Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 595106 times)

jogler

• mojo operandi
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #875 on: 10 October, 2010, 09:23:17 pm »
Shhhh! ;)

the bike  :thumbsup:
or
the other chap :demon:
 ;D

« Reply #876 on: 10 October, 2010, 10:49:18 pm »
Given that she's my mum and I'm staying with her for the weekend, I don't suppose it counts that I can see Karen Sutton from where I'm sitting, does it?  :(

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #877 on: 10 October, 2010, 10:50:35 pm »
I think this thread would expand uncontrollably rapidly if it did...

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #878 on: 13 October, 2010, 07:35:44 am »
I spotted Charlotte last night, but I can't tell you where.  It's a SEEKRIT;)

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #879 on: 14 October, 2010, 08:23:05 am »
Woollypigs and Peliroja in my office! (In Brisbane, Australia) - looking relaxed and fit.  They've left their bikes here until Sunday while they travel a little north with friends (much to the interest of my work colleagues)  :)
@SandyV1 on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/SandyV1

« Reply #880 on: 14 October, 2010, 06:55:29 pm »
I spotted Jaded on page 666 of an art book (he's next to a big nekkid lady!)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #881 on: 14 October, 2010, 09:24:20 pm »
Does this book have Godzilla playing Swingball?
Getting there...

YahudaMoon

• John Diffley
« Reply #882 on: 15 October, 2010, 07:24:49 pm »
Did the Fleet Moss 200km AUK perm yesterday. Decided to start from Todmorden in Yorkshire and cycle to the start from Manchester. On my departure from Todmorden leaving the ATM for validation a cyclist wizzed passed me shouting my nick name. Obviosly late for work as it was 7.30 am and waved me on. I shouted 'Who's that ? ' No reply. I don't know anyone in Yorkshire apart from a few AUK'ers. Who was it ?

YahudaMoon

• John Diffley
« Reply #883 on: 15 October, 2010, 08:35:08 pm »
Bump

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #884 on: 15 October, 2010, 08:38:32 pm »
No idea who it was - only forumista I can think of in that area is Tubbycyclist (don't be fooled - he isn't).  And, given the location, I wish it had been me.  But I just wanted to congratulate you for getting this right:
... Todmorden in Yorkshire ...

Soooo many people get it wrong (including the local authority ::-) )
Getting there...

YahudaMoon

• John Diffley
« Reply #885 on: 15 October, 2010, 09:06:44 pm »
Ha ! Hi Clarion. Thanks. Yeah I had this conversation about Todmorden years ago with a client. Client says 'Todmorden in Lancashire'. I think it has something to do with the postcode making Todmorden coming under two counties, Yorkshire & Lancashire ?

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #886 on: 15 October, 2010, 09:14:40 pm »
It has an Oldham postcode and a Rochdale STD code.
Until 1865 IIRC, the border passed through the middle of the town, symbolised by the frieze on the front of the Town Hall, which sat on the boundary.  This anomaly occured because, from antiquity until the 18th Century, the valley bottom wasn't really habitable, and the settlements were based around the Mankinholes area on the southern shelf, and Heptonstall on the northern one, with the packhorse routes traversing the moors.  When the Rochdale Canal was built, it drained the valley and the toll roads came through, with Todmorden being built on the junction of the Halifax, Burnley and Rochdale roads.

It was realised this wasn't a tenable position, so the border was moved about five miles west.

I did ask how Calderdale Council, which is entirely in Yorkshire, could demand Council Tax off me if they thought I lived in Lancashire. ;D
Getting there...

« Reply #887 on: 16 October, 2010, 02:33:05 am »
Woollypigs and Peliroja in my office! (In Brisbane, Australia) - looking relaxed and fit.  They've left their bikes here until Sunday while they travel a little north with friends (much to the interest of my work colleagues)  :)
Thank you Sandy for such a great welcome (forummers aren't half lovely!) and what lovely relaxed work colleagues you have. :) See you again very soon.

jellied

• skip to the end
    • Ealing Bike Hub
« Reply #888 on: 16 October, 2010, 12:00:13 pm »
Spotted Actonblue in the London Cyclist this month!
A shitter and a giggler.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #889 on: 16 October, 2010, 02:58:58 pm »
Until 1865 IIRC, the border passed through the middle of the town, symbolised by the frieze on the front of the Town Hall, which sat on the boundary. 
What, the Yorkshire half of the freize showing delightful civilised people living a refined life, and the other half just saying "here be dragons"?
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

redshift

• High Priestess of wires
    • redshift home
« Reply #890 on: 16 October, 2010, 03:24:11 pm »
Until 1865 IIRC, the border passed through the middle of the town, symbolised by the frieze on the front of the Town Hall, which sat on the boundary.
What, the Yorkshire half of the freize showing delightful civilised people living a refined life, and the other half just saying "here be dragons"?

Nah, the other half just has a big red rose on it and the motto "Qui gagne"   ;D
L
:)
Windcheetah No. 176
The all-round entertainer gets quite arsey,
They won't translate his lame shit into Farsi
Somehow to let it go would be more classy…

redshift

• High Priestess of wires
    • redshift home
« Reply #891 on: 16 October, 2010, 03:27:26 pm »
That reminds me, I saw someone who looked remarkably like ed_o_brain crossing the Irwell at the bottom end of Quay St yesterday morning.  Were you down at the cheap end of town, Dan?
L
:)
Windcheetah No. 176
The all-round entertainer gets quite arsey,
They won't translate his lame shit into Farsi
Somehow to let it go would be more classy…

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #892 on: 16 October, 2010, 03:38:45 pm »
Getting there...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #893 on: 16 October, 2010, 03:45:15 pm »
I spotted hatler this morning.

I think going round to a forumite's house is cheating, though, isn't it?

Or stalking, or something ;D
Getting there...

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #894 on: 16 October, 2010, 08:13:30 pm »
I spotted a 'slow'coach at the station, then rode with him (via our house to collect a CrinklyCub, and some cake) to Stamford Bridge where we spotted an Aidan, despite us being in the wrong car park.  Then, 50 ish miles later, back at our house we spotted the whole Tiermat family who were playing early Santa and delivering a Dawes Kingpin for my little sister :)  Although we failed dreadfully on the cake front there, being down to the last slice of cake in the house so they had to share, I think that TLD enjoyed a session of jigsaw puzzling with the cubs  :thumbsup:

« Reply #895 on: 16 October, 2010, 08:59:33 pm »
Did the Fleet Moss 200km AUK perm yesterday. Decided to start from Todmorden in Yorkshire and cycle to the start from Manchester. On my departure from Todmorden leaving the ATM for validation a cyclist wizzed passed me shouting my nick name. Obviosly late for work as it was 7.30 am and waved me on. I shouted 'Who's that ? ' No reply. I don't know anyone in Yorkshire apart from a few AUK'ers. Who was it ?

I know who it'll have been, not me BTW.

« Reply #896 on: 17 October, 2010, 09:56:53 am »

I know who it'll have been, not me BTW.

DW?
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #897 on: 17 October, 2010, 10:03:15 am »

Aha! The book is out. I shall have to get my copy. Good page number  ;D
It is simpler than it looks.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #898 on: 17 October, 2010, 11:33:00 am »

Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #899 on: 17 October, 2010, 12:37:08 pm »

If Jaded is nekkid as well, I can probably live without the pics. ;D
Actually, it is rocket science.