Author Topic: Favourite Olympic cycling team kit?  (Read 1459 times)

Favourite Olympic cycling team kit?
« on: 07 August, 2012, 11:00:24 am »
Unpatriotic, but mine is the Belgian's.  Any other team kit that you admire from a purely asthetic point of view?

Nations with tri-colour flags probably have the best source material! :)

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
Re: Favourite Olympic cycling team kit?
« Reply #1 on: 07 August, 2012, 11:46:01 am »
Too much white overall (Italy, WTF?) and the British team kit looks like a military uniform, all dark blue with the little union flag on the sleeve.  :sick:

Ukraine is pretty cool, with the yellow of the flag turned into stylised wheat, and I like the font of the Russia kit.

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #2 on: 07 August, 2012, 12:10:12 pm »
After a slow start I've come to quite like the British kit. Stylish yet understated, just like me. I'm almost persuaded to buy a cycling jersey, purely as a memento you understand...

Rhys the whole design is based around the union flag!

« Reply #3 on: 07 August, 2012, 12:13:23 pm »
After a slow start I've come to quite like the British kit. Stylish yet understated, just like me. I'm almost persuaded to buy a cycling jersey, purely as a memento you understand...

Rhys the whole design is based around the union flag!

It reminds me of the old RAF roundel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:RAF_Type_A_Roundel.svg
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche