Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by Pingu on Today at 05:59:05 pm »
A Message To You Rudy - The Specials
Caption It / Re: Caption it #2084
« Last post by delthebike on Today at 05:50:16 pm »
I wanted full mudguards as the crease in my trousers cut through the tyres of my last bike.
Racing / Re: RATN 2024.
« Last post by Lightning Phil on Today at 05:49:39 pm »
Wonder how many will have reflectors on their pedals?
Rides and Touring / Re: Have you been out today?
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 05:48:44 pm »
Not today, but I've just received a reminder from Google Photos that it's 17 years today sine we reached Dunnett Head, the day after reaching John o'Groats.
Caption It / Re: Caption it #2084
« Last post by Lightning Phil on Today at 05:47:58 pm »
I’ll soon be winning audax on this. Is it tubeless ready and DI2 an option?
Health & Fitness / Re: Cross Training: Swimming
« Last post by citoyen on Today at 05:46:37 pm »
Anyway, I'm interested in smart goggles as an option. Or some other fitness tracking device that works in water, if anyone has any recommendations - my Garmin FR620 is not really any good in water, only useful for measuring time not distance.

Just been re-reading the early pages of this thread, from 2011. Back then, JJ recommended a Swimovate for counting lengths and though I liked the sound of it, I never got round to buying one.

My performance has definitely deteriorated since 2011.  :-\
The Pub / Re: What have you fettled today?
« Last post by Adam on Today at 05:46:36 pm »
Fitted Ergon GP2 grips onto my Brompton.  I can't believe how rubbish the cheap & nasty standard foam grips are.
Health & Fitness / Re: Cross Training: Swimming
« Last post by citoyen on Today at 05:33:54 pm »
I was in a swimming club in my youth. Was never good enough to be competitive but I did get drilled with good technique. I've lost a lot of that over the years and could do with some refreshers. And I never really did learn how to tumble turn properly.

Not bothered about improving performance as such, but swimming is more enjoyable if you can do it right.
The Pub / Re: Super-Twat
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 05:33:10 pm »
Hosking, unfortunately, owns Locomotive Services Ltd, which owns and runs many of the preserved mainline steam and diesel locomotives.  He has money to burn.
Lapelec in the UK which is "son of Lucas" the automotive electrical outfit.)

Does that make Lapelec Princeling of Darkness?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10