Author Topic: Fatbike tyre q?  (Read 38065 times)

Re: Fatbike tyre q?
« Reply #75 on: 03 October, 2014, 12:44:47 pm »
Cheers Paul  ;)
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

« Reply #76 on: 05 October, 2014, 03:47:50 pm »
Anybody use the mucky nutz fat face or gut fender?

I don't want to put full guards on, just something to keep my face clean. I got plastered in mud today, really plastered in it!
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #77 on: 05 October, 2014, 04:15:03 pm »
Anybody use the mucky nutz fat face or gut fender?

I don't want to put full guards on, just something to keep my face clean. I got plastered in mud today, really plastered in it!
http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/pdw-daves-mud-shovel-front-mudguard-prod30660/

(the Dave in question is Dave Gray of Surly ...)

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #78 on: 05 October, 2014, 04:28:03 pm »
As Interzen says the pew mud shovel is the way to go, they also do a rear version.

Only downside of a fatbike is that nobody likes to ride behind you because of the mud or dust the rear tyre throws up.

« Reply #79 on: 05 October, 2014, 05:13:59 pm »
Looks great. How is is for stopping front fling?

Not bothered about the rear. I even had a job drinking from the camelbak today, it was covered, as was my jacket. I had nowhere to even wipe it clean.

Took my glasses off because it was a blackout, then lost the bloody things, fell out out of my camelback open top pocket. Luckily they're only £3 bolle jobbies.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #80 on: 05 October, 2014, 05:30:06 pm »
Pretty effective, coupled with a bender fender it stops the majority of the muck. Not 100% but should stop the face pack effect.

« Reply #81 on: 05 October, 2014, 05:37:42 pm »
 :thumbsup:

I'll get one.

My wife will be happy too, I dropped about 20kg of mud by the back door today. Hope the neighbours weren't peaking, I had to strip off before I was allowed inside.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #82 on: 05 October, 2014, 05:52:42 pm »
Top tip for the Bender Fender - the velcro strips that come with it are useless; use zip-ties instead. Also, the Bender Fender 2.1 is plenty wide enough to use even on a Moonlander fork.

« Reply #83 on: 05 October, 2014, 06:11:45 pm »
I think I've got one in the shed, the others on the c'dale :thumbsup:

Gus

• Loosing weight stone by stone
    • We will return
« Reply #84 on: 06 October, 2014, 07:26:48 pm »
Todays test

On one floater 6psi in the rear tyre & Big fat Larry 4.5psi in the front
10 miles in loose sand, they performed well but I was completely knackered after the ride.

But I left the beach with a big  ;D

« Reply #85 on: 06 October, 2014, 08:27:42 pm »
 :thumbsup: I can't wait to try sand, there's a couple of nice stretches I have planned in Scotland.

Not on sand but mud this weekend, 10psi. It was too high on the front, will drop it to 8. Hard work on tarmac though with nards!

« Reply #86 on: 08 October, 2014, 07:08:26 pm »
Just fitted a mucky nutz fat face fender, the normal one was half the width of the tyre. This thing gives great coverage, it's really wide. It's got a double fork fitting, they fold together to make the fender bend with the tyre.

If it doesn't cover enough, I'll get a mud shovel too.