Author Topic: UCI Road World Championships 2012  (Read 1139 times)

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
UCI Road World Championships 2012
« on: 03 September, 2012, 03:03:00 pm »
BC have announced the shortlist for the British team. No real surprises, except perhaps the omission of David Millar, and no Brad in the time trial...

British Cycling announces team for 2012 UCI Road World Championships
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

citoyen

Re: UCI Road World Championships 2012
« Reply #2 on: 03 September, 2012, 03:10:25 pm »
Oops. Fixed now. Seemed to be some residual crap in the url cos I clicked through from twitter.

d.

JT

• Howay the lads!
    • CTC Peterborough
« Reply #3 on: 03 September, 2012, 03:20:35 pm »
I'm please that Tiernan-Lock is on the long list (rumoured to be signing for Sky) - I hope he makes it into the team.
No suprise about Wiggins, he's already said he wouldn't be riding the TT. I can't see Froome riding the TT after this tough Vuelta so it looks like it will be Dowsett and Thomas.

Interesting to see Laura Trott on the women's list and I wonder if it's just a publicity stunt - she hates riding the road and judging by her Twitter feed hasn't been on her bike much since the Olympics.
a great mind thinks alike

citoyen

« Reply #4 on: 03 September, 2012, 03:44:14 pm »
No suprise about Wiggins, he's already said he wouldn't be riding the TT.

Yeah, I had assumed he would want to do it but it makes sense that he doesn't. I presume that means he won't be representing Sky in the team TT either.

d.

JT

• Howay the lads!
    • CTC Peterborough
« Reply #5 on: 03 September, 2012, 03:49:35 pm »
I keep forgetting about the TTTT! It seems such a stupid idea and I'm not sure how seriously teams are taking it either.

It's not the sort of thing there's going to be much prestige in winning. You might get to wear the stripes twice a year maybe?

a great mind thinks alike