Author Topic: Tacx Trouble  (Read 1754 times)

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
Tacx Trouble
« on: 04 September, 2016, 10:51:31 pm »
Re-commissioned the turbo trainer yesterday after a pretty dry summer and no real need to be indoors.  All started up OK and had a few software updates (TTS 4) but when I started the training, target 100rpm, the trainer was showing over 200.

I didn't think much of that as it was about double the target and I thought it might be a software thing i.e. count each leg.  But the weirdness continued when I dropped the cadence to 80, but the indicated value went up to 240.

Throughout this I was also using my Garmin Fenix 2, so I have a reasonable idea of the real cadence, plus the feel in my legs.

Anyone got any ideas or had a similar issue?
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Gruby Mits

• I am in this only for the cake factor
Re: Tacx Trouble
« Reply #1 on: 26 September, 2016, 04:16:30 pm »
I hace noticed since attaching a second cadence sensor on my bike to harvest data on my otherwise hermetic Tacx Flow has gone mad. Not always double, sometimes halves or disappers? The second sensor is for a Garmin 705.
Not sure if this is any help to you... maybe try removing the sensor for the Garmin might help determin if it is the cause?

What? Turn left that way?

Re: Tacx Trouble
« Reply #2 on: 26 September, 2016, 10:05:20 pm »
My Neo was pretty poor at cadence so I stuck a cadence sensor on.  Trainerroad will use whichever signal you tell it to so i simply ignore the Neo cadence signal.  I think that my pedalling may not have been smooth enough and the Tacx created spurious signals.

It could of course be a TTS4 problem.  Tacx software is generally pants.