Author Topic: Quick but interesting Breakfast  (Read 6330 times)

Re: Quick but interesting Breakfast
« Reply #25 on: 26 November, 2008, 11:17:01 am »
You should never skip breakfast.

Quickest way to becoming a fat bastard!

How does that work then?

Calories in is reduced so there is nothing to build fatness off of.

I think it works like this:

Having skipped breakfast, your body now thinks it's in a famine situation and will adjust your metabolism accordingly -  you're more likely to gorge yourself at lunch and dinner, in order to build up the fat reserves to see you through the lean time.

This is a hangover from coping with the marginal subsistence of our hunter/gatherer existance millennia ago, but of course our bodies haven't yet evolved to deal with the more sedentary modern lifestyle, with a lower calorific requirement.

Thanks for that.   Breakfast is now in my routine.

Get up - Breakfast.
~ 10:30 to 11:30 - eat packed lunch as usual
~13:00-14:30 - buy a big meal from the staff canteen as usual
~15:00 to 16:30 - eat the fruity stuff from the packed lunch that I'd previously ignored, as usual
~19:30 to 21:00 - eat the evening cooked meal with Mrs Nutty
~23:00 to 03:00 - usual beer induced midnight snack.

I hope that now I'm including breakfast in my eating regime I'll start losing weight. :thumbsup:

« Reply #26 on: 26 November, 2008, 11:39:21 am »
What do people eat for a quick breakfast? 

Look in fridge. Find leftover stuff. Add cereal(s) of choice and some milk and possibly sugar. Eat. (If no leftover stuff, find something else. Or do without that bit.)

« Reply #27 on: 26 November, 2008, 03:54:13 pm »
Porridge.  It's the only use for a  microwave :)

They're quite useful for heating Beans prior to a Toast interface, and also for heating a bowl of soup.

...and scrambled eggs.

Recipe please...  :)

For scrambled eggs in a microwave?

OK, place eggs, and anything else you want eg salt, pepper, butter, in a jug, and mix them up.  Microwave for a bit (say one or two minutes), stop and mix a bit more, microwave a bit more, stop, and mix a bit more until cooked.

It's a bit dependent on how many eggs, the strength of your microwave, and how "solid" you like your scrambled eggs.  Towards the end you want to stop and mix more frequently, or you'll just end up with a solid lump of mixed up eggs!

Hmmm... Sounds a lot more trouble than doing in a saucepan.  ???
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

« Reply #28 on: 26 November, 2008, 04:03:47 pm »
It's more trouble and tastes 'orrible.

« Reply #29 on: 26 November, 2008, 04:10:16 pm »
I think doing it in a saucepan does taste a little better, but it also leaves you with a saucepan which takes a lot more cleaning.  The jug from doing it in the microwave can almost be wiped clean with a tissue!
Actually, it is rocket science.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #30 on: 26 November, 2008, 04:29:25 pm »
Porridge.  It's the only use for a  microwave :)

They're quite useful for heating Beans prior to a Toast interface, and also for heating a bowl of soup.

...and scrambled eggs.

Recipe please...  :)

For scrambled eggs in a microwave?

OK, place eggs, and anything else you want eg salt, pepper, butter, in a jug, and mix them up.  Microwave for a bit (say one or two minutes), stop and mix a bit more, microwave a bit more, stop, and mix a bit more until cooked.

It's a bit dependent on how many eggs, the strength of your microwave, and how "solid" you like your scrambled eggs.  Towards the end you want to stop and mix more frequently, or you'll just end up with a solid lump of mixed up eggs!

Hmmm... Sounds a lot more trouble than doing in a saucepan.  ???

IME it is less trouble as there's no saucepan to clean.

1) Mix egg, milk, salt & pepper in big mug.
2) Microwave on full for 60 seconds
3) Stir
4) Microwave on full for another minute, stirring every 15 sec.
5) Serve when done.