damerell at various points on the same ride.
I didn't realise he was another YACFer. He didn't comment on my jersey - or are we talking about different people?
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.