Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2465414 times)

Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #19700 on: 08 January, 2015, 06:47:03 am »
Struggling to get moving to work after only 45 minutes sleep last night. Was writing up an OU assignment and decided at the last minute half of it was completely wrong so spent the night rewriting and agonising over what to say. As it is I'm not sure it's any better than my original approach but it's handed in now.  :facepalm: ??? :-\
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #19701 on: 08 January, 2015, 08:31:34 am »
Cursing the appalling weather for making it impossible for me to get more piccies of the Hoegh Osaka on the way to work this morning.  Got a few last night, of it under tow, but I'm hoping for things to happen within sight of my 500mm lens at lunchtime, so I can have another go.  It just about fills the frame at 500mm, from Lee on Solent.
Wombat

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #19702 on: 10 January, 2015, 09:46:07 am »
Listening to the wind outside and failing to persuade myself to get out of bed
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #19703 on: 10 January, 2015, 09:54:32 am »
Not ParkRunning.  :( (Although even I would have finished the course by now!).
Too windy (the venue gets closed if the wind speed exceeds a certain limit, bits of Elizabethan house falling on people does tend to put a dampener on things).
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #19704 on: 10 January, 2015, 08:59:47 pm »
Digesting rather good gorgonzola and walnut pasta and watcing Rocky with Ruthie....

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #19705 on: 11 January, 2015, 04:48:06 am »
Digesting rather good gorgonzola and walnut pasta and watcing Rocky with Ruthie....

Sounds like fun.

Awake, drinking coffee.  Going to use a breadmaker and make some bread as there is none in the freezer.  Decided to add a dash of sourdough starter and a dash of chilli oil.  Currently the dried yeast is sitting waiting to become frothy.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #19706 on: 11 January, 2015, 06:02:22 am »
Have added some stoneground wholemeal flour that was given to me as the flour doesn't seem to rise properly when used in a breadmaker.  So added 100g of that and some dried yeast that doesn't seem so lively.  Will see what happens on a rapid bake setting.

EDIt Used allison dried active yeast in the bread maker and should have used fast bake stuff....seem to have made a thing...but am hungry....

Chris S

« Reply #19707 on: 12 January, 2015, 06:17:35 pm »
* Achooo *

Feelig sorry for byself...

* Cough *

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #19708 on: 12 January, 2015, 07:50:29 pm »
Croaking, coughing and sneezing.  Completely zapped from previous treatment so this is not helping.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #19709 on: 12 January, 2015, 11:14:48 pm »
Being hypnotised by the "Disk Activity" pane in Windows Resource Monitor.  Just what is iTunes up to over and above determining audio volume, and why does it appear to be doing it every twenty minutes?
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #19710 on: 13 January, 2015, 12:49:37 am »
Staring at code wondering what the good idea I had before I opened this file was and wondering if I should just go to bed[1] before I break something.

[1] Thus ensuring that I either remember what the good idea is just before I fall asleep, so I annoy barakta trying to dump a summary of it to non-volatile storage via a crappy touchscreen, or that I have one of those annoying coding dreams where you come up with a solution that's elegant, functional and turns out to be complete bollocks as soon as you wake up.

« Reply #19711 on: 13 January, 2015, 07:51:30 am »
Trying to decide if rivers of snot, a stonking headache and a general feeling of feeble is ill enough not to go to work.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #19712 on: 13 January, 2015, 08:21:24 am »
Being hypnotised by the "Disk Activity" pane in Windows Resource Monitor.  Just what is iTunes up to over and above determining audio volume, and why does it appear to be doing it every twenty minutes?
Reporting back to GCHQ & NSA
Getting there...

« Reply #19713 on: 13 January, 2015, 09:56:06 am »
Writing about CBT
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #19714 on: 13 January, 2015, 03:53:42 pm »
It looks like it does a scan of every directory in the media library, presumably to check for new Stuffs or to report back to the RIAA how much of the old Stuffs you haven't bought from the Mega-Global Fruit Corporation of Cupertino, USAnia's Company Store.

« Reply #19715 on: 13 January, 2015, 04:09:15 pm »
Pro crastinating. I am not your amateur crastinator, I have elevated the status and refined the artform.

Lessons given for reasonable cost, but you will have to wait until I can fit you in.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #19716 on: 15 January, 2015, 07:55:15 pm »
Listening to the original version of Hawkwind's "Silver Machine".  After forty-odd years of being used to Lemmy's vocal track, it's well weird ???

ian

« Reply #19717 on: 15 January, 2015, 10:30:57 pm »
Sitting in El-Eh-Ex and not looking forward to saying goodbye to sunshine and warmth. Should have gone with plan A that would have seen me getting a flight to Hawaii rather than London. Bah to my wife and her stupid work commitments.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #19718 on: 15 January, 2015, 11:15:35 pm »
Sitting in a dead car waiting for the RAC to arrive. Tried jump-starting it but to no avail. Fingers crossed it's just that I was doing it wrong rather than there being a more serious problem.

Sigh.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #19719 on: 17 January, 2015, 02:55:24 pm »
Giving the green Genesis frame a going over with baby wipes prior to doing the 'proper' photographs. Of course, Sod's Law is such that now that I've finished the cleaning and am ready to take stuff outside for snappage it has started snowing again ...

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #19720 on: 17 January, 2015, 04:16:15 pm »
Making onion soup, playing jelly splash, and thinking about getting ready for my Scottish Swimming session later.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #19721 on: 17 January, 2015, 04:23:01 pm »
Making onion soup
I'm about to make another batch of kale and apple soup - it's a lot nicer than it sounds.

« Reply #19722 on: 17 January, 2015, 04:44:34 pm »
Just finished two coats of paint in the Kitchen, I just need to touch up the cutting in on the ceiling to hide the sloppy application of the previous colour and the skirting boards where I haven't been as accurate as I would like but that can wait till later / tomorrow.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #19723 on: 17 January, 2015, 05:41:47 pm »
Tidying up.  I'm trying a new method, which I refer to as "finally throwing out all the crappe".
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #19724 on: 17 January, 2015, 06:08:58 pm »
Contemplating Excel/MP3Tag SCIENCE such that I can automagically rediddle track numbers on double albums, box sets and so forth, that the DLNA Wossname might play them in the right order.

And getting a headache :(