Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 595129 times)

Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #275 on: 16 August, 2009, 04:25:58 pm »
Seen today: her_welshness, p47 of the current London Cyclist mag, doing her darndest to recruit people to the Lewisham Cyclists during bike week  :thumbsup:

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #276 on: 16 August, 2009, 11:40:00 pm »
Seen on Thursday night in Parson's Green:  An LEL jersey-wearer, riding a fixed wheeled bike.

On closer inspection, it turned out to be a lesser-spotted Greenbank.

:)
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #277 on: 17 August, 2009, 06:44:39 am »
On closer inspection, it turned out to be a lesser-spotted Greenbank.

The tetracycline is working, then?
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #278 on: 17 August, 2009, 08:10:51 am »
Yesterday outside Wythenshawe Park- Ed O Brain and Maffie on their family bike. It looked hard work !

« Reply #279 on: 17 August, 2009, 10:00:30 am »
An LEL jersey-wearer, riding a fixed wheeled bike.

They'll have to prise that jersey out of my cold dead hands. :)
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #280 on: 21 August, 2009, 09:33:09 pm »
Exchanged about a dozen words with someone from here half an hour ago on my commute, between Streatham and Norbury.  With various cars, and other cyclists about it was hard to have much of a conversation, and whilst he knew me from FNRttCs, and I think I recognised him (although people in helmets always tend to look the same to me!), I didn't get his forum name, so own up, whoever you are. ;D
Actually, it is rocket science.

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #281 on: 21 August, 2009, 09:37:57 pm »
Today in Witham, a forumite in a Chelmer CC top at the traffic lights on Spinks Lane.

I *think* she said her forum name was "Jess", but it might have been "Jez", but I'm rubbish at remembering stuff like that  :-[
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

« Reply #282 on: 23 August, 2009, 10:38:46 pm »
At the Golden Cross, Saunderton (Bucks): Mr Spooner again, wearing an LEL jersey, & nattering about a rather fit young Italian lady he met on that epic event.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #283 on: 23 August, 2009, 10:51:30 pm »
I saw BPOAB a few days ago. In a pub.  :thumbsup:
It is simpler than it looks.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #284 on: 24 August, 2009, 09:29:52 am »
Wascally Weasel, looking piratical in his Foska jersey, several minutes prior to the start of a TT in Richmond Park.

seventytwo

« Reply #285 on: 25 August, 2009, 12:41:35 pm »
Makes me wonder how many forumites I pass without knowing (being unknown to all and in Leamington Spa I mean). 

« Reply #286 on: 25 August, 2009, 01:42:28 pm »
Makes me wonder how many forumites I pass without knowing (being unknown to all and in Leamington Spa I mean). 

Looking at the Members Map, there aren't a vast number of you in that area, although lots may be hiding, and not admitting to it. ;D

« Reply #287 on: 25 August, 2009, 01:47:40 pm »
I haven't cycled in Leamington Spa for a while but maybe popping over before the end of September for a row and a picnic.   8)

« Reply #288 on: 25 August, 2009, 02:04:27 pm »
Exchanged about a dozen words with someone from here half an hour ago on my commute, between Streatham and Norbury.  With various cars, and other cyclists about it was hard to have much of a conversation, and whilst he knew me from FNRttCs, and I think I recognised him (although people in helmets always tend to look the same to me!), I didn't get his forum name, so own up, whoever you are. ;D

AlexB True we've met a fair few times, but always at night! you're right though, for the time of night, there did seem to be a fair bit of traffic about.

« Reply #289 on: 25 August, 2009, 03:31:09 pm »

AlexB True we've met a fair few times, but always at night! you're right though, for the time of night, there did seem to be a fair bit of traffic about.

Actually I knew you were an Alex, but like Adams, there seem to be a fair few of you about on the forum (actually, there are a fair number of Tims as well!)

jellied

• skip to the end
    • Ealing Bike Hub
« Reply #290 on: 27 August, 2009, 10:05:01 pm »
Think I spotted the lesser seen Tiger on the Uxbridge Road tonight. Obvious bent, A-Z t-shirt, iron jaw, determined look.
A shitter and a giggler.

Tiger

« Reply #291 on: 28 August, 2009, 01:46:58 pm »
Think I spotted the lesser seen Tiger on the Uxbridge Road tonight. Obvious bent, A-Z t-shirt, iron jaw, determined look.
Race Face jelly - Race Face. Not to be tangled with.  Were you the persistent speedster who gave me the trouble then?

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #292 on: 28 August, 2009, 02:32:15 pm »
If you're in Condor early tomorrow afternoon you might spot TheLurker.
If you do; say hello.

Lurk recognition : Skinny, bald, bespectacled, middle aged and no more than average height; styled and dressed by "Millets".  :)
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #293 on: 30 August, 2009, 12:57:52 am »
Saw Doop today at Climate Camp but sadly no Juliet :( Saw a lot of other familiar faces too.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

jellied

• skip to the end
    • Ealing Bike Hub
« Reply #294 on: 30 August, 2009, 09:11:22 am »
Race Face jelly - Race Face. Not to be tangled with.  Were you the persistent speedster who gave me the trouble then?

The phrase "persistent speedster" and my name have never been used together. I think it was around the top of NHG that I spotted you and there were a couple of other cyclists milling about you. I guess at least one could be deemed a speedster. I faffing around putting my lights on think and you were well gone.
A shitter and a giggler.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #295 on: 30 August, 2009, 03:16:55 pm »
I saw a Tiger as well - en route up to Critical Mass on Friday.  He turned round and rode with me for a while up to Birdcage Walk.

Goodness knows how he recognised me  :D

« Reply #296 on: 30 August, 2009, 03:54:12 pm »
Saw Doop today at Climate Camp but sadly no Juliet :( Saw a lot of other familiar faces too.

I'm at CC too. I'll be around Eastside at dinnertime if anyone wants to say hello. Apparently we have the best food. :-)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #297 on: 31 August, 2009, 03:47:13 am »
Sadly I'm now on carnival duty so no more CC until Tuesday or the derig :)
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #298 on: 31 August, 2009, 09:19:01 pm »
Mildenhall was a Spotter's delight:

RichForrest was less easy to spot than his bivvy bag (which shared our pitch, but he got up earlier than us ;D )
Maladict
ChrisS
Cycleman
Nobby
Bikepacker
Annie, formerly of this Parish
Wowbagger
Delthebike & his distinctive pink cap
Tokamak
Bobb (sadly without his pink headgear :( )
Butterfly & Superstoker, of course!
Tarpaulin Dave (not a forummer, but known to many of us ;D )
Loads more...
Getting there...

« Reply #299 on: 01 September, 2009, 10:27:10 am »