Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 596503 times)

Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #250 on: 30 June, 2009, 12:03:55 pm »
Also spotted you, I think, in Richmond Park (anticlockwise) on Sat 20th, 9.30 or so, in full tri-bar mode.

« Reply #251 on: 30 June, 2009, 12:48:33 pm »
Also spotted you, I think, in Richmond Park (anticlockwise) on Sat 20th, 9.30 or so, in full tri-bar mode.

Not me. I was looking after my 2 year old niece that weekend and didn't touch the bike.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #252 on: 30 June, 2009, 04:23:07 pm »
Also last night, TimO on the Fulham Road with serious rear lights in use.

Yes, that would be me, I went that way for a bit of variety, and I never normally go that way.

The Dinotte was on, but on it's lowest, dimmest setting, and the redundant Cateye needs some new batteries, so wasn't all that bright.
Actually, it is rocket science.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #253 on: 01 July, 2009, 09:07:09 am »
I think I spotted geraldc last night on his small wheeled bike blasting down Lower Thames Street around 7pm.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #254 on: 03 July, 2009, 04:44:55 pm »
Spotted: BentMikey by Aunty C, last night at the Albert Memorial.  Thanks for stopping to say hello!  Sorry I couldn't stop when we passed again by HPC after 21.00, I was in a rush to get home.
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #255 on: 04 July, 2009, 08:13:52 am »
There might be the odd one in Hackney tonight.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #256 on: 04 July, 2009, 10:25:34 am »
There might be several odd ones in Hackney tonight and some very odd ones.  :D
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #257 on: 04 July, 2009, 10:31:32 am »
WARNING!

Never look at a Rogerzilla bike with the naked eye.
Always wear shades.
Quote from: Marbeaux
Have given this a great deal of thought and decided not to contribute to any further Threads for the time being.
POTD. (decade) :thumbsup:

« Reply #258 on: 11 July, 2009, 12:07:20 am »
I spotted AlexB tonight. Well at least I spotted his beautiful bike, going up Ritherdon Road in Balham, whilst I was sitting outside the restaurant formerly known as Ferrari's, and I assume that he was on top of it. By the time I'd remembered who's bike it was (My friends gave me a very odd look when I shouted 'I know that bike!), He was well away up the road to Tooting Common :D.

« Reply #259 on: 11 July, 2009, 12:18:27 am »
Yep that would have been me alright. I spotted a nice Galaxy with a saddlebag chained up around the corner, was that anything to do with you?

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #260 on: 11 July, 2009, 07:58:03 am »
I spotted Delthebike and SimonP at my dining table last night, and then I spotted AndrewC at the pub!   ;D
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #261 on: 11 July, 2009, 08:04:46 am »
I'm taking my "I Spy Book of YACF Cyclists" on the Manchester to Blackpool ride tomorrow. We have already established that Chocolatebike will be there but out of around six or seven thousand riders I'm hoping to tick off one or two more.

« Reply #262 on: 11 July, 2009, 10:24:29 am »
Yep that would have been me alright. I spotted a nice Galaxy with a saddlebag chained up around the corner, was that anything to do with you?
Yes that was mine :D. I'm beginning to worry that I might be losing it - recognising bikes, not their rider's ::-) ;)  :-[.

« Reply #263 on: 15 July, 2009, 12:18:20 am »
On my way to work this morning I was passed by a low flying Benborp
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

« Reply #264 on: 25 July, 2009, 08:32:30 pm »
Last night queueing in traffic on the A11 heading towards Suffolk, a cyclist flew past us and was half way up the road as we both said "that was Zipperhead!"  :D

border-rider

« Reply #265 on: 25 July, 2009, 08:50:07 pm »
A slightly flustered Panoramix at about 10 last night :)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #266 on: 27 July, 2009, 03:52:37 pm »
Last week on my way home (thurs eve, IIRC), I saw a knee bandage and a Colnago, with a  rider attached, swooping through the junction at Clapham North.
Getting there...

« Reply #267 on: 27 July, 2009, 07:48:51 pm »
Yes that was mine :D. I'm beginning to worry that I might be losing it - recognising bikes, not their rider's ::-) ;)  :-[.

I find it more worrying that we've met often enough for us to recognise each other's bikes, but I can't for the life of me remember what your name is! There are quite a few people that I have this problem with...

alan

« Reply #268 on: 27 July, 2009, 08:01:29 pm »
Yesterday I saw MSeries,ChrisN,Rich Forest & Mr. Banbury plus a couple pf other yacf shirt wearers who I don't know:all at LEL Thorne control.

« Reply #269 on: 27 July, 2009, 08:07:27 pm »
I met Marj through the medium of CAKE.   MSeries carried a couple of slices from Thorne to Middleton Tyas for me.  I'll never hear the end of it.

Lovely cake, though - cheers, alan & Marj!

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #270 on: 01 August, 2009, 09:47:52 am »
My bike was spotted by Em on Thursday evening outside a purveyor of cocoa based products in Spitalfields:

Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #271 on: 02 August, 2009, 05:40:37 pm »
I'm sure I spotted an ACF jersey while I was stood at the side of the A624 coming out of Glossop on the Phil and Friends ride.

He flashed by so quickly (and I was too busy eating the sausage sarnie) that I didn't even see the bike.

Fixedwheelnut

• "If it ain't fixed it's broken"
    • My photos
« Reply #272 on: 05 August, 2009, 12:02:35 am »
My bike was spotted by Em on Thursday evening outside a purveyor of cocoa based products in Spitalfields:

;D ;D love the little PS at the bottom  ;D
"Don't stop pedalling"

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #273 on: 05 August, 2009, 12:49:39 am »
;D ;D love the little PS at the bottom  ;D

It didn't work though - without my reading glasses on, I can't read anything that small.  ;D
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #274 on: 15 August, 2009, 08:58:22 pm »
This morning: Delthebike, AuntieHelen et al. sitting outside a cafe near the Tower of London before their ride to Southend.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup: