Author Topic: Calendars - The historic photo sort  (Read 852 times)

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
Calendars - The historic photo sort
« on: 01 November, 2020, 03:47:33 pm »
Years ago I randomly got a Prendas calendar free with an order (around november of the year dated on the calendar); it had pictures from cycling history particularly the era that prendas highlight in their sales (80s and 90s)

Every year I get a couple of motorsport archive calendars for at home (Published by the McKlein archive but I guess LAT will do similar), and for my work wall calendar for next year I thought something like "Hard bastards of cyclings past" might be a good theme. But I can't find one, in fact the range of cycling calendars seems to be pretty pish.

Anyone know if such a thing exists?
Otherwise it'll be the Calmac one again which is really just goading me now, so much so that it didn't follow me in my temporary move until I can WFH in the 5 day blocks and move back in with the group im flopping with.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: Calendars - The historic photo sort
« Reply #1 on: 01 November, 2020, 06:38:41 pm »
This Unit endorses the Walthamstow Tourist Board (Unofficial) “Mattresses of Walthamstow” calendar.  Get one o' they instead ;)
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2 on: 01 November, 2020, 08:15:16 pm »
I think, when I was a PSOette I treated myself to a calendar of Frank Paterson drawings, from the CTC.
Would have been >40 years ago.

Doubt similar would be available nowadays...

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #3 on: 02 November, 2020, 09:20:28 pm »
For some reason I missed these responses.
No evidence on a CTC/CUK calendar

The mattress calendar will be considered with the necessary severity.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #4 on: 02 November, 2020, 10:42:20 pm »
This Unit endorses the Walthamstow Tourist Board (Unofficial) “Mattresses of Walthamstow” calendar.  Get one o' they instead ;)

The Roundabouts of Croydon one's also pretty good, but nobody's done a Fridges of Selly Oak yet :(