Author Topic: audax membership  (Read 9521 times)

lemonjiffy

audax membership
« on: 01 July, 2010, 06:04:45 pm »
when can u join audax uk  and have ur membership carried forward to the following year,or do i have to wait till 1/1/1111, im not riding b4 november 1st so i dont need 2010 membership,

ta

Re: audax membership
« Reply #1 on: 01 July, 2010, 08:19:24 pm »
I think it might be October but I'm not sure, it used to tell all on the AUK website - have you looked?

lemonjiffy

« Reply #2 on: 01 July, 2010, 08:28:45 pm »
I think it might be October but I'm not sure, it used to tell all on the AUK website - have you looked?

yup, looked earlier, thought someone on here may know ;D will email someone in the know closer to the time

thx

« Reply #3 on: 01 July, 2010, 08:33:05 pm »
From the website:-

"
The basic fee for a new member is £19 for a calendar year, ending on December 31st, although new members joining late in the year will be subscribed until the end of the following year.
"

sorry...

"
Teh bzc fee 4a nu mmbrz £19 for 12mnths, endin NYE, nu membrz joinin l8 n year will b sbscrbd until teh end o nxt yr
"

kthxbai
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #4 on: 01 July, 2010, 08:34:48 pm »
Mr. Greenbank u iz ltl  :demon:

;D

scottlington

• It's short for, erm....Bob!
« Reply #5 on: 01 July, 2010, 10:49:30 pm »
innit

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #6 on: 01 July, 2010, 11:44:30 pm »

"
The basic fee for a new member is £19 for a calendar year, ending on December 31st, although new members joining late in the year will be subscribed until the end of the following year.
"

"
... please enclose English 'O' Level certificate (or new-fangled equivalent). We do have standards to maintain.
"
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Phixie

• No gears and all the ideas
« Reply #7 on: 01 July, 2010, 11:54:36 pm »
when can u join audax uk  and have ur membership carried forward to the following year,or do i have to wait till 1/1/1111, im not riding b4 november 1st so i dont need 2010 membership,

ta

From 1st September.

Regards,

RP
At the end of the day, when all's said and done, there's usually a lot more said than done.

« Reply #8 on: 02 July, 2010, 12:11:55 am »
In fairness, the specific date is buried within the regulations.

Why wait till November to ride your first audax though?

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #9 on: 02 July, 2010, 12:19:23 am »
I guess the point is that temp insurance is only 2 quid. So you need to ride several events before September to make the membership pay off.

(oh hang on, this doesn't apply to the OP - anyway, it's still true in general ... )
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

DanialW

« Reply #10 on: 02 July, 2010, 08:54:32 am »
Of course, this all depends on whether the rider joins now, after such a warm welcome.

chris

• (aka chris)
« Reply #11 on: 02 July, 2010, 08:58:13 am »
y dnt v gt t op t rte rte shts 4 auk? e wd b gd at m.

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
« Reply #12 on: 02 July, 2010, 09:34:09 am »
like, op respekt. e z well kule innit? eed b gd cmpni on rydz innit.
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #13 on: 02 July, 2010, 09:35:14 am »
Of course, this all depends on whether the rider joins now, after such a warm welcome.

& his sense of humour or otherwise

DanialW

« Reply #14 on: 02 July, 2010, 09:44:51 am »
If I'd just joined a group, and half of the people in that group had just taken the piss out of me on sight, I'm not sure my sense of humour would kick in. In fact, I'd probably go find another group who weren't so unpleasant.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #15 on: 02 July, 2010, 09:55:03 am »
aye,this thread benefits from the sensible input of folk such as yourself & the very welcoming Mr. Wigley who was extremely helpfull when I joined.
Don't take note of the lunatic's running loose in the asylum lemonjiffy
DLTBGYD

lemonjiffy

« Reply #16 on: 02 July, 2010, 09:55:38 am »

"
"

sorry...

"
Teh bzc fee 4a nu mmbrz £19 for 12mnths, endin NYE, nu membrz joinin l8 n year will b sbscrbd until teh end o nxt yr
"

kthxbai

thx for ur pointless reply seeing as u still dont give a specific date, i may be an ejut but even i could find that on the website :D

lemonjiffy

« Reply #17 on: 02 July, 2010, 09:57:04 am »

ta

From 1st September.

Regards,

RP

thx

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #18 on: 02 July, 2010, 09:58:14 am »
Don't take note of the lunatic's running
lunatics please

;)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------

lemonjiffy

« Reply #19 on: 02 July, 2010, 10:00:38 am »
If I'd just joined a group, and half of the people in that group had just taken the piss out of me on sight, I'm not sure my sense of humour would kick in. In fact, I'd probably go find another group who weren't so unpleasant.

your not wrong, thats y not joinng, if at all, b4 next season, after having the piss taken out of me last year, though more end of year rather than course of riding events last year. been a blessing as doubled my milage already compared to last year and without costing me a penny ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #20 on: 02 July, 2010, 10:02:04 am »
The problem with the printed word is that it lacks the tone,inflections & nuances imparted by speech thus obviating the humour & other emotions inherent in dialogue.
Hopefully lemonjiffy will ignore the nonsense,try a couple of audax rides & conclude,as I did,that this place is full of helpfull comedians

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #21 on: 02 July, 2010, 10:03:47 am »
lunatics please

;)

cautioned by the apostrophe-police ::-)

sorry,your honour :D

lemonjiffy

« Reply #22 on: 02 July, 2010, 10:05:59 am »

"
"

sorry...

"
"

kthxbai

actually going by membership form cud join from 1st july this year and get free membership to end of current year,

At the moment the membership fee includes the remainder of this year for free.
1 or 5 Year   1 year   (£19 - expires 31st December 2010)
5 years (£61 - expires 31st December 2014

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #23 on: 02 July, 2010, 10:06:56 am »
lunatics please

;)

cautioned by the apostrophe-police ::-)

sorry,your honour :D

Now, be careful with that spacebar, young man, and remember to capitalise 'Honour'. ;)
Getting there...

lemonjiffy

« Reply #24 on: 02 July, 2010, 10:08:16 am »
The problem with the printed word is that it lacks the tone,inflections & nuances imparted by speech thus obviating the humour & other emotions inherent in dialogue.
Hopefully lemonjiffy will ignore the nonsense,try a couple of audax rides & conclude,as I did,that this place is full of helpfull comedians

rode 57 of them last year  ;D
not sure of the helpful comedians, not here up north anyway