Author Topic: 'Quiet' times at A&E?  (Read 40898 times)

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
Re: 'Quiet' times at A&E?
« Reply #25 on: 18 December, 2010, 09:22:08 am »
Best way to ensure that you are seen quickly in A&E is to ensure that your other half is a consultant at said hospital and that he is with you when you go in...  ;D
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #26 on: 18 December, 2010, 09:25:13 am »
Best way to ensure that you are seen quickly in A&E is to ensure that your other half is a consultant at said hospital and that he is with you when you go in...  ;D

Or when you go into reception make sure you show your NHS id  ;D

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #27 on: 18 December, 2010, 09:53:01 am »
To bring closure to my part in this discussion...

After leaving work Thursday I went to the Liverpool Street Walk-in-Centre.  They should use the strapline: Service with a snarl.  ::-)

Pretty quiet, so seen quickly.  Once the nurse worked up some interest in her patient's issues she checked my lungs - fine.  Then she did some poking, prodding and squeezing (you, at the back, stop sniggering!) and declared my ribs to be fine.  OTOH, she blamed my pain on a muscles spasm, which she described being hard as a rock.  I was handed some guidance on how to handle rib and muscle problems (why do they insist on printing things single-sided?) and sent on my way.

I was glad to learn it was only muscular, which should clear much quicker than damaged ribs.  But after her prodding I was in more discomfort, bordering on proper pain, than when I went in!

- the end -

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #28 on: 18 December, 2010, 01:41:55 pm »

I was handed some guidance on how to handle rib and muscle problems (why do they insist on printing things single-sided?) and sent on my way.

They probably don't have many duplex printers.
Cheap paper and double-sided printing can jam and frustrate...