Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 595103 times)

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #1025 on: 02 February, 2011, 01:32:17 pm »
I spotted an Eck hanging around the Dundee Uni Students Union yesterday..
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #1026 on: 03 February, 2011, 09:23:57 am »
Was that you Clarion that I saw on Tooley Street around 8:25 a.m.?

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1027 on: 03 February, 2011, 10:16:36 am »
Sadly no.  Must have been some other fat old asthmatic with a Carradice ;D
Getting there...

jellied

• skip to the end
    • Ealing Bike Hub
« Reply #1028 on: 03 February, 2011, 03:40:34 pm »
speshact posing in London Cyclist this issue, looking very fetching in a blue whilst celebrating victory on the southbank.
A shitter and a giggler.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1029 on: 03 February, 2011, 08:26:09 pm »
Crusty and LG (who even showed me her impressively green knee and leg bruises or I might have thought she'd made the whole thing up as the eyebrow/ear seem to have healed up really well and actually weren't noticeable unless you really really looked, hurrah!).  There was coffee and cake and a mini guided tour :)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1030 on: 04 February, 2011, 10:51:31 am »
Tentative spot: itsbruce heading North through Stockwell between about 0800-0815.  Twas certainly a yellow bike.  The rider was wearing a cycling cap.
Getting there...

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #1031 on: 04 February, 2011, 03:29:45 pm »
Tentative spot: itsbruce heading North through Stockwell between about 0800-0815.  Twas certainly a yellow bike.  The rider was wearing a cycling cap.

That would be me :)  Always wearing a cap.  This morning it would have been a black Belgian-style winter cap which is my sole item of Rapha kit - the only bit of Rapha kit I've seen which isn't reidiculously overpriced.  Most days in this new warm weather, though, I've been wearing lighter caps like my Brixton Cycles one.  Wouldn't mind an LFGSS one but that was a very limited run.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1032 on: 04 February, 2011, 03:45:27 pm »
Cool!  I knew we intrsected, but I never thought I'd actually spot you.  You were ahead of all the other riders, it ought to be pointed out :thumbsup:
Getting there...

« Reply #1033 on: 07 February, 2011, 03:42:05 pm »
Yesterday I spotted Scottlington as I was about to load an organ into a borrowed van.  (Well, he spotted me, as he'd popped over to pick up some wheels).

Then I spotted Jurek as he came round to help unload the same organ and carry it into our kitchen.  Blimey, that's a heavy piece of kit.  I thought the vibraphone was heavy but it's nothing compared to that organ.  Muchas gracias etc. :thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1034 on: 07 February, 2011, 09:23:34 pm »
I saw Origamist at E&C this morning. :)
Getting there...

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #1035 on: 11 February, 2011, 09:30:40 am »
I was cycling up St Andrews Street this morning to cycle over Holborn Circus and I thought I glimpsed a Jurek fly past me, this chap was wearing a smart silver top and there were two bananas in the back pocket  ???

« Reply #1036 on: 11 February, 2011, 12:52:46 pm »
I glimpsed a clarion turning left off the New Kent Road at 8.20 this morning.  I didn't have time to shout as I passed on the opposite carriageway.  Ride on!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1037 on: 11 February, 2011, 01:23:49 pm »
Just heading up the last road to work.  Shame I didn't spot you. :(

That means I was spotted twice this morning. :)
Getting there...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1038 on: 14 February, 2011, 09:23:27 am »
I spotted Origamist this morning.  I actually caught up with him, which was odd, as I was a bit slow this morning.  I held his wheel for a short way, but, before I could say anything in greeting, he suddenly accelerated away.  One red light held him almost long enough for me to get back in touch, but then I got a red, and he was gone.

Don't suppose he even noticed me :-\
Getting there...

CrinklyLion

« Reply #1039 on: 14 February, 2011, 07:38:56 pm »
Arch, earlier this evening.  In my living room, eating her tea :)

« Reply #1040 on: 14 February, 2011, 08:29:06 pm »
Arch, earlier this evening.  In my living room, eating her tea :)

And earlier still, peeling sprouts again.  One more time and it becomes a tradition....

Thanks for dinner!  And the very entertaining bedtime story! ;D
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #1041 on: 14 February, 2011, 11:30:05 pm »
A forumite bearing cake in York ;) We had a splendid hour or os in her company, thanks.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

CrinklyLion

« Reply #1042 on: 14 February, 2011, 11:49:32 pm »
Indeed - Woolly and Peli, in the pub, where I accomplished a very important cake delivery mission.  And Peli's mum, and Peli's sister, and Peli's sister's chap, down by the riverside before we went to the pub.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1043 on: 15 February, 2011, 01:46:27 pm »
Spotted Zipperhead cycling down Millbank this morning.  I'm sure he didn't recognise me as I was in fancy dress.

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #1044 on: 15 February, 2011, 02:20:44 pm »
Spotted Zipperhead cycling down Millbank this morning.  I'm sure he didn't recognise me as I was in fancy dress.

You're right I didn't recognise you - all the way to work I was trying to work out who it was!

Edited to add: And I thought that it couldn't have been a stray loony, they don't dress that well!
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1045 on: 15 February, 2011, 06:45:51 pm »
Saw Si_Co this afternoon

« Reply #1046 on: 17 February, 2011, 10:52:24 am »
Who shouted hello at me this morning in Parson's Green? Anyone on here? I shouted hello back but didn't work out who it was...
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #1047 on: 17 February, 2011, 12:28:03 pm »
Twasn't me!  :)

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1048 on: 18 February, 2011, 09:31:28 am »
Not on this forum, but I spotted the Bandaged One near Aldgate.  He was off to meet Jurek for a FNRttC recce, I was walking back to the office having dropped of my bike at Bicycle Magic.  (Yes, I know, should have done it on Monday...)

That's two people I've spotted this week, both times while I was sans bike.  :-\

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #1049 on: 18 February, 2011, 09:46:30 am »
Funnily enough I met Jurek this morning heading up through Honor Oak on his way to meet up with His Leggship.  I forgot to check his bars for banananananas.