Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 596483 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #400 on: 25 November, 2009, 12:48:54 pm »
I did think it might be you, because it was so close to where we'd met before, but I wasn't sure.  And, it seems, neither are you. ;D

Never mind, dear, it happens to all old folk... ;)
Getting there...

« Reply #401 on: 25 November, 2009, 12:54:16 pm »
I'm wondering who it was on an orange short wheelbase recumbent I saw yesterday by Gloucester Road Tube station ?

He had a handkerchief (or possible smog mask) over his face, like he was off to raid the noon stagecoach, and passed too fast for me to see who he was, or what the bike was, but he must have known me since he waved !

I don't think there are many recumbenteers in London who I know, who aren't on this forum, so it must have been one of you lot. ;D
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #402 on: 25 November, 2009, 01:30:27 pm »
Ooh, talking of suspect bents, I thought I might have spotted bentmikey on my way home through Battersea Park the other week. It was dark, and the bloke in question was sitting on the kerb in front of a whizzy looking black bent, donning a pair of skates. Possibly some lycra in evidence.

Wendy, was that you dear? It didn't click until I was past, otherwise I would have stopped to say hi...

« Reply #403 on: 25 November, 2009, 01:34:56 pm »
Ooh, talking of suspect bents, I thought I might have spotted bentmikey on my way home through Battersea Park the other week. It was dark, and the bloke in question was sitting on the kerb in front of a whizzy looking black bent, donning a pair of skates. Possibly some lycra in evidence.

Wendy, was that you dear? It didn't click until I was past, otherwise I would have stopped to say hi...

Defo, we're doing a fair bit of training there on Thursday evenings from 19.00ish.  Stop and say Hi next time!!
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #404 on: 29 November, 2009, 02:03:21 am »
I saw a 'bent todayyesterday at the level crossing in Upstreet, between Canterbury and Ramsgate. I was on the train that the crossing was down for.  Any takers?

(I won't be offended if you didn't see my Brompton.)
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

« Reply #405 on: 30 November, 2009, 02:51:12 pm »
Saw a Luke look-alike at 5 to 2 on the A52 between Cheadle(Staffs) & Stoke,carrying two panniers front & rear,honking up Richmore Hill.

« Reply #406 on: 30 November, 2009, 02:55:58 pm »
Saw a 'bent in Clapham on Acre Lane on Thursday last week.  Tooted and waved!

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #407 on: 04 December, 2009, 06:56:26 pm »
Just spotted Phil cycling past me on Burdet Road about 10 minutes ago. I was on foot.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #408 on: 04 December, 2009, 07:07:48 pm »
Good spot! I was just coming back from the pool.  I'm living about two hundred yards from your office :D

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #409 on: 04 December, 2009, 07:15:18 pm »
I knows :) You should drop by sometime if you've not go anything to do in the evenings.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #410 on: 04 December, 2009, 10:02:42 pm »
Good spot! I was just coming back from the pool.  I'm living about two hundred yards from your office :D

How's the wonderful world of paid employment treating you Phil ?

Fun times up in Liverpool, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/8382224.stm   I've not eaten there for a while and will be taking a kevlar vest for my next visit!
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #411 on: 08 December, 2009, 09:15:05 am »
Wearing my (old) club jersey on the way into work this morning meant I was spotted at Stockwell, not by a current member, but a member from a different place.  he asked about the changes to fora, and I explained we were all at yacf.co.uk (handy to have such a snappy web addy, and printed on the jerseys, too :thumbsup:

Aaaaanyway, some of you may remember Ron the Chef, or Ronnie the Scot.  It was he.  He was riding a very smart black & white bike with 'Ronnie the Scot' on the downtube.

I hope he comes & finds us here.  Nice chap :)
Getting there...

« Reply #412 on: 08 December, 2009, 09:17:48 am »
Aaaaanyway, some of you may remember Ron the Chef, or Ronnie the Scot.  It was he.  He was riding a very smart black & white bike with 'Ronnie the Scot' on the downtube.

I hope he comes & finds us here.  Nice chap :)

I know Ronnie!  I "saw" him online on the DPNC group not too long ago.

« Reply #413 on: 10 December, 2009, 11:16:59 pm »
LMM in Battersea Park tonight - I turned in, and she came up alongside me.

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #414 on: 20 December, 2009, 09:36:27 pm »
wowbagger, in my garden,  hanging around since Friday.

(click to show/hide)
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

« Reply #415 on: 26 December, 2009, 03:21:50 pm »
I think I saw Teethgrinder heading Northwards between Northampton and Market Harborough on Christmas Eve.
I waved but I was in a CAR and he (if it was him) had that very determined look and didn't notice...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #416 on: 26 December, 2009, 03:23:48 pm »
wowbagger, in my garden,  hanging around since Friday.

(click to show/hide)

Too thin. :-[
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #417 on: 30 December, 2009, 09:59:54 pm »
Spotted Erron (or his look-a-likee), riding in the opposite direction to me, between White Roding & Leaden Roding on the A1060. Chelmer club run by the looks of it.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

Zoidburg

« Reply #418 on: 31 December, 2009, 12:26:51 am »
Saw a Luke look-alike at 5 to 2 on the A52 between Cheadle(Staffs) & Stoke,carrying two panniers front & rear,honking up Richmore Hill.
In Stokey that is pronounced "Luke luke-alike".

« Reply #419 on: 03 January, 2010, 03:29:29 pm »
Clarion, Butterfly et al, on foot on the Purley Way, as was I, which itself is an unlikely coincidence.  They had apparently just been talking about me, which would explain the burning sensation in my ears. ;D

After almost ten years in London, that's the third time I've randomly met someone on foot, which given the population and area is probably an unusually high figure!
Actually, it is rocket science.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #420 on: 03 January, 2010, 04:18:48 pm »
Aye, and folk don't walk down Purley Way much, being as it's a motorised race-track-cum-standing queue.

But we don't live very far away... :)

ftr, it was Clarion, Butterfly, Superstoker and Our Kid, so TimO scores a full house, as it were. ;D
Getting there...

« Reply #421 on: 20 January, 2010, 09:54:34 am »
To get into my office from the office car/bike park, I go through the loading bay and in via a back door. Who was in the loading bay this morning, delivering a package, but our very own Emilio. I surprised the life out of her - one of those moments where you're totally thrown by seeing someone totally out of context. And then I made her look at my new bike  :thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #422 on: 20 January, 2010, 10:08:56 am »
Kewl.  Haven't seen her in RL for a few months.  A lovely person :)
Getting there...

« Reply #423 on: 20 January, 2010, 12:55:36 pm »
Emilio's been at our offices a few times lately and I've had a brief chat with her a couple of times.  She was v pleased with her lime green winter gloves but I was more impressed by the tweed cap she was wearing.  It was a bl***y cold day and I suppose I really ought to have offered her my piping hot vegetable samosa...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #424 on: 20 January, 2010, 12:58:16 pm »
I was just thinking, as I saw a messenger ride past looking miserable*, despite his bulky layers of clothing, how much less fun it must be as a courier in January than June.  Our Emilio is hard. :)

*Of course, he may just have been miserable because some rotter had sawn off his handlebars to a ridiculous stump ;D
Getting there...