Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 596476 times)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #425 on: 20 January, 2010, 01:13:01 pm »
I really ought to have offered her my piping hot vegetable samosa...

Such poetic chat-up lines you have!  ;D
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #426 on: 07 February, 2010, 11:31:00 am »
Maybe.

Anyway, at 9.08 yesterday morning I spied Wendy on his upwrong heading north past Bromley.  I was being a mondeo-enger taking elder son to band practice.  Then at about 6 in the evening I had just dropped daughter at Downham pool and there was Wendy heading back down the A21.

I had no samosas with me.

« Reply #427 on: 07 February, 2010, 06:30:04 pm »
Maybe.

Anyway, at 9.08 yesterday morning I spied Wendy on his upwrong heading north past Bromley.  I was being a mondeo-enger taking elder son to band practice.  Then at about 6 in the evening I had just dropped daughter at Downham pool and there was Wendy heading back down the A21.

I had no samosas with me.

:D  It was me!  Egad my butt is achy now, although much better since I bought a wider saddle.   :-[ :-[
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

« Reply #428 on: 08 February, 2010, 07:29:18 am »
We saw Little Wheels and Big on the Moon Light Wander 200 - possibly his last Australian Audax before he moves to the UK?   :(

@SandyV1 on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/SandyV1

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #429 on: 08 February, 2010, 10:39:56 am »
I think I saw Wendy in today's Yehuda Moon ;)
Getting there...

« Reply #430 on: 08 February, 2010, 11:39:51 am »
I think I saw Wendy in today's Yehuda Moon ;)

LOL!  Lucas Brunelle perhaps.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #431 on: 12 February, 2010, 12:20:18 am »
Not spotted by me, but in the pub tonight someone was talking about seeing a cyclist regularly on their commute (and thinking 'I wouldn't ride that road!').  I wonder if they were talking about MrCharly - I don't imagine there's a huge number of commuters on that particular road...  Apparently they only ever spot this chap on the way home, and had wondered if he teleports in the other direction :)

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #432 on: 12 February, 2010, 02:27:30 pm »
I saw Wascally Weasel last night, I was stationary at the time, and he overtook me at fairly low speed, did he say hello? Did he bugger!

I continued on a short while afterwards, but he was going so fast that although I could match his speed, I couldn't catch up, so I turned off and went home for a cuppa.
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

Gandalf

• Each snowflake in an avalanche pleads not guilty
« Reply #433 on: 25 February, 2010, 04:07:43 pm »
Speaking of WW I spotted him in Kingston this morning at about 08.36.  I would have given mim a wave but I was in my WVM guise.

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #434 on: 25 February, 2010, 04:13:14 pm »
I saw Wascally Weasel last night, I was stationary at the time, and he overtook me at fairly low speed, did he say hello? Did he bugger!

I continued on a short while afterwards, but he was going so fast that although I could match his speed, I couldn't catch up, so I turned off and went home for a cuppa.

Oops   :-[ :-[ :-[

I do always say hello when I think I recognise people.  Since I was also spotted by a member in a white van Q-ship, I'm going to have to resolve to be nice to those too!

« Reply #435 on: 25 February, 2010, 04:37:02 pm »
Reminds me. I think I spotted you (WW) one morning stopped at the traffic lights (Upper Richmond Road at the bottom of Putney Hill) at 8.30am-ish a week or two ago (don't you love the specifics).

Since I've never met you I wasn't sure (only seen photos) and I was on foot on my way to the train so I wasn't going to blurt out "Are you Random Person From The Internet?".
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #436 on: 25 February, 2010, 05:15:28 pm »
Reminds me. I think I spotted you (WW) one morning stopped at the traffic lights (Upper Richmond Road at the bottom of Putney Hill) at 8.30am-ish a week or two ago (don't you love the specifics).

Since I've never met you I wasn't sure (only seen photos) and I was on foot on my way to the train so I wasn't going to blurt out "Are you Random Person From The Internet?".

Sounds entirely plausible, I do go that way sometimes.  I don’t mind anyone asking me if I’m Wascally Weasel but I suspect that it might be a bizarre question to ask if it’s not me.  This consideration has prevented me asking any of the skate instructors I occasionally see in Hyde Park if they are Bentmikey.  Probably a lovely reaction if it is, less nice if it isn’t.  His name change hasn’t really altered this conundrum.

« Reply #437 on: 25 February, 2010, 06:05:54 pm »
LOL, you could always ask if I'm Mikey.  Lycra plus Giro helmet plus skates with BIG wheels by the Albert Memorial, that'll almost certainly be me.  None of the other instructors wear lycra.

« Reply #438 on: 25 February, 2010, 06:17:33 pm »
LOL, you could always ask if I'm Mikey.  Lycra plus Giro helmet plus skates with BIG wheels by the Albert Memorial, that'll almost certainly be me.  None of the other instructors wear lycra.

It's probably also fairly rare to see instructors using speed skates as well!

(although you do get the odd other skater going through there on them).
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #439 on: 26 February, 2010, 01:39:20 pm »
I don’t mind anyone asking me if I’m Wascally Weasel but I suspect that it might be a bizarre question to ask if it’s not me. 

Well, I did once ask a chap at CM if he was Wascally Weasel and he wasn't.  He seemed quite baffled by the question.  I vaguely recall he might have turned out to be one of the Space Hijackers.  I'm more cautious now.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #440 on: 26 February, 2010, 02:18:44 pm »
I don’t mind anyone asking me if I’m Wascally Weasel but I suspect that it might be a bizarre question to ask if it’s not me. 

Well, I did once ask a chap at CM if he was Wascally Weasel and he wasn't.  He seemed quite baffled by the question.  I vaguely recall he might have turned out to be one of the Space Hijackers.  I'm more cautious now.

If you guessed according to the hair then you will probably have spoken to Dave.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #441 on: 26 February, 2010, 08:35:22 pm »
Spotted Phil D in civi's going into Reading station as I was leaving to fight the traffic on the ring road.

« Reply #442 on: 27 February, 2010, 07:12:27 pm »
leeg - encountered between Burghfield & Grazeley, as he was finishing the Kennet Valley 100. I & friend rode with him to the finish to say hello to Mick Simmons et al.

PS. Were there any others hanging around in the hall at about 2-2.30 pm?
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #443 on: 01 March, 2010, 09:36:04 am »
Another potential Wascally Weasel spotting in Richmond Park this morning.

8:45ish between Robin Hood & Roehampton gates.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #444 on: 01 March, 2010, 09:41:46 am »
I spotted an Eck and  a Maverick75 at the Dundee Thistle reliability trial.. And then fed them cake and soup.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #445 on: 03 March, 2010, 09:59:04 am »
Zipperhead and I had a nice chat this morning.

« Reply #446 on: 03 March, 2010, 01:51:26 pm »
Don't know who this is, but looks like a yACF top outside Cycle Heaven in York.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #447 on: 03 March, 2010, 01:56:47 pm »
I think you're looking at a Bianchi jersey on a Bianchi rider.  The two blue jerseys definitely aren't forum ones. :(
Getting there...

« Reply #448 on: 03 March, 2010, 02:15:30 pm »
Oh  :(

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #449 on: 10 March, 2010, 12:44:17 pm »
Jellied on the way into work this morning.

He diverted to cycle with me up to the A40 and we had a nice chat  :)
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk