Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2458949 times)

ian

Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #23375 on: 06 October, 2023, 09:56:32 pm »
Working. But I'm on holiday next week, which explains it. Out-of-office is now on.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #23376 on: 06 December, 2023, 07:22:59 pm »
Recovering from clearing a delivery of 400 kg of logs from my drive, and stacking them neatly in the garage.
My dry stone walling (dry wood walling) skills are improving.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #23377 on: 07 December, 2023, 10:22:26 am »
Recovering from clearing a delivery of 400 kg of logs from my drive, and stacking them neatly in the garage.
My dry stone walling (dry wood walling) skills are improving.

Valiant effort, sir!  The bloke who delivers ours also stacks them in the barn, but 2 or 3 times a week we have to wheelbarrow a load over to the house and dump it in the cellar, then heave up 3 x 10 kg baskets each every day to feed our two voracious fires.  Well, that's as was: lately I've taken to hauling 6 x 5kg loads as crabbed age advances.

Right now I'm trying to think up a bunch of cheap cooking kit to put onto my Amazon wish list to still the anguished cries of "there's nothing on your wish list" from my family.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Morat

• I tried to HTFU but something went ping :(
« Reply #23378 on: 07 December, 2023, 10:33:44 am »
Sitting on Webex, waiting for people to show up to a meeting. I reckon they probaby won't....
Everyone's favourite windbreak

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #23379 on: 14 December, 2023, 12:41:36 pm »
Enjoying the satisfaction of a morning well spent: met three other chaps at the Co-op Bank and have, hopefully, successfully transferred signatories of the local Green Party's account that hasn't been accessed for several years, despite it containing over £1600. Went with them for a coffee and a tea cake at a high street hostelry, and then had a blood test.

I spoke too soon. Here we are, almost 3 months later, and nothing has happened. It's complaints time.

I actually came here to say that I am about to go out for a funeral. Our Mus Dir who was killed by an off-duty copper on a zebra crossing on October 25th. I'll be bloody glad when it's over. To make matters worse, we are singing Rutter.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #23380 on: 14 December, 2023, 04:17:12 pm »
Why are high church funerals so utterly awful? They make a grim situation even worse. This was high C of E. Colin was their church organist. And really, what is communion all about? I find all religions odd, but that's utterly weird.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #23381 on: 01 January, 2024, 12:38:05 pm »
Successfully putting Professor Larrington off doing her tax return.  She's currently searching for skating Harriets for the King Bill Quiz.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime