Author Topic: Good curry paste  (Read 1171 times)

Good curry paste
« on: 05 June, 2009, 04:22:28 pm »
Just thought I'd mention Green Thai paste Mae Ploy ...

Mae Ploy Green Curry Paste (400g) in Tesco Price Comparison | mySupermarket

I bought some at our local Thai supermarket and it's the business.  :thumbsup: The only thing was that I used 75g instead of the recommended 50g and Mrs and mini ao shovelled in tons of natural yoghurt to cool it down.  I also tried some baby aubergines - I thought they were pretty good, but the others weren't so sure...
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Good curry paste
« Reply #1 on: 05 June, 2009, 04:39:42 pm »
Excellent.  Is it veggie?  I'm finding it v hard to get hold of veggie curry pastes atm (and ISTR someone else had the issue particularly with green ones).
Getting there...

« Reply #2 on: 05 June, 2009, 05:02:09 pm »
Unfortunately not, unless shrimp could be an honorary vegetable... :)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3 on: 05 June, 2009, 05:04:19 pm »
:( Didn't see ingredient list
Getting there...

« Reply #4 on: 05 June, 2009, 06:20:26 pm »
Excellent.  Is it veggie?  I'm finding it v hard to get hold of veggie curry pastes atm (and ISTR someone else had the issue particularly with green ones).

Make your own? I make it in big batches and freeze it in smaller ones. Yellowbean paste, soy sauce and tamarind paste make pretty good substitutes for the fish oil and shrimp paste.

« Reply #5 on: 05 June, 2009, 06:51:19 pm »

Make your own? I make it in big batches and freeze it in smaller ones. Yellowbean paste, soy sauce and tamarind paste make pretty good substitutes for the fish oil and shrimp paste.

I once made double quantity green thai paste and got some in my face while blending...at least I managed to open my eyes after about 5mins of running water...  :-[