Author Topic: The health and fitness thread about random things  (Read 270936 times)

T42

• *** fool in a hurry
Re: The health and fitness thread about random things
« Reply #3475 on: April 28, 2021, 04:17:50 pm »
Was daft enough today to have an espresso just before riding, and had very mild angina when heart was running over the cardiologist's theoretical max. Nothing startling, but enough to make me reduce the effort.

At my last stress test I had a "discreet" depression of the ST segment when I went over "max" revs.  In previous years the cardiologist would have pushed it a wee bit further then sent me for an angiogram + probable stent, but that would have meant an hour or so in what's joyfully called reanimation here, and I reckon they don't want odd bodies cluttering the place up just because they want to pedal a bit hard.

I reckon I'll try the vasodilator the cardiologist recommended.  If it clobbers the effort too much I can always have an espresso or two.
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.

« Reply #3476 on: Yesterday at 03:36:51 pm »
Bugger. My gall bladder has started complying again, after 7 years of virtually no symptoms. Now I’ve had discomfort - although thankfully not the full-on agony - twice in 2 days  :( :(.

Here’s hoping it passes again before bedtime. And a wake-up call to start eating sensibly again.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #3477 on: Yesterday at 04:04:06 pm »
Was daft enough today to have an espresso just before riding, and had very mild angina when heart was running over the cardiologist's theoretical max. Nothing startling, but enough to make me reduce the effort.

If you don’t mind me asking. What percentage of your max HR is this theoretical max set by cardiologist?