Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 596477 times)

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #3375 on: 29 June, 2015, 11:23:01 pm »
That there Wascally Weasel, just now, in our kitchen, supping lager. Lovely evening! I apologise for the dog's behaviour...

Lovely to see you all! The dog was fine, my fault for having far too tempting bloody chainring tattoos on my legs.

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #3376 on: 29 June, 2015, 11:23:39 pm »
Something about seatposts I heard.

Did you?!  News travels fast in these parts!
Milk please, no sugar.

ian

« Reply #3377 on: 30 June, 2015, 07:46:03 am »
For the first time ever, I saw someone in a YACF top. I understandably hid in a bush until the threat had passed.
Where?
What time?
What colour?
Trajectory?
These Are Things We All Have To Know.

The evocatively named River Pool Linear Park (the Waterlink Way) between Lower Sydenham and Catford. A group of cyclists heading south, though they'd stopped, probably to rob the local kids. One of them wore the top. About 3.30pm on Sunday afternoon. I was heading north on a blue Brompton, looking intent because I had to be at the Hormiman Museum in 15 minutes.

« Reply #3378 on: 30 June, 2015, 09:44:13 pm »
For the first time ever, I saw someone in a YACF top. I understandably hid in a bush until the threat had passed.
Where?
What time?
What colour?
Trajectory?
These Are Things We All Have To Know.

The evocatively named River Pool Linear Park (the Waterlink Way) between Lower Sydenham and Catford. A group of cyclists heading south, though they'd stopped, probably to rob the local kids. One of them wore the top. About 3.30pm on Sunday afternoon. I was heading north on a blue Brompton, looking intent because I had to be at the Hormiman Museum in 15 minutes.

We were on the waterlink way on Sunday. Clarion and I were both wearing yacf jerseys I think. Unusually he had the duck on his bike and I had panniers that suggested a week's tour rather than a day's poodling about with Pollards Hill Cyclists. So it could well have been us.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #3379 on: 01 July, 2015, 09:33:30 am »
Adamski not on his bike in the Greenwich foot tunnel as I commuted from SE23 to EC4 via E11 for two hours of sunny deviations.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #3380 on: 01 July, 2015, 08:28:25 pm »
That Jsabine and that Manotea drinking teh beers in the Shakespeare in Brum.
Mr. Sabine is of course, a perfect gentleman.  But who knew?  So is Manotea.   :thumbsup:
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #3381 on: 01 July, 2015, 10:46:23 pm »
Adamski, yesterday, by Cascades, on his way back from the fang doctor - as he called it.

« Reply #3382 on: 02 July, 2015, 04:50:45 am »
Pip dancing on a stage in Annapolis. Didn't get chance to say hello though :-(
California Dreaming

« Reply #3383 on: 02 July, 2015, 03:47:28 pm »
Belated report from Sunday; someone zipping past me on the Great Manchester Cycle saying "OI OI FORUMITE!" - no idea who they were though …

ian

« Reply #3384 on: 03 July, 2015, 09:39:03 am »

We were on the waterlink way on Sunday. Clarion and I were both wearing yacf jerseys I think. Unusually he had the duck on his bike and I had panniers that suggested a week's tour rather than a day's poodling about with Pollards Hill Cyclists. So it could well have been us.

I whizzed through so fast I only caught site the dread four letters. Well, fast for me on a Brompton. My brain was insisting on reminding me that it's probably more than 15 minutes ride from there to the Horniman Museum (about 20 as it turned out, but I went via Honor Oak to avoid the fume-filled joys of the South Circular).

« Reply #3385 on: 03 July, 2015, 10:16:42 am »
Saw a red YACF jersey wizz past me - going the other way - through Hyde park at about 8.45 this morning. I called Y-A-C-F but the speedy cyclist was gone...

Hello, whoever you were  :)
not so much a gravel grinder.... more of a gravel groveller

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #3386 on: 04 July, 2015, 08:40:35 pm »
Mrs. B and I were driving to Lichfield today when we spotted kim making good progress in the traffic in the other direction on the Bristol Road.
There's Kim, I chirp.
Who?
A cyclist I know.  She just went by on a recumbent.
A what?
Doesn't matter.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3387 on: 04 July, 2015, 10:56:21 pm »
To be fair, I was invisible.

« Reply #3388 on: 05 July, 2015, 12:16:52 pm »
Other way round to many spottings but as I left the café in Ely yesterday in my Orange yacf jersey Wobbly Bob appeared in civvies to introduce himself. So hello again Wobbly.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3389 on: 05 July, 2015, 01:42:13 pm »
Ariadne, in the pages of Camping magazine, talking about plans for her forthcoming wedding. :)
Getting there...

« Reply #3390 on: 05 July, 2015, 02:52:20 pm »
And Alex B on Tooting common on his way to the Dun Run  :). One day I'll recognise him before his bike  :-[
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3391 on: 06 July, 2015, 11:12:35 am »
Folkdevil, in our kitchen.  What a nice chap :)
Getting there...

« Reply #3392 on: 07 July, 2015, 06:09:54 pm »
And Alex B on Tooting common on his way to the Dun Run  :). One day I'll recognise him before his bike  :-[

"Oh! It's you!" [looking at bike]
Classic greeting!

It was great to see the three of you. If it's any consolation, I was eyeing up your bike as well. Lovely lugwork!

Graeme

• @fatherhilarious.blog 🦋
    • Graeme's Blog
« Reply #3393 on: 07 July, 2015, 07:53:43 pm »
Ruthie and Steph in Durham tea shop. Fizzy drinks in jam jars.

« Reply #3394 on: 07 July, 2015, 08:00:10 pm »
Other way round to many spottings but as I left the café in Ely yesterday in my Orange yacf jersey Wobbly Bob John appeared in civvies to introduce himself. So hello again Wobbly.

FTFY  :demon:
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #3395 on: 07 July, 2015, 08:25:02 pm »
Ruthie and Steph in Durham tea shop. Fizzy drinks in jam jars.
And (for some) CAIK
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

Graeme

• @fatherhilarious.blog 🦋
    • Graeme's Blog
« Reply #3396 on: 07 July, 2015, 09:47:54 pm »
Ooh, I nearly forgot:

Apart from suffering tearooms that don't know how to spell caik... Ruthie and I were taught to say gala. :)

I still think it is irresponsible to have alcohol on sale at a 'Minors Gala' thobut.

Steph

« Reply #3397 on: 07 July, 2015, 10:27:35 pm »
Minors? Those of us (me) of more mature years hit the vintage clothing shops...
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #3398 on: 07 July, 2015, 10:32:15 pm »
Ooh, did you try your top on yet?
Milk please, no sugar.

Steph

« Reply #3399 on: 07 July, 2015, 10:46:16 pm »
Yes, fits well and is long enough