Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1754496 times)

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #19150 on: 26 April, 2023, 04:46:03 pm »
It will be good to see the Eastern contingent  ;D

They must be mad keen to get out by now!  :thumbsup:
I'll be along around 20:30 - 21:00.

I'll prolly aim for around 20:30
Regards,

Joergen

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #19151 on: 26 April, 2023, 07:03:14 pm »
It will be good to see the Eastern contingent  ;D

They must be mad keen to get out by now!  :thumbsup:
I'll be along around 20:30 - 21:00.

I'll prolly aim for around 20:30
Ditto
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #19152 on: 26 April, 2023, 07:06:33 pm »
I'm out to play.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #19153 on: 02 May, 2023, 01:55:32 pm »
I am a possible for a Witham friendly venue this Wednesday.

« Reply #19154 on: 02 May, 2023, 03:04:59 pm »
Me too, the Easterly side of Witham by preference.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Oscar's dad

« Reply #19155 on: 02 May, 2023, 03:13:22 pm »

Swan at LT?

« Reply #19156 on: 02 May, 2023, 03:33:54 pm »
I'd be up for that now I can get my cycling shoes on....

Swan at LT?
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

« Reply #19157 on: 02 May, 2023, 03:49:16 pm »

Oscar's dad

« Reply #19158 on: 03 May, 2023, 08:20:24 am »
This will surprise no-one...

Won't be out tonight as The Current Mrs R wants 850kg of MOT Grade 1 shifted onto the site of our bistro courtyard DIY project.  I'm trying not to wind the poor, long suffering woman up too much as on Monday I dragged her all the way to Wimbledon to look at a boat I subsequently bought, very much on a whim.  An opportunity too good to miss is what I'm telling myself.  Suffice to say TCMR has had more enjoyable BH Mondays  ;D

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #19159 on: 03 May, 2023, 09:30:48 am »
OD, do you hear that low whine coming from the garage, that's Fred that is, feeling all unloved and complaining about his joints ceasing up more and more, day by unridden day.
Does anyone know the number for the Mid-Essex Society for the Prevention of Bicycle Cruelty?

In other news, I should be out to play this evening.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #19160 on: 03 May, 2023, 10:15:01 am »
... a boat I subsequently bought...

We need details

Oscar's dad

« Reply #19161 on: 03 May, 2023, 10:15:08 am »
OD, do you hear that low whine coming from the garage, that's Fred that is, feeling all unloved and complaining about his joints ceasing up more and more, day by unridden day.
Does anyone know the number for the Mid-Essex Society for the Prevention of Bicycle Cruelty?

In other news, I should be out to play this evening.

I did notice the other day his chain needed some lube  :'(

Oscar's dad

« Reply #19162 on: 03 May, 2023, 10:22:19 am »

We need details

Details are probably best imparted verbally, which was my plan for this evening. 

Headlines: I have bought a 49 year old Drascombe Longboat Cruiser called Lou-Lou Belle.  I doubt there is another LBC like her anywhere, her spec is mind-blowing.  For example find me another LBC with a scaled down Hebridean wind vane self steering gear.  Our course there is also a practically brand new Raymarine ST1000+ Tiller Pilot with bespoke splash cover.

Andy C33

• Beverage Procurement Officer.
« Reply #19163 on: 03 May, 2023, 10:35:17 am »
Depending on how my already hectic day goes,  I may actually venture out tonight.

« Reply #19164 on: 03 May, 2023, 10:39:17 am »

We need details

Details are probably best imparted verbally, which was my plan for this evening. 

Headlines: I have bought a 49 year old Drascombe Longboat Cruiser called Lou-Lou Belle.  I doubt there is another LBC like her anywhere, her spec is mind-blowing.  For example find me another LBC with a scaled down Hebridean wind vane self steering gear.  Our course there is also a practically brand new Raymarine ST1000+ Tiller Pilot with bespoke splash cover.

Sounds interesting.  It is going to be hard to discuss with you when you are at home and we are all at the pub though.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #19165 on: 03 May, 2023, 10:43:17 am »
A good point well made ted.  I will try to pull myself together.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #19166 on: 03 May, 2023, 12:14:14 pm »

We need details

Sounds absolutely fantastic, 49 years old though, is it seaworthy?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #19167 on: 03 May, 2023, 12:20:59 pm »

We need details

Very much so!

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #19168 on: 03 May, 2023, 12:23:27 pm »

We need details

Very much so!

Wooden? Where is it now?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #19169 on: 03 May, 2023, 12:34:26 pm »
GRP, currently in Wimbledon, will be on The Blackwater as of 20th May.

I'm buying the boat from a retired RN Commander in his 70s.  Apart from a long career at sea in the RN and US Navy I think, he has rowed the Atlantic twice and sailed it 3 times (not in the Drascombe).  He bought the boat and modified / restored / fitted her out to sail round the UK potentially non-stop and potentially singlehanded.  Unfortunately COVID lockdown, family commitments and ill health stopped him from making an attempt. Apart from a few trips from Southampton Water all he managed was 500nm of sea trials which included crossing Lyme Bay alone at night in a rising gale.  Its tragic he never set out on the trip.  Although I don't anticipate sailing round the UK once I have reorganised my life next year I plan to use her regularly so at least his hard work will see some reward if not by him.

He's selling the boat (which effectively is an expedition boat), tender, trailer, outboard and a mountain of kit for less than half what I think he's spent on her.

« Reply #19170 on: 03 May, 2023, 12:39:40 pm »
...will be on The Blackwater as of 20th May.

Where ?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #19171 on: 03 May, 2023, 12:50:53 pm »
...will be on The Blackwater as of 20th May.

Where ?

Jan is making enquiries about a swinging mooring at Blackwater SC. If not potentially Tollesbury or Bradwell Marinas. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for BSC as it seems the best option on all fronts not just price. Me and Jan had a very useful chat yesterday. I also messaged you, so if you have some options I’m all ears.

« Reply #19172 on: 03 May, 2023, 01:19:40 pm »
Fab news about your new vessel! Any Easterlies around tonight? Back has been a bit tender for a week but I may chance a localish one

« Reply #19173 on: 03 May, 2023, 01:21:49 pm »

We need details

You should be careful on here of suggesting that anything 49 years old is no longer fit for purpose...

Oscar's dad

« Reply #19174 on: 03 May, 2023, 01:28:35 pm »
Fab news about your new vessel! ...
Thank you!

We need details

You should be careful on here of suggesting that anything 49 years old is no longer fit for purpose...

True, or even things / people older than 49!