Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 595154 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #550 on: 14 May, 2010, 02:47:06 pm »
I don't draft.  I think I may have been about to overtake ;)
Getting there...

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #551 on: 14 May, 2010, 02:59:25 pm »
I don't draft.  I think I may have been about to overtake ;)

Had someone fallen off their bike in the road then?  :P

;D
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #552 on: 14 May, 2010, 02:59:57 pm »
Catch me up & you'll be able to see :P
Getting there...

« Reply #553 on: 15 May, 2010, 06:23:57 pm »
Had a chat with a guy outside the Office of Fair Trading Fleet Street on Friday afternoon. He had a bike with disc brakes and nexus hub gears. He did bike training. I though he might be someone from here but before I could ask he got an urgent call on his mobile.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #554 on: 15 May, 2010, 11:27:47 pm »
Any yACFERs in the Tarporley area this afternoon ? Helen thought she saw a red yACF top heading east (around 15.00).
I was engrossed in the GPS output at the time..........
My purple yACF jersey was covered by a grey titanium Assos top and Helen was wearing a red Gore Windstopper.

Pippa

• Busy being fabulous
« Reply #555 on: 16 May, 2010, 11:17:29 am »
Theodbald's Road in London around 10am yesterday? Jurek and I were on Red Lion Street stopped at the traffic lights and saw a chap on a Van Nic with a black yacf jersey go sailing past. By the time it registered in my BRANE, it was too late to shout or wave.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #556 on: 18 May, 2010, 09:33:18 pm »
I was spotted this evening in Tooting by a nice chap on a lovely Bianchi heading out to pick up his car and drive home.  I'm embarrassed to admit I didn't catch his name, but he was good company, and obviously loved his riding :thumbsup:
Getting there...

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #557 on: 20 May, 2010, 12:00:08 am »
Spotted  a Noodley going faster than me..
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #558 on: 21 May, 2010, 12:36:05 am »
I spotted Phil in my office. Does that count?
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

border-rider

« Reply #559 on: 21 May, 2010, 07:27:49 pm »
I saw sas in our kitchen this morning, heading off for the last stage of his Welsh Tour :)

Cycling and Accommodation in South Wales

« Reply #560 on: 23 May, 2010, 09:29:24 pm »
Spotted on Gospel Pass above Hay-on-Wye, one Phil Dyson.

We were out for a quick ride and about to meet the our friends for lunch, Phil was Audaxing. It's quite funny to see people unexpectedly, in unexpected places.
California Dreaming

« Reply #561 on: 24 May, 2010, 01:08:18 pm »
Yes indeed, I'd waved at a couple with a tandem, thinking "they look familiar".  But as soon as I heard the call of "Phil" from a rapidly descending machine coming up behind me I realised immediately who it was.  As you say, out of context, and the connection doesn't happen as quickly as it should (at least when you get to my age...)

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #562 on: 24 May, 2010, 02:45:04 pm »
I saw at least one, if not two, tandems yesterday coming down off the Gospel Pass. Our clubrun (including myself and groucho) came up from the Hay side.

dasmoth

• Techno-optimist
« Reply #563 on: 24 May, 2010, 02:50:31 pm »
I saw at least one, if not two, tandems yesterday coming down off the Gospel Pass. Our clubrun (including myself and groucho) came up from the Hay side.

There were two tandems (yellow Thorn, white Cannondale) on the Gospel Pass 200.  I don't think either were crewed by YACFers (but I may be wrong!).  I also spotted a green kiddyback headed in the opposite direction near the top of the GP (no details, but did think that the crew looked distressingly non-knackered!) and a Thorn parked up just outside Hay-on-Wye.  So a pretty good tandem-spotting haul for one day!
Half term's when the traffic becomes mysteriously less bad for a week.

jellied

• skip to the end
    • Ealing Bike Hub
« Reply #564 on: 24 May, 2010, 05:57:51 pm »
In this month's London Cyclist I do believe Charlotte is on page 34 for a Tweed run special.
A shitter and a giggler.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #565 on: 26 May, 2010, 11:50:25 am »
Not a forumite as such, but I did see a chap with a leg bandage, a Colnago and a fine riding style.  I've spotted him before, but usually near Clapham/Streatham.  Last night, he was at Amen Corner, Tooting.  He saw me first and said 'Hello', and I didn't quite recognise him, as I was passing through the junction at the time, dodging cars.  I must have sounded quite startled, but it was pleasant surprise. :)
Getting there...

« Reply #566 on: 26 May, 2010, 12:22:36 pm »
Theodbald's Road in London around 10am yesterday? Jurek and I were on Red Lion Street stopped at the traffic lights and saw a chap on a Van Nic with a black yacf jersey go sailing past. By the time it registered in my BRANE, it was too late to shout or wave.

Ah, just spotted this!  Yes, that was me on my way to the Kent Invicta 400k.  Well spotted!
The sound of one pannier flapping

« Reply #567 on: 27 May, 2010, 10:38:33 am »

Ah, just spotted this!  Yes, that was me on my way to the Kent Invicta 400k.  Well spotted!

Blimey! - At the time I did say to Pippa "It may've been toontra, he has a VN" - a bit bizarre given that I have met you just the once, at the start of  a FNRttC gawd knows how long ago....

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #568 on: 04 June, 2010, 09:08:48 am »
Spotted yesterday (Thursday 3 June) at about 4.30 p.m.

Somebody sporting an orange YACF top on the DNA path between Addenbrooke's and Great Shelford.

Spotted by Mr R - if it had of been me doing the spotting I would, of course, have said hello.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #569 on: 04 June, 2010, 02:01:25 pm »
Spotted (or, rather, got spotted by) a very new forumite last night.

I was between Balham & Tooting Bec, when a tall, shaven-headed rider of a Charge Plug extended his hand and said, 'Clarion?'

I felt like Livingstone being discovered by Stanley, except that he wasn't wearing a jersey saying 'Livingstone', and didn't have 'Livingstone CC' on the top tube of his bike.  or a bike.  And he wasn't in Wandsworth.

Anyway, it was our new friend Origamist. :)  After a few words, he sped off down the hill.  I got caught by a bit of traffic then two pedestrian crossings before finally catching him at Tooting Broadway.  just as the lights changed, and our paths parted...
Getting there...

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
« Reply #570 on: 04 June, 2010, 02:04:25 pm »
Touching. Sounds like you're in love Clarrers. And to think you first met on here!
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #571 on: 04 June, 2010, 02:15:55 pm »
No, I think that sort of thing is best kept to the San Francisco of the South Coast (- The Guardian) ;)
Getting there...

« Reply #572 on: 06 June, 2010, 03:27:24 pm »
Gandalf spotted us in Grove Park, Carshalton, when the Pollards Hill Cyclists ride up the Wandle for the Wandle Festival met up with the Sutton Cyclists Ride that we were with. :D

Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #573 on: 06 June, 2010, 03:58:54 pm »
Not a forumite as such, but I did see a chap with a leg bandage
That could be one of us!  ;D
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #574 on: 06 June, 2010, 10:14:05 pm »
Yesterday I spotted/was introduced to
Mr. Nesbit
Deano
Eck
Ariadne
Crystal Tips
Mercury Kev
Jord