Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 596480 times)

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #150 on: 07 April, 2009, 04:32:05 pm »
… and you reaching for that empty holster on your hip!
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #151 on: 07 April, 2009, 04:41:20 pm »
Reminds me.

A certain forumite with pink/red hair on a heavily loaded utility bike going along Upper Richmond Road in Putney a couple of weeks ago (it was a Monday night I think).

I saw her as well, when she got to Fairfield Street. When the lights changed I caught up and we cycled along for a bit chatting.
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

Really Ancien

« Reply #152 on: 07 April, 2009, 05:06:05 pm »
I spotted Blackburnrod out doing some sneaky time-trial training on Longmeanygate in Midge Hall.

Damon.

On where?!? ;D

About half a mile from here.
The delightfully named Longmeanygate, Leyland:: OS grid SD5223 :: Geograph British Isles - photograph every grid square!
Meanygate is a contraction of 'Main Wain Gate',  a road parallel to a main road to carry heavy wagons.

Damon.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #153 on: 07 April, 2009, 11:24:42 pm »
Was it two forumites (a pair?) that I spotted this evening at Astley on the East Lancashire Road? And just where were you going behind that hedge?

I know it's Spring and all that but please! Decorum and Decency!
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #154 on: 12 April, 2009, 01:05:08 pm »
Possible Peli spotted in RP doing some clockwise laps at a quick pace (quicker than me therefore insanely fast!).
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #155 on: 12 April, 2009, 01:20:02 pm »
Various VC167 riders at Boston McD's and another team at the garage in Lincoln. All out on an easter arrow.
I was spotted crossing the Humber bridge in the early hrs by a forumite. He must have been in a car as I got a text asking if it was me later the same day.

« Reply #156 on: 12 April, 2009, 02:14:23 pm »
Greenbank: I was indeed doing clockwise laps today and yesterday. :) what were you riding? Fixed?

Hilldodger

« Reply #157 on: 12 April, 2009, 02:22:31 pm »
There should be a few at Cyclemagic next weekend 18/19th :)

Cyclemagic.org.uk

« Reply #158 on: 12 April, 2009, 02:22:52 pm »
Greenbank: I was indeed doing clockwise laps today and yesterday. :) what were you riding? Fixed?

Nope. The shiny new bike. :)

Knocked 10 minutes of my 3-lap time (sounds impressive but it's only down to 66:25, and the previous time was on a cold February night on fixed with a heavy bag).
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

alan

« Reply #159 on: 12 April, 2009, 05:30:32 pm »
Were any forummers roaming the New Forest near Brockenhurst or Lymington twixt 1000 & 1400 today.You may have been one of the several cyclists I saw  playing

Zoidburg

« Reply #160 on: 12 April, 2009, 06:01:03 pm »
I have seen a chap at Stafford train station a few times lately with a Cotic Roadrat running flats and a front disc, I did ask if it was a fixed as the sprocket looked like a freewheel to be honest - he didn't seem very keen on conversation.  :-\

« Reply #161 on: 12 April, 2009, 06:49:12 pm »
Things  1 & 2, in South Norwood on their superleggera tandem, whilst I was on *ahem* motorised two wheels.

Greetings were exchanged.  :)

« Reply #162 on: 12 April, 2009, 06:55:21 pm »
Ariadne in Portobello, Edinburgh heading East, with ?  1 o'clockish.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #163 on: 12 April, 2009, 07:03:29 pm »
Naggers in a pub today at Hammersmith, he is getting a year older tomorrow, the old git :)
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
« Reply #164 on: 13 April, 2009, 03:12:23 pm »
Crystal Tips on the NCR1, just North of Carrington.  I was heading out to the Granites.

« Reply #165 on: 13 April, 2009, 04:13:06 pm »
Yep, that was me - heading out to play in my new tent in North Berwick. I was with Corvine, who came out for a bit of a ride on his road bike. Sorry I didn't say hello!

« Reply #166 on: 13 April, 2009, 05:11:09 pm »
Crystal Tips on the NCR1, just North of Carrington.  I was heading out to the Granites.

I considered claiming I'd seen you too but I confess I didnt. I am sociable and say hello to everyone though! You must have passed Andy Pandy too, he was (as ever) a fair bit ahead of me.

Well done on the Granites - a beautiful day for it. I am cream crackered enough after a trip to the reservoir - 6 months off the bike due to a dodgy hip has certainly taken it's toll  :(

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
« Reply #167 on: 13 April, 2009, 05:20:28 pm »

I considered claiming I'd seen you too but I confess I didnt. I am sociable and say hello to everyone though! You must have passed Andy Pandy too, he was (as ever) a fair bit ahead of me.

Well done on the Granites - a beautiful day for it. I am cream crackered enough after a trip to the reservoir - 6 months off the bike due to a dodgy hip has certainly taken it's toll  :(

I only noticed it was you as you passed, which didn't me give enough time to say hello.  You did, however, give me a polite wee 'fellow cyclist' wave.  By the way, the Granites was nothing; yesterday I went up and down Redstone Rigg.  It's only when you go down it you realise how f'in steep it is.

« Reply #168 on: 13 April, 2009, 06:36:41 pm »
The Things whizzing down the hill to Kingston Gate in Richmond Park this afternoon at about three o'clock :)

« Reply #169 on: 13 April, 2009, 07:48:25 pm »

same again today but aout 12.00 heading west?

I was hanging over the garden gate, as you do on a sunny public hol when you have 3 girls and 2 big girl cousins to look after.

« Reply #170 on: 13 April, 2009, 08:30:22 pm »

same again today but aout 12.00 heading west?

I was hanging over the garden gate, as you do on a sunny public hol when you have 3 girls and 2 big girl cousins to look after.

Going home! Funny, I actually looked for you at what I thought was your house, thinking it would be cool to see you. I obviously had the wrong house!

« Reply #171 on: 13 April, 2009, 08:55:18 pm »
The Things whizzing down the hill to Kingston Gate in Richmond Park this afternoon at about three o'clock :)

We've been spotted? Again!

Dobbin was having a shakedown ride today following lots of maintenance. He is a fantastic bike. We've done 700 miles on Kat since we last rode him, but we wouldn't take any other bike touring. He is just made to carry luggage.

Sorry to Jurek for being a bit random yesterday - neither of us was particularly awake, and we were suffering navigation difficulties. Gravesend to Morden isn't the easiest routes to navigate when you only have a set of written instructions on how to get from Morden to Gravesend, especially when we didn't take that route on the way out....

Emma
California Dreaming

« Reply #172 on: 13 April, 2009, 10:57:24 pm »

You did, however, give me a polite wee 'fellow cyclist' wave.  By the way, the Granites was nothing; yesterday I went up and down Redstone Rigg.  It's only when you go down it you realise how f'in steep it is.

I went down the Rigg yesterday, but didn't see you !

I also had a major grump at a car who decided to pull out in front of me beyond the bottom of the Rigg at the cattle grid.  >:(

And another major grump for the group of time-triallists and helpers etc at Duns yesterday who didn't acknowledge a fellow cyclist.   >:(

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #173 on: 14 April, 2009, 10:21:15 am »
I spotted a Mal Volio at the weekend, but he wasn't on a bike :)
Getting there...

« Reply #174 on: 20 April, 2009, 11:36:31 am »
Not strictly speaking a member of this forum, but I spotted Mr Legg hammering southward along Streatham High Road, when I was leisurely making my way north on my commute this morning.  We exchanged waves and a grin.
Actually, it is rocket science.