Author Topic: Seatpost and saddle recommendations  (Read 860 times)

yellowhammer

Seatpost and saddle recommendations
« on: 21 May, 2010, 07:52:59 pm »
x

Re: Seatpost and saddle recommendations
« Reply #1 on: 22 May, 2010, 07:47:49 am »
With the saddle, I've found that there are broadly two basic types I need to be aware of when buying for me.

Ones which have a flat-ish surface, like a Specialized Toupe. Others which have a broadly rounded upper surface, like a Flite, that will bring the saddle closer to your, erm, delicate bits.

I don't know if all the science/marketing blurb holds true, but I've certainly found I avoid any numbness by going for the former style i.e. flat-topped saddles. For me they keep the pressure on my sit-bones, rather than areas where the blood supply travels.

« Reply #2 on: 22 May, 2010, 05:43:01 pm »
I have had great success with my Specialized Alias saddle on the Etape.  I have a Toupe on the TCR too.
I have a Specialized FACT carbon seatpost on the TCR that has a layback position but I have pushed the saddle right forward.
The reason being is I have a USE Alien inline post on the Etape and that is a really comfortable position for me to be in so I am trying to replicate that on the TCR.

« Reply #3 on: 22 May, 2010, 05:46:03 pm »
Thanks SB. I was thinking about a flatter saddle as mine is a bit too rounded for me. I shall check out the Toupe. :)

Happy to help, but as you said originally, they're a very personal thing. Make sure you go to a shop which has the Specialized arse-ometer (helps measure the distance between your sit bones) so you know which width to get if you decide on the Toupe.