Author Topic: F group start photos  (Read 1467 times)

F group start photos
« on: 22 August, 2023, 10:22:20 am »
I don't see any existing thread for this but there's only a few so perhaps this could be merged into a bigger and more interesting topic. My apologies to Frank (and undoubtedly a few others that I don't know at all), I appear to have missed you (the only possible shots don't go above the knee, all the tandems that I can identify don't correspond).
I have one trike with a tailbox. Could that be Mr Larrington?
The more wonderful will be in QG's topic devoted to that.

Eagle-eyed viewers will see that there are twice as many photos as subjects. Wot happens when amatchers do the work of pros!

Re: F group start photos
« Reply #1 on: 22 August, 2023, 10:50:09 am »
You've actually got me in the background behind the vrlomobiles.
Good pics!

The start was a bit hairy on the tandem as we're not great starters at the best of times, and it was uphill on gravel, and it is hard to steer at low speed. I had to slow right down to avoid hitting a velomobile. It was a relief to make it to the tarmac.
In hindsight would have been sensible to have got to the front of the group.

« Reply #2 on: 22 August, 2023, 11:04:07 am »
The top pic is VC167-er Steve B behind YACF's LW&B

I'm jealous. I want that spot next time.

Bottom picture is VC167-er aidan f

« Reply #3 on: 22 August, 2023, 11:35:12 am »

Judith is on the trike beside them

« Reply #4 on: 22 August, 2023, 11:38:27 am »
You've actually got me in the background behind the vrlomobiles.
Good pics!

The start was a bit hairy on the tandem as we're not great starters at the best of times, and it was uphill on gravel, and it is hard to steer at low speed. I had to slow right down to avoid hitting a velomobile. It was a relief to make it to the tarmac.
In hindsight would have been sensible to have got to the front of the group.

There were quite a few who finished up on foot and one bent at least that finished in the fence. Really, starting PBP by pushing your bike up a gravel track; there must be a better way!

I'm jealous. I want that spot next time.

Bottom picture is VC167-er aidan f

Yes I recognized Aidan, we had a chat just before the start. I met him when I envied his trike at LEL last year. Small world when the first person you cross at the hospitality tent at PBP is one you met at St Ives!