Author Topic: Cav beats McEwen in a crit.  (Read 2871 times)

Cav beats McEwen in a crit.
« on: 30 July, 2012, 02:24:48 pm »
Vid taken at the Ninove post-tour crit from McEwens bike. Bet the £000s Cav earned helped soothe the pain of London. Making the most of his last few months in the rainbow jersey. Good luck to him.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9Utw-6yGOow&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/9Utw-6yGOow&rel=1</a>
Working my way up to inferior.

Re: Cav beats McEwen in a crit.
« Reply #1 on: 30 July, 2012, 08:46:06 pm »
Hopefully I'm not the only one going  ???

Was this Monday last week?

I thought McEwen had retired completely and had put his feet up to do something managerial at Orica GreenEDGE or somewhere.

How come McEwen is still so bleedin' fast?

How can Cav do this so shortly after the Tour?

At least I know now that Cav is faster than McEwen - but there's really not much in it, and considering the Aussie must be 40? he's still blisteringly quick. McEwen appearing out of nowhere in the gallop, wearing his 'cloak of invisibility' (taken from his suitcase of courage no doubt) was a sight to behold, and I wish the two of them could have contested more sprints in Grand Tours.

Awesome - the pair of them.
'Something....something.... Something about racing bicycles, but really a profound metaphor about life itself.'  Tim Krabbé. Possibly

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #2 on: 30 July, 2012, 09:01:52 pm »
I thought the places in post-Tour crits were arranged before the start.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #3 on: 30 July, 2012, 09:28:52 pm »
What sort of appearance fees are we talking here?
'Something....something.... Something about racing bicycles, but really a profound metaphor about life itself.'  Tim Krabbé. Possibly

JT

• Howay the lads!
    • CTC Peterborough
« Reply #4 on: 30 July, 2012, 10:37:06 pm »
Post-Tour crits are widely known to be rigged - even the local crowd know.

It's rumoured that Cav was picking up €40-45K on Sunday.
a great mind thinks alike

« Reply #5 on: 30 July, 2012, 11:38:07 pm »
So this was the day after the Lympic RR? Jeez, these guys don't stop do they (especially if there's money to be pocketed)?

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #6 on: 31 July, 2012, 08:52:40 am »
Post-Tour crits are widely known to be rigged - even the local crowd know.

It's rumoured that Cav was picking up €40-45K on Sunday.

If it was rigged, it was still f'in impressive! The Times or Telegraph reported that Cav was on £40k appearance fees. Nice work!

« Reply #7 on: 31 July, 2012, 05:01:09 pm »
He's commentating on the track events with Jake Humphrey for the Beeb, so he'll be lucky to get £40 never mind £40k. Hope he takes the piss out of the Aussies for not riding hard enough ;D
Working my way up to inferior.

JT

• Howay the lads!
    • CTC Peterborough
« Reply #8 on: 31 July, 2012, 06:27:49 pm »
He's commentating on the track events with Jake Humphrey for the Beeb, so he'll be lucky to get £40 never mind £40k. Hope he takes the piss out of the Aussies for not riding hard enough ;D

Any budget will have gone on a step ladder. With Cav's "munchkin legs" standing next to the cloud biter, Humphrey, he's going to need one.
a great mind thinks alike

« Reply #9 on: 31 July, 2012, 06:42:43 pm »
Where does the money come from to pay these sky high fees? They're free events for spectators, so is it left to the burghers and good businesspeople of Ninove to stump up the cash?

« Reply #10 on: 31 July, 2012, 11:13:30 pm »
Bet the £000s Cav earned helped soothe the pain of London.
Shouldn't imagine so.

« Reply #11 on: 01 August, 2012, 11:46:32 am »
Does he keep this money or does it go in the kitty?

Awesome footage - can they do the image stabilisation real-time? If so, I'd love to see these as race cams.

« Reply #12 on: 01 August, 2012, 08:16:40 pm »
Does he keep this money or does it go in the kitty?

Awesome footage - can they do the image stabilisation real-time? If so, I'd love to see these as race cams.

Post-Tour crits are the way that the big hitters make money out of the Tour.

Tour winnings go to the team.