Author Topic: Barcelona v AC Milan  (Read 1205 times)

Barcelona v AC Milan
« on: 13 March, 2013, 01:08:34 am »
Did anybody see it?  What a game!  One good side and one twice as good.  Absolutely staggering rate of passing by Barcelona almost matched by absolutely staggering rate of silly haircuts from AC Milan (not one in Barcelona's team, I think*).  Lessons to be learned about priorities, maybe.  And as for Messi....

* Unless you count the world's hardest hippy Pujol, who actually has the antithesis of a haircut.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: Barcelona v AC Milan
« Reply #1 on: 13 March, 2013, 06:41:10 am »
I watched. It was stunning football, and certainly beat listening to FGR go a goal down at Southport  ;D
It is simpler than it looks.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #2 on: 13 March, 2013, 06:48:25 am »
What was the result? I'm in our Milan office today so should adopt the appropriate look on my face*

*Complicated by the fact that we have a mixture of Inter, Athletico and Juventus fans...

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #3 on: 13 March, 2013, 06:56:48 am »
4-0, so 4-2 on aggregate. The first time in CL history that a 2-0 lead has been overturned in the knockout stages, apparently.

« Reply #4 on: 13 March, 2013, 05:49:19 pm »
It was mesmerizing. Did anyone see the clips of the loan AC Milan marooned in the Barca stand ? His face was priceless every time Barca scored.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Andrew

« Reply #5 on: 13 March, 2013, 06:15:34 pm »
Messi's first goal was incredible. Ringed by defenders, he still managed to get the shot away. The 'keeper could only watch. The guy's a wizard.

clifftaylor

• Max - "make mine a Beophar Hairball Paste please"
« Reply #6 on: 13 March, 2013, 06:43:06 pm »
Hmmmm - Barca seem to have a full squad of players able to pass the ball accurately along the ground to their team mates. England, er, don't have as many as that.

Tail End Charlie

« Reply #7 on: 13 March, 2013, 09:41:43 pm »
It was a super game and AC Milan were in it right till the end as an away goal (which they had chances to score) would have been priceless). Messi is outstanding. Best match I've seen in ages.
If Man United or England think they are anywhere near, they're kidding themselves. Not one player from either team would make the Barca bench.

LEE

« Reply #8 on: 16 March, 2013, 07:37:16 pm »
It should be used as a masterclass in football coaching sessions for kids.

I'm a United fan and I don't kid myself that we're as good as Barca, I don't think anyone associated with United does.

It's something to aspire to but it doesn't always win games.  Madrid have beaten Barca on a regular basis recently and there was very little to separate United and Madrid over 2 games.

What has always puzzled me though it why every Premiership footballer isn't as comfortable with a football as Lionel Messi.

Let's remember that all these 20-something footballers have done, every day for 20 years, is kick a football about.  I find it bizarre just how dreadful some of them are at the whole ball-foot interface thing.

Barca and Madrid have basically raised the game to a new level.  It's up to the rest of the teams to catch up.

Messi is on a different planet to everyone else when it comes to the ball-foot interface thing. I've really never seen anyone that good before.  His first goal was simply perfect but it's the measure of the player that it is just one of hundreds of similar goals he's scored (in a very short time period).

The match was a treat to watch for every football fan (unless you are a Milan fan I guess)

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #9 on: 16 March, 2013, 07:41:39 pm »
Watched a Welsh lad last night who is on loan to us from Bristol City. He danced, deceived, moved and lit up the pitch. Looking one way, collecting the ball and feinting to go another then taking it a third way. Lovely to watch. At Conference level it was a joy.