Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 596495 times)

Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #650 on: 02 July, 2010, 09:15:14 am »

I think I spotted Origamist by the road, parking his bike last night.  Can't remember exactly where.

First p*nct*r* in 4 months, so I'm not complaining. Parked up just after Balham tube...

@Darkpoint - where you wearing a YACF jersey with Dulwich Paragon shorts this morning? If so, I passed you at Stockwell doing some useless hand gestures...

Yes,  that would have been me..   
But I am confused now,  who was doing the hand gestures?  :-)
Just someone's butler

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #651 on: 02 July, 2010, 09:29:21 am »
I saw Origamist again this morning.  He hailed me as he pulled past, then executed a perfect trackstand inside the ASL with no wobble or creep, and sped off.
Getting there...

« Reply #652 on: 02 July, 2010, 04:03:53 pm »
Yes,  that would have been me..   
But I am confused now,  who was doing the hand gestures:-)

Def me. I get flustered when trying to signal threats to other cyclists who I assume do not understand club hand signals (unless they're of the more universal kind). This means I often end up looking like a broken windmill.

I'll say hello next time.

@Clarion - was in a bit of a rush this morning, but I still had time to admire your fluent pedalling action... ;)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #653 on: 02 July, 2010, 04:56:45 pm »
I saw Origamist again this morning.  He hailed me as he pulled past, then executed a perfect trackstand inside the ASL with no wobble or creep, and sped off.

@Clarion - was in a bit of a rush this morning, but I still had time to admire your fluent pedalling action... ;)

This is turning into a love-in ;D

but, yes, I'm rather proud of my smooth cadence... :-[
Getting there...

« Reply #654 on: 03 July, 2010, 02:22:24 pm »
CrinklyLionCub, spotted today, outside york library on his Benin
<i>Marmite slave</i>

GillP

« Reply #655 on: 03 July, 2010, 04:21:14 pm »
Jogler and his grand daughter, sat on our sofa!  :)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #656 on: 03 July, 2010, 08:17:20 pm »
Well that's a win! :thumbsup:
Getting there...

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #657 on: 03 July, 2010, 10:18:52 pm »
CrinklyLionCub, spotted today, outside york library on his Benin

The news that he had been spotted made a cub happy at bedtime :)

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #658 on: 04 July, 2010, 08:34:54 pm »
Yesterday I saw GillP & TKP.
Today I spotted Si_Co all day long :)

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #659 on: 04 July, 2010, 09:18:00 pm »
Not really a forumite but I did spot hellymedic partner in crime at the Brent Cyclist stall.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #660 on: 05 July, 2010, 09:35:13 am »
I'd just been overtaken by a chap on a titanium Condor, (annoyed, no doubt, at being left at the lights), down through Clapham when Origamist zoomed by, sweeping past the Condorista with ease.   He must have a biiig gear on that there Plug of his.

I tried to keep up, but I couldn't manage it, and got cut off by daft bus driving at Stockwell.

Next time, maybe... ;D
Getting there...

« Reply #661 on: 05 July, 2010, 12:01:17 pm »
I'd just been overtaken by a chap on a titanium Condor, (annoyed, no doubt, at being left at the lights), down through Clapham when Origamist zoomed by, sweeping past the Condorista with ease.   He must have a biiig gear on that there Plug of his.

I tried to keep up, but I couldn't manage it, and got cut off by daft bus driving at Stockwell.

Next time, maybe... ;D

I've ridden with the Ti Condor rider before (he belongs to De Laune CC and can do long 21s for 10s) and we rode together to the Elephant this morning. It was a bit quicker than I would have liked for a Monday morning (particularly after a warm and windy 80 miler yesterday). He said I had the legs on him, but he was only being kind :o

« Reply #662 on: 06 July, 2010, 11:56:38 am »
Would it have been Oaky sweeping round the corner off Kingsway on a Dahon Cadenza Solo at about 6.05 yesterday?  That bike looks excellent on the road - i thought it looked a bit weird and ungainly in the shop but it looked like a fun ride.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #663 on: 07 July, 2010, 12:11:02 am »
Saw Zipperhead today.

My lad asked why he was called Zipperhead.
I got my sewing kit out.
It is simpler than it looks.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #664 on: 07 July, 2010, 09:12:59 am »
The one on the right is Mark E Smith.
Getting there...

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #665 on: 08 July, 2010, 11:23:04 am »

That's the most disturbing picture that I've seen in a long time! we've both had an extra helping of uglyfication added.
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
« Reply #666 on: 08 July, 2010, 11:25:21 am »
<spits pipe out> Christ, you'd think they've been photoshopped!
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #667 on: 08 July, 2010, 11:29:26 am »
You'd be wrong.  :-*

There's an app for that.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #668 on: 12 July, 2010, 10:11:46 pm »
I spied a brace of fast-paced weasels heading across the north side of Lincoln's Inn Fields as I was leaving my office at about 6.10 this evening.

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #669 on: 14 July, 2010, 01:34:30 pm »
I spied a brace of fast-paced weasels heading across the north side of Lincoln's Inn Fields as I was leaving my office at about 6.10 this evening.

If you had hung around a bit longer you would have seen Charlotte arriving on her penny too and earned extra spotting points!

« Reply #670 on: 14 July, 2010, 06:12:26 pm »

If you had hung around a bit longer you would have seen Charlotte arriving on her penny too and earned extra spotting points!

Oh bovver.  I was pleased enough to see the mighty mustelids sweeping past my orifice but the Penny of Doom would have been the icing on the cake.  I should have been in less haste.

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #671 on: 14 July, 2010, 10:28:54 pm »
I'm so excited - this is my first post here!

Tonight I was joined by velocitizen! We spent a very pleasant (ie: we only got beeped once for cycling 2 abreast) couple of miles riding into Long Eaton.

It definitely was the most pleasant part of the ride because about 14 seconds after we parted the skies delivered some very old testament thunder, lightning and rain.

Very nice to have you along on my commute, VC. Hopefully see you soon.

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

« Reply #672 on: 15 July, 2010, 08:17:24 am »
Brooks saddle, check.
Carradice Barley, check.
ACF 'cyclist inside' cap, check.

I had a feeling it was you Paul.

Nice to cross path's and spooky because I'd been thinking about your reply to my post on the 'Pie run' thread whilst riding!
Yes, soaked to the skin after I left you.
My kit had just about dried out from an early downpour as well.

« Reply #673 on: 16 July, 2010, 09:15:43 am »
Would it have been Oaky sweeping round the corner off Kingsway on a Dahon Cadenza Solo at about 6.05 yesterday?  That bike looks excellent on the road - i thought it looked a bit weird and ungainly in the shop but it looked like a fun ride.

and again - this morning at about 8.45 I turned right from Kingsway into Remnant Street and spotted an Oaky-like figure hurtling towards me on a gleaming white cadenza solo.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #674 on: 18 July, 2010, 04:01:09 pm »