Author Topic: offtheball michael-rasmussen-interview  (Read 2260 times)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
offtheball michael-rasmussen-interview
« on: 10 February, 2018, 06:07:43 pm »
http://www.offtheball.com/Other-Sports/michael-rasmussen-interview

An interesting listen!

(I won't be playing many more OffTB shows: this is the most awkward format I've ever used for podcasts. Might work better for mobile users? It better do!)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Re: offtheball michael-rasmussen-interview
« Reply #1 on: 10 February, 2018, 06:19:51 pm »
Of course the deeply engrained doping culture came to an abrupt halt in 2010 when Team Sky arrived, didn't it, Matt.  ;)

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #2 on: 10 February, 2018, 06:52:03 pm »
Probably not. They might have been the first (big-budget) team to campaign on a squeaky clean approach to doping - were you one of the hopeless optimists that believed them? I admire a bit of optimism.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #3 on: 10 February, 2018, 07:21:12 pm »
I seem to remember a spirited defence of Team Sky from you and a mockery of those who had already seen through the fraud.

Still, it's good that you are capable of learning.

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #4 on: 10 February, 2018, 07:24:48 pm »
Thanks.  :thumbsup:

Incidentally, how did this end up being about Team Sky?  Isn't one 44-page thread enough for you? People might start to think you're obsessed ...
Has never ridden RAAM
---------

« Reply #5 on: 10 February, 2018, 07:38:04 pm »
You should read Rasmussens tweets....

Genosse Brymbo

• Ostalgist
« Reply #6 on: 11 February, 2018, 03:41:02 pm »
Thanks.  :thumbsup:

Incidentally, how did this end up being about Team Sky?  Isn't one 44-page thread enough for you? People might start to think you're obsessed ...
He is, Matt.  But that's not necessarily a bad thing.  Kimmage was also portrayed as being obsessed by those who wished he'd give up and go away.  Maybe Flatey is waiting for his Tour of California press conference moment.
The present is a foreign country: they do things differently here.

« Reply #7 on: 11 February, 2018, 05:45:10 pm »
If you have a conversation about cycling and doping then inevitably it will point back to Team Sky, just as if you have a conversation about Team Sky it will inevitably point back to doping...because their 4 time TdF winner has just tested positive. That has never happened in the modern era.

Sky have made it so because they made doping central to their existence from the very start, both in PR terms and usage.

I just want them to fuck off and take their slimy lies with them.

Matt is trying to denigrate me because he is butthurt. Maybe he should get a job on Sky's PR team.

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #8 on: 11 February, 2018, 06:46:51 pm »
I have some shock news for you; Team Sky didnt invent doping.

It is possible for normal bike racing fans to discuss dopers who weren't in Sky, and even riders who PREDATE Team Sky.

Let me know when that has sunk in ...
Has never ridden RAAM
---------

« Reply #9 on: 11 February, 2018, 06:49:48 pm »
Anything that enables you to have a more informed position can only be a good thing, Matt.